Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #189

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
a: Not the girls specifically. Anyone who would fell in his trap. I think it was a mix of a prepared/fantasy crime with random victims. It is also possible that he saw one of the girls on the trails in that moment and target one of them for some reason/fantasy.

Possible.

Two girls in the wrong place at the wrong time to fulfil a fantasy.
b. sexual/thrilling kill/fulfill a fantasy. There does not need to be rape to be a sexual crime.

Just looking at what I believe we know of the crime scene and how Abby was redressed, I would say that I think Abby was the intended target and it was done by a person who knew Abby but didn’t know Libby as well. I think that it was a targeted crime by people who knew they would be at somewhere at a certain time.

As for motive, using what we know, I have no idea! I’m open-minded to whether the “signatures” were real or a diversion tactic. A murder for murdering sake or some “reason”. Hypothetically I do think it’s possible a person could elevate their crimes from murdering animals to then trying out killing humans.

Only with what we know of the crime scene, I think there should be some evidence of escalation somewhere with the killers. I don’t think a person just wakes up one day and does a stranger murder like this out of the blue.

But I’m aware of the IMO inadequate investigation so I think there may be far more options we just don’t know about because they weren’t looked into properly, so I am open minded and not set by one particular group of people or motive.

All MOO

I'm kind of thinking Libby got in the way and, like you, Abby was the target because he took the time to dress her, made sure she was clean and even made an effort to position her body in a certain way.

But what if it is all an act.

I think Libby was just expected to be there at first (I believe she was catfished into a meeting, not sure if it was anthony_shots or emilyanne) and Abby coming was thought of by the killer as not a problem, he had a gun and she was a very slight girl.

As far as a motive for the meeting...murder, possible filming it to distributed and make money (Dropbox?) but also for the thrill of the act, maybe a longtime fantasy fulfilled. Just pure evil.

I think the possibility of the killer having a tiny bit of a conscience (ISP Carter mentioned in the April 2019 PC) was in allowing Abby to redress. Killer may have felt a tiny regret about Abby. Hardly any though, he still slit her throat:mad:
AJMO

Why do you feel Libby was expected to be there first?

Is it because of the online chat.

So, you believe BG could have been making a snuff movie or carrying out a fantasy - maybe both.

How did you form the idea of a snuff movie?

I still have 2-3 pages to catch up.on.

Has it ever been brought up as to why BG didn't carry out his deed on the same side he first interacted with the girls?

There seem to be dense bush areas along that side as well, but not like the other side, of course.

Also, on that side where he didn't murder them, are there exit points at all for the public or is all private property.

Does anyone know at all?

A. I think both girls were targeted by being there and being female.

B. I think RA was a regular at the trails as he lived close by. IMO he felt comfortable and confident on the trails and bridge. No need to connect via social media. I think the motive was sexual and sadistic. The violence and terror in this crime is up there with the worst IMO. Whoever committed this crime wasn’t worried about taking risks to achieve his fantasy and came prepared to inflict a lot of pain and horror on his victim(s).
I hope they have the right guy locked up and can prove this at trial.
MOO

Last edited:
I still have 2-3 pages to catch up.on.

Has it ever been brought up as to why BG didn't carry out his deed on the same side he first interacted with the girls?

There seem to be dense bush areas along that side as well, but not like the other side, of course.

Also, on that side where he didn't murder them, are there exit points at all for the public or is all private property.

Does anyone know at all?
I don’t think we know, but I believe he saw BB turn around close to the bridge and began to follow her. He passed A&L and made the decision. He kept going for a bit to see who else was on the trails then turned back and by then they were on the bridge.
ETA Map of trails - access through cemetery on this side of creek seems straightforward and some people have posted videos of them walking there from trails. - think one was G Hughes
MOO

Last edited:
I agree. The staging isn't complicated. You can do it in some minutes and he had many time with the victims at the crime scene. I think something/someone scared him when he was putting sticks on them, so he gave up and leave the scene.

Yes.

I would not be surprised if he has attacked teens before. He picked this location as a good spot for an abduction of a school kid. He took the gun to control the victim. It didn't go as planned.

IMO he wanted only one victim not two.

It's a sexually motivated assault. Usually he would have been caught quickly and should have been.

