Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #185

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the girls that were leaving as BG arrived stated that she recognized BG from Libby's photo that was released. That IMO is a huge piece of the puzzle. So the way I understand it, this witness saw the photo and stated I saw him. Something such as (we passed him as we were leaving). This witness recognized the photo. She provides the arrival time of BG. Now at trial the state must prove Richard Allen is BG. Which I believe the state will provide with evidence.

However, must include my opinion that I do not think this will go to trial.

Justice is coming Libby and Abby.
Agreed, this one won't go to trial. I think the D has convinced RA to let them work on the case and get as close to trial date as possible before taking a plea deal.

Imo, it's the only way they (D) can come out of all this nonsense with their reputations intact. They will have done all this to get RA into the best possible deal, one that won't require him to take the stand. We've heard that RA keeps confessing. There's no way for them to go into court and get anything but crushed if their client keeps telling others that he's guilty.

They have to take a deal, so they're working every way they know how to make the P's case look shaky before they absolutely have to stop the game and sign on the bottom line.

The girls' families deserve better. It's too bad some attorneys don't agree.

All imo.

Agreed, this one won't go to trial. I think the D has convinced RA to let them work on the case and get as close to trial date as possible before taking a plea deal.

Imo, it's the only way they (D) can come out of all this nonsense with their reputations intact. They will have done all this to get RA into the best possible deal, one that won't require him to take the stand. We've heard that RA keeps confessing. There's no way for them to go into court and get anything but crushed if their client keeps telling others that he's guilty.

They have to take a deal, so they're working every way they know how to make the P's case look shaky before they absolutely have to stop the game and sign on the bottom line.

The girls' families deserve better. It's too bad some attorneys don't agree.

All imo.
Snipped by me for focus:

"I think the D has convinced RA to let them work on the case and get as close to trial date as possible before taking a plea deal."

I would add to what you said, and make sure they get as much money from the taxpayers as they possible can for their trouble, before having RA take a plea. JMO

Snipped by me for focus:

"I think the D has convinced RA to let them work on the case and get as close to trial date as possible before taking a plea deal."

I would add to what you said, and make sure they get as much money from the taxpayers as they possible can for their trouble, before having RA take a plea. JMO

The odds of RA taking a plea deal are slim to none, IMO. He'd waive his right to an appeal and this case is rife with reasons for an appeal to be granted, should he be convicted. So unless they put the death penalty on the table and he's ready to flip on others, no way.

IMO MOO

I’m not a big fan of the cartridge, and the witnesses will get beat up by the defense.

But due to the gag order, we don’t know what else they have.

LE may be sitting on a wealth of other evidence that we have not yet seen, and if they do, I believe it will be enough for a jury to convict Richard Allen.

jmo
I understand and agree because if there is DNA or forensic evidence against Richard Allen, my opinion about this case would change. But why would DNA or forensic evidence against Richard Allen have to be kept secret before trial? The defense is going to be given this discovery even if we are not.

Then there is Richard Allen who says when the right person is found he will be waiting for his apology. Then later he confesses to anyone who will listen.

When the arrest was first made, I thought LE had the right man, even if it did not turn out to be a truck driver like I thought. Then I read the PCA and now I am not so sure, especially if LE is still looking for others who may be involved.

Ok, but wouldn't they test the DNA and other forensic evidence before making an arrest or was this testing done before Richard Allen's arrest? If it was tested and came back that DNA or other forensic evidence matches Richard Allen, why would the state leave that out of the PCA which people describe as flimsy?

Why would they tell the public they are still looking for another person too who could possibly be involved in the crime? Couldn't the defense say it was the "other person" that actually murdered Abigail Williams and Liberty German by using law enforcement's and prosecutor's own words against them in court?
DNA and Fiber testing would have happened after the SW and PCA. The State could not included those results. PCA's are usually written as sparsely as possible, enough to show probable cause, but not more than they need to.

The State hasn't released their case theory and ideas in and around the gag/protective and verbose Motions. The only reason we know mostly what we know today is because of the Defense's ridiculous FM and many Motions and the few selectively worded Motions by the State. (Other than the Unsealing of Original Docs by Judge Gull)

We have no idea of the State's totality of evidence against RA and we won't until trial. Trials should happen in Court not on SM/Podcasters/Twitter (X).

Maybe the State was speaking about any person 'covering for or helping' RA. They didn't specifically say another murderer, they said anyone else involved. That could cover a lot of things other than the actual murder. I think that is why they amended RA's charges a few months ago. IDK

It will be eye opening, IMO, when it all comes out at trial. I think the State's evidence dump is what caused RA's confessions and 'mental' issues.

#Justice4Abby&LibbyAlways

JMO

The odds of RA taking a plea deal are slim to none, IMO. He'd waive his right to an appeal and this case is rife with reasons for an appeal to be granted, should he be convicted. So unless they put the death penalty on the table and he's ready to flip on others, no way.

IMO MOO
RA can't use Ineffective Counsel as an appellate issue by asking and allowing Rozzi and Baldwin back on at the SCOIN.

moo

So agee.
MOO So many bad things happened between the bridge and the CS he just forgot, and used pulling the slide back as intimidation one more time, and a round popped out into the leaf litter, then maybe even got stepped on and became pretty impossible to find.
Also i think he fled before he wanted to. MOO he was going to light a fire but DG yelling on the trail caused him to abandon that plan.

