Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #185

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I agree. Once you read discovery, all those details are off the table for me. It would have to be pre-discovery, before the police even told the person any details about the crime. Like a compete spontaneous utterance, unprompted by any clues or suggestions.

I think a jury will see it this way as well.

IMO

Oh I agree. Once you read discovery, all those details are off the table for me. It would have to be pre-discovery, before the police even told the person any details about the crime. Like a compete spontaneous utterance, unprompted by any clues or suggestions.
Yes, and that would bring EF’s tale to his sister MJ to mind, within a day of the murders, no less! JMO

I'm still wondering about this guy:

Among the recent evidence related to Odinism the defense said it has received is search warrants signed by judges in Marion County for phone and internet records of at least one unknown person who admitted to killing the girls.

The attorneys said this person provided details about the crime scene that were unknown to the general public at the time.

“Such as the fact that he used knife in way consistent with the manner of death and also claiming that he used gun but never fired it,” Allen’s team wrote.

Oldie but goodie/ Look here.... No, oopsie wrong sketch for 2 years... we meant this one. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

If you connect the dots, that was great strategic work by LE !!!

LE shifted gears to a different investigative strategy (Per that presser)

JMO

Last edited:

Among the recent evidence related to Odinism the defense said it has received is search warrants signed by judges in Marion County for phone and internet records of at least one unknown person who admitted to killing the girls.

The attorneys said this person provided details about the crime scene that were unknown to the general public at the time.

“Such as the fact that he used knife in way consistent with the manner of death and also claiming that he used gun but never fired it,” Allen’s team wrote.
Yes, who the heck is that guy? He might have made a good candidate for a SODDI defense. A few others come to mind also.

That's the thing I can’t understand. Defense could have skillfully presented a SODDI defense. By choosing the Odinist angle - which rings of satanic panic - and pointing to BH who has a solid alibi, they’ve locked themselves in with a narrative that will be difficult for a jury to digest. It feels very clumsy.

jmo
ed:sp

Last edited:

So, did "Allens team" ever find out who this was ???
If they are going all in on the Odism theory, I would think they would have found this information and questioned this person.

Have they even looked ??
We know they haven't had time to go through all the discovery docs as they are too busy tying up the courts with other BS so HEY,,, it might be in there.
OR-- it might be one of the pages that their client, RA, ate.

If it is so important, they should be on this.
Maybe they are and we haven't heard about it..... Yet
Might be in the next FM # 10 ??? IDK, I lost count
JMO

So, did "Allens team" ever find out who this was ???
If they are going all in on the Odism theory, I would think they would have found this information and questioned this person.

Have they even looked ??
We know they haven't had time to go through all the discovery docs as they are too busy tying up the courts with other BS so HEY,,, it might be in there.
OR-- it might be one of the pages that their client, RA, ate.

If it is so important, they should be on this.
Maybe they are and we haven't heard about it..... Yet
Might be in the next FM # 10 ??? IDK, I lost count
JMO
IMO they say they got a copy of the search warrant so that document would say who got searched. IMO i think the persons name is just unknown to the author of the article.

IMO they say they got a copy of the search warrant so that document would say who got searched. IMO i think the persons name is just unknown to the author of the article.
Oh,, Ok thanks for info

Have they released that info about the search warrant and the name ???

do you have a link to it ?? I must have missed this one.

Reminisce my friend. Sleep on it and wake up with the answer to your own question. ;)

Oh,, Ok thanks for info

Have they released that info about the search warrant and the name ???

do you have a link to it ?? I must have missed this one.
You know what. I have to correct myself! The document actually states an “unknown persons” internet and phone records. So (a guess) could there have been an internet post and they wanted to find out who that was? (ETA like ISP identifying info, I’m not sure the tech term)

You know what. I have to correct myself! The document actually states an “unknown persons” internet and phone records. So (a guess) could there have been an internet post and they wanted to find out who that was? (ETA like ISP identifying info, I’m not sure the tech term)

It doesn't take much for someone to correctly guess that the perp had a gun, in order to herd 2 girls down the hill---but that he never shot it, because of the many hikers in the immediate area. So it makes sense he used another weapon, probably a knife.

You don't have to be the actual killer to figure that out. I think several members here said as much themselves.

It doesn't take much for someone to correctly guess that the perp had a gun, in order to herd 2 girls down the hill---but that he never shot it, because of the many hikers in the immediate area. So it makes sense he used another weapon, probably a knife.

You don't have to be the actual killer to figure that out. I think several members here said as much themselves.
Well, better safe than sorry. I’d rather have law enforcement investigate every single tip to finality in a double homicide of two children.

If you connect the dots, that was great strategic work by LE !!!

LE shifted gears to a different investigative strategy (Per that presser)

JMO

1718167213682.png

Not really a good strategy IMO. Even Abby & Libby's families
were upset over it. :confused: For 2 years that entire community and others was looking for a male who was described as looking like this older sketched dude, and 2 years later the younger sketched one. That could play havoc in this jury trial. MOO.

I still recall discussing the "bulbous" nose, and I had many a man picked out as my suspect. :p

Last edited:
It would absolutely be compelling if a person was to confess to multiple sources and include highly specific crime scene details that were unknown to the public at the time.
I agree. If that is the case, I think jury deliberation will be quick and he will be found guilty. I do not think it will matter to the jury how many other people the defense tries to say are responsible for the crime by spending day after day in court trying to argue someone else did it.

However, if that is not the case, and the confessions do not hold any real unknown details and if there is not any DNA or other forensic evidence, this jury could be in deliberations for a while before reaching a verdict.

It is a public trail. Can anyone actually prove that the only man out there on February 13, 2017, between the hours of 12:30 - 2:30 pm was Richard Allen? I do not know how that can be proven.

Yes that and the fact that one of girls can be heard saying the word 'gun' in some context during the abduction from the bridge. According to the PCA.

jmo

So the Defense continues to draft Frank's motions, the State continues its investigation, bolstering its case, and the Defense is angry there's more discovery? If the State can debunk each line item of each Frank's motion, they will and they should, even if it means re-interviewing witnesses.

It's not the State's fault that the Defense's attempt at a SODDI defense can't swim.

JMO

Thanks for that link. It contains all the dates/receipts for obtaining discovery from the State.

Here is the quote from it regarding the unknown person. If that person was skilled at hiding his identity, they may still be looking for him.

f. Several search warrants signed by Judges in Marion County pertaining to certain internet and phone records, including at least one unknown person who admitted to killing the girls, even providing details unknown to the general public of the crime scene such as the fact that he used a knife in a way consistent with the manner of death and also claiming that he used a gun but never fired it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en