MOO

My controversial opinion.

There is no elaborate staging. One girl was murdered while dressed. He threw some sticks on the bodies as he wanted to make them harder to see. probably he gave up. he threw some clothes in the water to destroy DNA.

The case has no connection to CSAM.

MOO
Agree on not being elaborate staging. If the case isn’t connected to CSAM (and it may not be) - what’s your opinion of the best evidence to connect RA to the murders?

Do you think that he managed to avoid leaving any dna or fingerprints on this tree during this action or do you think it existed but LE failed to collect it ?

All JMO but if the tree had bark or raised/irregular surfaces it would probably not preserve usable latent fingerprints...maybe at best, partial ones. In addition, if the blood on the tree is a victim's blood, it lowers the possibility of obtaining a complete offender profile from any touch DNA that is present as, essentially, the miniscule touch DNA signal can get drowned out by the larger amount of victim DNA. If he cut himself and the blood on the tree is his blood mixed with a victim's, that's still complicated to analyze but more possible than if it's touch DNA alone.

I don’t know what the girls actually say on their video or what happens after the phone goes into the pocket, so I don’t know that the “down the hill” voice is actually BG or what the girls say back to the man. I think that there was more than one person involved, so there’s room for the audio to be someone other than BG, or there may be other people who didn’t appear on the video.

My opinion is that stranger murders of multiple children without sexual assault with complex staging posing in broad daylight all within an hour and the killer possibly videotaped it, is incredibly rare and IMO very unlikely and I think it would be far more likely to be done by a person who knew the girls or Abby personally and perhaps did it for some reason other than random thrill kill or sex. I have a really hard time with the timeline, that all that apparently happened in under an hour with other people all over the trails. (ETA: and I totally forgot my main reason why, which was the redressing of Abby but not Libby)

All MOO
I agree 100%.

About a year ago a 31 year old man did an attempted double murder and rape on trails at a german tourist attraction. One victim survived. this stuff can be super opportunistic.

I remember reading about that. The women were on vacation, excited to see the famous castle with other people around them on a bridge. A man in the crowd told them that he knew of a better viewing spot to see the castle, and so they all went down a trail together. You can’t trust anyone, anywhere.

I'm kind of thinking Libby got in the way and, like you, Abby was the target because he took the time to dress her, made sure she was clean and even made an effort to position her body in a certain way.

But what if it is all an act.
And what if there was a female involved?

I don’t think we know, but I believe he saw BB turn around close to the bridge and began to follow her. He passed A&L and made the decision. He kept going for a bit to see who else was on the trails then turned back and by then they were on the bridge.
ETA Map of trails - access through cemetery on this side of creek seems straightforward and some people have posted videos of them walking there from trails. - think one was G Hughes
MOO
I absolutely agree. From one hand, sometimes I think BG saw her and started to stalk her but then he saw the girls, noticed the girls would go to a more isolated place (bridge) and started to follow them. On another hand, sometimes I think he didn't see her, he simply got of the bridge and hid himself hoping that he could have look at the bridge waiting for someone to pass and therefore use that as a trap.

I think it is probably that he saw BB, started to stalk her but when he saw the girls were going to the bridge, he made the decision the girls will be his victims. He kept going to see if anyone else was on the trails, so it explain how we didn't see BG in the pic of Abby. Then he came back and follow them to the bridge. I think he said something or gave a dirty look to the girls when they met at the first time before the bridge and scared them. That's why in the BG video, the poor Abby said something like "he is right behind me, isn't he?" I think it was Anna who said that in a interview. Or maybe it was Gray, I don't remember.

Last edited:
And what if there was a female involved?

I know some feel there might have been two involved in the girls murders, but I don't.

It's highly unusual, I feel, for most perpetrators to kill with others and especially serial killers or killers that are narcissists.

Mind you, I did read somewhere some years back about the possibility of truckie serial killers working together and how some put in special requests to make trades so that the cargo they wanted was more or less guaranteed.

I actually think the above came from a truckie serial killer inside prison, but as it has been years...

I was looking into highway and particular route murders in the USA when I came across that - there are a lot of murders along the roads and this has been occurring over some decades.

The FBI, I believe, are well aware of it as well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back