Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #185

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RA is the spitting image of BG

Respectfully, if anybody was the spitting image of "BG" it wouldn't (or shouldn't!) have taken 5.5 years to find him.

In my opinion, I don't think that "image" is anywhere near clear enough to say anyone is a spitting image of it. Even NASA and Disney couldn't do it.

IMO MOO

Very astute post Megs. Libby's phone = final witness = conviction of RA aka Bridge Guy.

MOO

I really don't think what's on her phone is going to be the nail in the coffin some people think it is. If it was that obvious, it wouldn't have taken 5.5 years to find him (especially since he said he was there.)

IMO MOO

One of the other witness said her head came up to "BG's" shoulder. He's short, and she's tallish from what I've seen in photos (taller than him). So, I am not sure their eye witness testimony is any better than BB's recollection she gave to the sketch artist. The jury will notice this (if the State isn't successful in keeping it out of the trial).

Also, RA looks nothing like BG, IMO. (But nobody else does either, IMO)

IMO MOO

Well considering he has admitted he was on the bridge and dressed similarly to BG it really doesn’t matter if you can’t see it. He has also been placed on that first platform as he admitted again he walked to that first platform and a woman said she saw a man on that first platform at the time he would of roughly been on the bridge.

Moo

So we just go with what they think they must have meant? And only use the description/sketch of the guy who "fits?" I'm not directing this question to you, Justice. It's a general pondering. It's going to be a problem for the jury if this is allowed in (and it should be).

JMO MOO

I would think that the defense always tries to exploit differences in witness descriptions when they can.

The prosecution will no doubt call the kids, the lady who saw him on the bridge as well as the woman driving by CPS road. Based on the TIME that all these sequence of events happened, the prosecution will try to paint a compelling argument that IT HAD TO BE THE SAME GUY BECAUSE NOBODY ELSE WAS SEEN.. therefore, witness differences don't matter much.

Just my take.. again, juries are generalists who will believe a prosecutor's theory until there is enough reasonable doubt to change their minds.

If RA did this, and the prosecution shows enough compelling evidence and if the defense cannot refute it, I have full confidence the jury will come to the right conclusion. They usually do. We, on here, just tend to overthink it.

One of the other witness said her head came up to "BG's" shoulder. He's short, and she's tallish from what I've seen in photos (taller than him). So, I am not sure their eye witness testimony is any better than BB's recollection she gave to the sketch artist. The jury will notice this (if the State isn't successful in keeping it out of the trial).

Also, RA looks nothing like BG, IMO. (But nobody else does either, IMO)

IMO MOO

Young people tend not to judge spacial the same as adults, IMO. We know not much of what BB has described either. I see a lot of RA features (before he gain all that post-murders weight) in her drawing though, from I think we figured the 1st platform was something like 50-60 feet away, IIRC. In Libby's video I can certainly see RA. I can also hear him in the audio,"Guys, down the hill". I can't wait to hear his confessions to hopefully verify my hearing. AJMO

Young people tend not to judge spacial the same as adults, IMO. We know not much of what BB has described either. I see a lot of RA features (before he gain all that post-murders weight) in her drawing though, from I think we figured the 1st platform was something like 50-60 feet away, IIRC. In Libby's video I can certainly see RA. I can also hear him in the audio,"Guys, down the hill". I can't wait to hear his confessions to hopefully verify my hearing. AJMO

The only people I have have thought sound like the voice in "down the hill" are Kegan Kline, <modsnip> and Doug Carter. (And to be CLEAR, I do not suspect Doug Carter....I think think it sounds like him coincidentally!). I haven't really heard enough of RA's voice to have an opinion about him, though. When I heard KK's voice, I was like "woah! That sounds like 'down the hill.'" (And no, I do not think KK is "BG.")

I don't think it will be a large part of the trial either way.

IMO MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
So why has the defense been so quiet lately?
Have they exhausted all their creative writing ideas?
Is Hennessy treating them to a spectacular Caribbean vacation paid with the crowdfunding money he collected to pay for experts that wasn’t necessary because the experts did get paid once the defense figured out how to fill out paperwork correctly?
But really, all poking fun aside, they’ve never been this quiet this long.
Is something going on behind the scene?
I hope so, but I’ve been so wrong before.

Respectfully, if anybody was the spitting image of "BG" it wouldn't (or shouldn't!) have taken 5.5 years to find him.

In my opinion, I don't think that "image" is anywhere near clear enough to say anyone is a spitting image of it. Even NASA and Disney couldn't do it.

IMO MOO

yes, this.

The ONLY THING I "thought" I could tell about his face from the images of BG on the bridge video was that he has an ABOVE AVERAGE SIZED NOSE and NOT a long face.

that's it. the resolution was not good

View attachment 509658

Not really a good strategy IMO. Even Abby & Libby's families
were upset over it. :confused: For 2 years that entire community and others was looking for a male who was described as looking like this older sketched dude, and 2 years later the younger sketched one. That could play havoc in this jury trial. MOO.

I still recall discussing the "bulbous" nose, and I had many a man picked out as my suspect. :p
That's cool..

I respect your opinion but I still believe it was a great strategy.

The family may have been upset at first, not understanding the "why".

IIRC, Kelsie German even posted later, regarding the 2nd sketch, that "There is a reason for it, Thankful we have it now" -

Like I said, connecting the dots, it does make sense to me but that is JMO

Was there not that video where it claimed RA had tried to commit suicide from trusted source Gary Hugh’s. So maybe they can’t do much if it’s true as he would be indisposed at the moment and I’m assuming they need his input.

Moo

I’ve wondered about that some. I think it’s a possibility.
I would say though that I doubt they think they need his input. I’m not so sure they were consulting him much before.

I wonder if the P had voice analysis done?

Hope so, but is there even anything that would be able to say definitely if there is or isn't a voice match? I have no idea about that....if the technology exists.
Voice analysis likely would be inadmissible; doesn't pass reliability indicia. Here is an earlier post I made on the issue.

So why has the defense been so quiet lately?
Have they exhausted all their creative writing ideas?
Is Hennessy treating them to a spectacular Caribbean vacation paid with the crowdfunding money he collected to pay for experts that wasn’t necessary because the experts did get paid once the defense figured out how to fill out paperwork correctly?
But really, all poking fun aside, they’ve never been this quiet this long.
Is something going on behind the scene?
I hope so, but I’ve been so wrong before.
They’re finally reading the discovery, I hope.

Check this out (link in the post about facial recognition). I wonder what he'd say about RA looking like the "image known as BG."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3