Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #186

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“So maybe they want to have the hearing to transfer first, before going to SCOIN?”

You answered yourself :). I believe 100% they have the “goods.” Their priority is to get RA out of prison where he does NOT belong, to give him the opportunity to be closer to his family and counsel and to regain or maintain his mental health after languishing for NO GOOD REASON in a prison for many months longer than he should have been.

Can’t wait to see who is lying, Tobe or JG! We’ll likely see more lying. This case is FULL of lies and subterfuge and not by the defense.

JMHO
A shame they didn’t go to trial then after demanding a speedy one.

Where was their concern for their client when they realized this meant many more months locked away?!

“So maybe they want to have the hearing to transfer first, before going to SCOIN?”

You answered yourself :). I believe 100% they have the “goods.” Their priority is to get RA out of prison where he does NOT belong, to give him the opportunity to be closer to his family and counsel and to regain or maintain his mental health after languishing for NO GOOD REASON in a prison for many months longer than he should have been.

Can’t wait to see who is lying, Tobe or JG! We’ll likely see more lying. This case is FULL of lies and subterfuge and not by the defense.

JMHO
Do you honestly think RA is going to be safer in a local jail than where he is right now?

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>
He could have easily of dressed them himself. Abby weighed next to nothing so Libby would have been the only challenge and he was short but wasn’t a weakling.

MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
He could have easily of dressed them himself. Abby weighed next to nothing so Libby would of been the only challenge and he was short but wasn’t a weakling.

MOO

Maybe. I do think it's a lot harder to dress someone in wet clothing, though.

Not that I think they crossed the creek, but that seems to be what most people think happened.

IMO MOO

He could have easily of dressed them himself. Abby weighed next to nothing so Libby would of been the only challenge and he was short but wasn’t a weakling.

MOO
Libby was found unclothed according to the FM so no redressing there. Abby was dressed in Libby's clothes which were at least 2-3 sizes bigger IMO. Doable no doubt in almost 1 1/2 - 2 hours.

The State never addressed those issues.

moo

And the defense is saying they didn't mislabel it and submitted it exactly as they were supposed to. I believe the defense on this one. They have way more experience than Nick McLeland. They know how to file documents.

IMO MOO
Is there any chance the clerk screwed this one up somehow? I have no idea how these are meant to be filed so I am asking genuinely.

Not that I think they crossed the creek, but that seems to be what most people think happened.

IMO MOO

But a lot easier when you factor in the size of the clothes he dressed Abby in. Libby looks to have been a bigger girl so her clothes would have been 2/3 times bigger.

( I’m not fat shaming Libby just saying she was larger than Abby who looked small and slight for her age)

A shame they didn’t go to trial then after demanding a speedy one.

Where was their concern for their client when they realized this meant many more months locked away?!
Would you have expected them to do so after JG refused to limit time for the state or equal time to defend for RA or to allow an open ended trial? I can understand proceeding with speedy trial when she booked it - did the D have any reason to believe then that it would NOT be extended if necessary? Did they have reason to believe the state could take so much time as to leave them without adequate time to properly defend their client? It doesn’t seem the D was aware of these issues until days before the May start date. I wonder if such issues could be avoided if JG was more clear up front when she booked the matter? Or if she had held any pre trial hearings where things actually got decided??

Do you honestly think RA is going to be safer in a local jail than where he is right now?
At what point is the state obligated to consider the mental well being of an accused (if at all?). So far JG doesn’t seem to have cared about RA at all. It isn’t a good look for her. Are there any laws regarding time limits for how long an accused (not convicted, only asking about an accused here) can be held in solitary before they must be moved or convicted?

The lack of any such time limit may need to be visited by lawmakers if none exist?

The judge scheduling trail dates without holding a hearing, consulting either party and having no idea how many witnesses or exhibits there are is why D lost their speedy trial date and why there will likely be an issue with the October date.
For October, defense asks for 15 days, NM no clue, stunned, so the judge sets 1 month. NM unable to state how many of those days he wants himself. Judge says if defense can’t present this case (that she has no idea what their case is) within this entirely unknown time period, something is wrong with them.

Why is the judge just not giving each side the amount of days they request from her ? Why is she acting like the court costs are coming out of her own pocket ?

The whole issue with trial dates alone would be enough to have me fighting for a new judge. The hard end-date is unbelievable. Why would the goal of a fair trial ever be speeding through as fast as possible.

IMO MOO
I also don’t think they crossed the creek. Not by walking across it anyhow. Some other means? Maybe. The police have said the words DTH were spoken at the end of the bridge and they were found across the creek. Could they have been herded into a vehicle and driven there? Or? I don’t know. I’m interested to learn what the State thinks happened. I wonder if forensics was able to determine if they walked through the creek or not? I recall Le telling us no one has it right on YouTube and have always wondered what they believe happened.

I also don’t think they crossed the creek. Not by walking across it anyhow. Some other means? Maybe. The police have said the words DTH were spoken at the end of the bridge and they were found across the creek. Could they have been herded into a vehicle and driven there? Or? I don’t know. I’m interested to learn what the State thinks happened. I wonder if forensics was able to determine if they walked through the creek or not? I recall Le telling us no one has it right on YouTube and have always wondered what they believe happened.
If we ever get to trial we may find out. MOO

At what point is the state obligated to consider the mental well being of an accused (if at all?). So far JG doesn’t seem to have cared about RA at all. It isn’t a good look for her. Are there any laws regarding time limits for how long an accused (not convicted, only asking about an accused here) can be held in solitary before they must be moved or convicted?

The lack of any such time limit may need to be visited by lawmakers if none exist?
I believe it's because they do in fact care about his mental and physical (his life) health that RA is being kept where he has access to mental health doctors and is being kept separate and safe from other inmates and his own actions to harm himself. I think if he were to be moved to a county jail system, with less personnel and doctors, he'd either be harmed by others or do more harm to himself.

As far as the time limits on where a defendant can be held, the above must always be of the utmost importance. Especially for omeone who has continually confessed and done self harm.

I can hear the uproar if moved and RA is either murdered or commits suicide. Who would be at fault if that happened?

AJMO

The judge scheduling trail dates without holding a hearing, consulting either party and having no idea how many witnesses or exhibits there are is why D lost their speedy trial date and why there will likely be an issue with the October date.
For October, defense asks for 15 days, NM no clue, stunned, so the judge sets 1 month. NM unable to state how many of those days he wants himself. Judge says if defense can’t present this case (that she has no idea what their case is) within this entirely unknown time period, something is wrong with them.

Why is the judge just not giving each side the amount of days they request from her ? Why is she acting like the court costs are coming out of her own pocket ?

The whole issue with trial dates alone would be enough to have me fighting for a new judge. The hard end-date is unbelievable. Why would the goal of a fair trial ever be speeding through as fast as possible.

Well said. Rozzi was right when he told her she doesn't know anything about this case. She doesn't. How could she? She isn't holding hearings! We're seeing in the Karen Read case what happens when you don't hold pre-trial hearings.....lots of idle time for the jury (ETA: and a ridiculously long trial for a hit and run case). She may be right about how much time they'll need for trial, but not if no hearings are held before it!

A hard end date is ludicrous. Unless it's scheduled extra, extra long because of the sequestration, and they end "early." I get they have to do some things differently when the jury is sequestered.

IMO MOO

Last edited:
I believe it's because they do in fact care about his mental and physical (his life) health that RA is being kept where he has access to mental health doctors and is being kept separate and safe from other inmates and his own actions to harm himself. I think if he were to be moved to a county jail system, with less personnel and doctors, he'd either be harmed by others or do more harm to himself.

As far as the time limits on where a defendant can be held, the above must always be of the utmost importance. Especially for omeone who has continually confessed and done self harm.

I can hear the uproar if moved and RA is either murdered or commits suicide. Who would be at fault if that happened?

AJMO
It is a conundrum for sure! He’s where he is to be safe from the other inmates. But the total isolation cannot be good for his mental health. I don’t care how many medical professionals are trying to help him - lack of social contact, lack of normal living environment etc is all going to have a horrible impact on him. That said, some lack of social is his own doing iirc as he declined to see his wife since I don’t remember when (has he seen her since?). Has anyone else tried to visit him? Like pastors or volunteers?

It is a conundrum for sure! He’s where he is to be safe from the other inmates. But the total isolation cannot be good for his mental health. I don’t care how many medical professionals are trying to help him - lack of social contact, lack of normal living environment etc is all going to have a horrible impact on him. That said, some lack of social is his own doing iirc as he declined to see his wife since I don’t remember when (has he seen her since?). Has anyone else tried to visit him? Like pastors or volunteers?
I have no idea about any of his visitors at Wabash.

I do think it's possible, even likely, that they know he won't be safe in Carroll County jail because of who else is involved, who might be in there with him - ie. connections to people on the outside who want to shut RA up permanently, etc. Meaning, my opinion is not that they can't keep him safe because of this crime alone, but because, to quote Doug Carter, all of the "tentacles."

MOO IMO

Considering the charges against him who exactly will want to be friends with a person who sexually abuses children and murders them?!

My understanding is they are universally hated even in Prison as even with criminals there is pecking order and they don’t come any lower than this.

Moooooooo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member