It was said that there were signatures left at the scene.

Maybe the unspent bullet is one of the signatures? Just thinking out loud.

DNA and Fiber testing would have happened after the SW and PCA. The State could not included those results. PCA's are usually written as sparsely as possible, enough to show probable cause, but not more than they need to.

The State hasn't released their case theory and ideas in and around the gag/protective and verbose Motions. The only reason we know mostly what we know today is because of the Defense's ridiculous FM and many Motions and the few selectively worded Motions by the State. (Other than the Unsealing of Original Docs by Judge Gull)

We have no idea of the State's totality of evidence against RA and we won't until trial. Trials should happen in Court not on SM/Podcasters/Twitter (X).

Maybe the State was speaking about any person 'covering for or helping' RA. They didn't specifically say another murderer, they said anyone else involved. That could cover a lot of things other than the actual murder. I think that is why they amended RA's charges a few months ago. IDK

It will be eye opening, IMO, when it all comes out at trial. I think the State's evidence dump is what caused RA's confessions and 'mental' issues.

#Justice4Abby&LibbyAlways

JMO

My thoughts are that LE and the prosecution had a lot more information against RA even when they wrote the PCA. I think they have even more now.
I don’t understand the arguments that there’s no evidence against RA based on the PCA.

Very angry over the defense here. Sending an invoice without proper documentation, that is crazy. All this for what? That is the real question. Time and energy spent on SODDI and MONEY. Huge for me, huge. I keep looking at my notes:

$26,000.00 Investigation Services (once the defense sent in proper documentation. Paid 5-17-24

$360,000.00 Paid to defense as of April 2024 (this was prior to 26K paid out)

$40,000.00 Fundraiser (ended 5-10-24)

Total $427,000.00 (and still counting)

Plus all the documentation and evidence received in the discovery, which cost the state to investigate over six years. Close to 200K

Just another game played by the Defense to make a public Motion (Their spin) 'boo hoo, meanie Judge Gull won't pay us, we're having to pay for things ourselves'. (Reality) It was their problem by not providing the correct documentation in order for the invoice to be paid. You can't just submit a request for payment without detailed information.

In Rozzi and Baldwin's mind, the rules don't apply to them. IMO. I think Rozzi and Baldwin have lost any favor from the public they may have had at one point.

JMO

IMO MOO
Again, respectfully disagree.

RA can't use Ineffective Counsel as an appellate issue by asking and allowing Rozzi and Baldwin back on at the SCOIN.

moo
His counsel isn't at all ineffective, so I highly doubt he'd try to use that for an appeal. His highly qualified attorneys have already filed myriad documents specifically for a possible appeal, so there would be no reason RA would have to rely solely on "ineffective counsel" as his grounds for appeal. There are plenty of other reasons appeals are requested and sometimes granted.

IMO MOO

Right !?!?!?!?
LE released both the photo, a video and the audio and family members have seen and heard them before hand, IIRC
UGH
I need to take a break while the gorilla hands out the tin foil hats LOL
View attachment 510555

Totally off topic, but what app do you use to create AI images like this? (And is it free?)

The long spell silence from the defense team continues.
Have they finally learned some manners? Doubtful.
What is going on?

I heard an attorney the other day speculate that perhaps they are "appealing" (not sure that's the right word) JG's decision not to recuse herself - in essence, petitioning again - so they aren't filing anything else until that avenue has been exhausted? I may have misunderstood, but that's how I interpreted the discussion.

IMO MOO

I am in the "RA" is guilty camp.
I am also in the "other people could be involved" camp.

After so many years, several potential POIs have come and gone. I really, really thought a specific person... actually 2 people, were going to be charged. I was blown away when the arrests never came.

Then, the murmers of an arrest being imminent started emerging in August 2022. Many of us were hopeful, but skeptical.

Since his arrest, we have come to know a small portion of the evidence that tie RA to the crime.

Yes, it's small, but it's powerful.

In his statement to DD, he puts himself at the scene during the time of the crime.

He talked about seeing the group of girls that also saw him while he was arriving and they were departing.

He says he walked out to platform one. The same platform that a woman out for a walk witnessed man wearing bgs clothes.

That woman passed Abby and Libby.

But, RA says he didn't see A&L.

How could that possibly be?

His wife was away with family. She can't provide an alibi for him. He doesn't have one.

A bullet matching his Sig Sauer is found between the girls.

What if the bullet could match 10 other guns,?

Well, what possibility is there that the gun is within Carroll County or even the state of Indiana, or for that matter within the Midwest,? I would bet zero chances.

But let's do a silly thing and lets pretend that 2 other guns/bullets in the state of Indiana are matches.

The 2 other people would also need to have been at the trail that day, at that time, wearing those clothes and carrying their guns. They also would have to be physically able to cross the bridge and most certainly would have no alibi.

Even with this small bit of evidence, it's damning.

There is a gag order. So, we know what we know and will find out in October all of the things that we don't know now.

All of this is my opinion.
Only my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads