Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #189

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha. I knew it.

That is going to be devastating testimony.

During two hours on the stand, former warden at Westville testified that Allen confessed to him, saying he’d murdered the girls, calling them by name. Prosecution suggests that the situation involves 61 incriminating statements over two months offered by Allen. 3/

There’s no supporting evidence that he was actually the one who clocked in or attended the gym. There’s no discussion with coworkers, video evidence, digital evidence etc. I would never consider this a verified or solid alibi. IMO It is simply a possibility of what happened that day.

MOO
How do you know there was no discussion with co workers, video, etc.?

Depending on the management, they might not have known if he was actually there.

In my personal experience, people clocking each other in and out became so much of a problem that the manager began collecting time cards after lunch and handing them out to the right people at quitting time.

I don't find key fobs to be solid proof, either.

I want to see him on vid in both cases.
BH hasn't been charged with the crime of murdering Abby & Libby. I doubt we'll see anything relating to him at trial.

jmo

DELPHI LATEST: The second motion filed to suppress evidence, has been removed by the defense. The first half of the day we heard testimony regarding the first motion to suppress. So far we have heard from two witnesses.

The state has requested the judge to throw out the motion made by the defense saying that their language is too broad.

The judge says she will take the State’s motion to dismiss under advisement, and allowed testimony, but voiced concerns about the language inside the defense’s motion.
The two witnesses we heard from so far were employees of the DOC while Richard Allen was at the Westville correctional facility. Some of their testimony was contradicting to each other.

We have also learned from the State that Allen has allegedly made 61 statements of guilt over the course of two months to different people at different times. Some of which are items the prosecution wants thrown out.

The warden at the time Allen was incarcerated in Westville testified to what kind of cell he was in, the type of supervision he was under, and shared he had one attempt of self harm while there. He said Allen was tased 2x in their custody for not cooperating with deputies.

The warden said he wanted to limit the amount of inmates who knew that Allen was incarcerated there and only allowed eight inmates to act as suicide companions to monitor Allen while he was in solitary confinement.

The prosecution claims Allen was never interrogated and says his confessions, which were verbal and written, were of his own accord.

Headed back into court to hear a number of witnesses still expected to hit the stand.

DELPHI LATEST: The second motion filed to suppress evidence, has been removed by the defense. The first half of the day we heard testimony regarding the first motion to suppress. So far we have heard from two witnesses.

The state has requested the judge to throw out the motion made by the defense saying that their language is too broad.

The judge says she will take the State’s motion to dismiss under advisement, and allowed testimony, but voiced concerns about the language inside the defense’s motion.
The two witnesses we heard from so far were employees of the DOC while Richard Allen was at the Westville correctional facility. Some of their testimony was contradicting to each other.

We have also learned from the State that Allen has allegedly made 61 statements of guilt over the course of two months to different people at different times. Some of which are items the prosecution wants thrown out.

The warden at the time Allen was incarcerated in Westville testified to what kind of cell he was in, the type of supervision he was under, and shared he had one attempt of self harm while there. He said Allen was tased 2x in their custody for not cooperating with deputies.

The warden said he wanted to limit the amount of inmates who knew that Allen was incarcerated there and only allowed eight inmates to act as suicide companions to monitor Allen while he was in solitary confinement.

The prosecution claims Allen was never interrogated and says his confessions, which were verbal and written, were of his own accord.

Headed back into court to hear a number of witnesses still expected to hit the stand.

While I appreciate she’s trying to get info out fast, it seems like she’s making errors in her reporting and interchanging “state”, “defense” and “prosecution” in some places. Makes it hard to really know what’s going on. The state, for instance, does not have a motion to dismiss filed that I’m aware of.

While I appreciate she’s trying to get info out fast, it seems like she’s making errors in her reporting and interchanging “state”, “defense” and “prosecution” in some places. Makes it hard to really know what’s going on. The state, for instance, does not have a motion to dismiss filed that I’m aware of.
I read it wonky at first too. But the state is asking for the judge to throw out the motion written by the defense because the state says it is too broad. They already wrote this in their response so it’s not new info to us.

So, he called the girls by name. This is not an “earth shattering” revelation. IMO. Everyone in Delphi and anyone following this case knows their names. It appears JG is taking under advisement the P’s attempt to have the D’s motion for dismissal denied, given the D’s assertions that “state actors” may have been involved in these confessions, especially to his family.

The P “suggests” there were 61 admissions. We shall see. JMO
Snipped by me for focus
"...D’s assertions that “state actors” may have been involved in these confessions, especially to his family."

"may have been involved" is not they have proven anyone was involved in RA's confessions to his wife and mother. The D loves throwing out accusations but does nothing to back them up. MO

I wonder why the defense removed their second motion to suppress.
Any thoughts?
This was in regard to the statements made by RA in the interview prior to his arrest- correct?
Probably found something in discovery proving it was done by the book. Ya know once they got around to opening the right file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member