Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #190

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Why would she have been hanging upside down?

They can tell from Abby’s Hood she was lying down when killed due to blood pooling.

The hanging upside down was another fabricated lie from the Defense.

MOO
The testimony from the states own expert goes into that discussion, as IMO it is suggested that the blood on her face would have otherwise have defied gravity.

MOO

That's also why so many bad people finally get caught, inconsistencies. I look forward to see DD on the stand and hear about the interview first hand what he remembers. He may have even kept his original notes.
A question about people who are expected to be witnesses in the upcoming trial:

How much (if any) interaction are they likely to have had with co-witnesses? The media? Social media? In regards to this case? How might these interactions affect their recall / testimony?

I am NOT suggesting anyone would make up anything to testify about. I am however, hoping that witnesses like the kids on the trail who saw BG, or DD who met with him etc all spoke with police before talking with eachother / others about what they saw / heard / experienced etc.... This link may help explain my concern: https://pure.hud.ac.uk/ws/portalfil...ngers_of_Co_Witness_Familiarity_pre_proof.pdf

Unfortunately it seems to be difficult to come across any accurate summery of the examination of the state's digital expert.

I guess my problem with trying to read anything into this, is if the phone really was switched on at 4.30am by an unknown person - wouldn't the evidence of that be not only the tower handshake but also the phones own onboard logs?

Like if someone actually turned it off about 2.30pm when the girls were bundled into a waiting car, then switched it back on at the crime scene at 4.30am - those two events are surely logged, and then the investigation looks completely different from the first days.

So my feeling is, we can't simply say "data exchange at 4.30am" = "phone turned on" unless the logs support that idea.

As usual, we'll probably need to wait until trial.

MOO
I think this data would be considered the device log. This isn’t ping or tower data, but rather the time stamp record that 14 messages (sent throughout the night) were received by the phone, all at once, indicating the phone was turned on or taken off airplane mode, etc.

Some manipulation occurred to allow the phone to those receive messages all at once at that time but also not run out of battery overnight. MOO

I think this data would be considered the device log. This isn’t ping or tower data, but rather the time stamp record that 14 messages (sent throughout the night) were received by the phone, all at once, indicating the phone was turned on or taken off airplane mode, etc.

Some manipulation occurred to allow the phone to those receive messages all at once at that time but also not run out of battery overnight. MOO

Or a bad signal because of where they were found and, let’s not forget, the phone could have been saturated with blood and water and found under a body. It picked up a strong signal at one point and all the messages went through at once. IMO

I may be misremembering. I thought there was discussion early on that law enforcement went to stores around the area inquiring about customers who recently purchased knives. It made me think the murder weapon was unique or a very specific type of knife. A box cutter doesn’t really jive with that. That may have just been a rumor though.
I too remember that in the very beginning. When I read “box cutter”recently, it puzzled me.
Does anyone else remember the photo with a fancy handled knife laying front and center on a certain drawing board?

Or a bad signal because of where they were found and, let’s not forget, the phone could have been saturated with blood and water and found under a body. It picked up a strong signal at one point and all the messages went through at once. IMO

This is not a suggestion that I’ve seen made by any expert. I don’t understand the concept of a phone becoming wet or saturated enough to destroy it, then somehow drying out and turning itself on.

I also don’t understand if the phone remains in one place from 2:40 PM (I think was the guess ?) until 4:30 AM, what changes at 4:30am that would suddenly cause it to gain signal that it didn’t have for the 11 hours prior?

IMO to me it seems to be a situation where the most straightforward answer is the most likely.

The expert does goes through explaining the data in their testimony and it was one of the experts that the murder sheet covered on their episode.

MOO

I think it is important to remember that RA did not go talk to any of the investigators or police officers. He met very informally with a fish and game warden---a conservation officer. That guy was not front and center on the case. That was intentional on RA's part, imo.

The conservation officer just jotted down his notes and it seems like he saw this as a local who came forward to help but he didn't really see anything so whatever...

If it had been one of the police officers or investigators the interview would have been more in-depth, once he said he was on the bridge that afternoon. IMO
I actually did wonder how RA came to the attention of DD. EG: did RA call the police and they dispatched DD because they were super busy and didn't have time or maybe was DD canvassing the local businesses and looking for anyone who may have been there, or had knowledge of someone who'd been there???

60 confesses with some having details only the killer would know begs to differ.

IMO
IMO this only begs to differ if he came up with those details entirely on his own without any help (intentional or not) from LE / investigators / anyone in the prison / the courts / disclosure provided by his lawyers etc.

I'd give them far more weight if he could have had NO other way to come up with such details and / or had given these confessions BEFORE he was arrested.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skelyatr
Back