Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #194

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The amount of secrecy in this case is bizzare.
while as a casewatcher I find the closed hearings unsatisfying, I do understand there is sometimes a need for closed hearings. The judge weighs the public's right to know against the accused's right to a fair trial.

Last edited:
while as a casewatcher I find the closed hearings unsatisfying, I do understand there is sometimes a need for closed hearings. The judge weights the public's right to know against the accused's right to a fair trial.
Ok what could possibly have happened that would necessitate any part of today’s hearings being closed to the public or cancelled outright? I’m not a lawyer so genuine question.

Wow! So much for this being about LG and AW or their loved ones. Imagine being family to the kids and being turned away from a proceeding you were probably thinking about for weeks?? This is pretty sad. I feel badly for them! I wonder how they’re holding up?
I prefer to wait and see the WHY of it before deciding if I think the family got snubbed or were treated poorly. The headline is simply that, a headline, meant to grab attention. MOO

I prefer to wait and see the WHY of it before deciding if I think the family got snubbed or were treated poorly. The headline is simply that, a headline, meant to grab attention. MOO
It worked. But still, unless he made a deal or started to sing against others in front of the judge and staff…. Why close it off? I could see that being a reason to close to the public - to allow Le to go collect anyone else they may need to who may be guilty. But aside that????

After TL spoke to the crowd, then

"Indiana State Police officials and others stepped into a room with victim Libby German's family. It is not known what was said behind those closed doors."

So, approx 37 in into the closed hearing is when Tony Liggett came out and announced the open hearing would be cancelled. The article I posted above said that 20 min after TL's announcement, there was a big LE presence at the side of the courthouse and a caravan of police drove away--assuming with RA.

To me that means that the open hearing didn't just become closed, it was cancelled altogether.

With that, the crowd of befuddled reporters, along with podcasters, the public and the victims' families, began to leave.

Indiana State Police officials and others stepped into a room with victim Libby German's family. It is not known what was said behind those closed doors.
Delphi murder suspect's public hearing unexpectedly canceled

Correct, cancelled. Waiting for the press to catch up and tell us why.

Okay, but why much of LE? - We have to wait (as if we were not used to it).
I wonder if we will ever know. If no one but the lawyers, staff and JG were at her closed hearing… it does make you wonder what happened. Maybe RA requested a deal and she sent them to negotiate? Maybe the D dropped evidence against someone else and Le have gone to collect them or some evidence????

Maybe nobody was there from her family or maybe this is a misprint?
I am so suspicious of this entire thing. JG knew she wanted it closed to public days ago per media reports. So what could she have said / heard that would cause her to cancel the second part which was to be public?

I think she maybe sent the parties off to try to work out a plea deal.

Or someone found evidence of something and it got her attention. Maybe Le went off to find / get it or something.

Why only with LG’s family? Why not also AW’s family?????
perhaps AW's family was not present and planning to attend the hearing that day?

Do you have a link that suggests they were present but not included in whatever that closed door meeting was? Because I believe LG's family were spoken to privately to explain to them why the public hearing they came to attend was being cancelled.

perhaps AW's family was not present and planning to attend the hearing that day?

Do you have a link that suggests they were present but not included in whatever that closed door meeting was? Because I believe LG's family were spoken to privately to explain to them why the public hearing they came to attend was being cancelled.
The link I did share stated LG’s family was spoken with. It did not mention AW’s family.

Glad to see RA has decided to start bathing and using basic hygiene again. A good impression with jurors will be needed. Hard to make one of those when smearing your own feces around and refusing to wash. MOO

Being treated like a human being does wonders.

IMO MOO

IF the judge had wanted the hearing closed weeks ago she would have simply had the hearing be a closed one in the first place. It is her courtroom at the end of the day.

Something else happened IMO, to cause her to suddenly at the eleventh hour decide not to move forward. We have no idea. It is possible that the DT moved to have it cancelled. It is possible that the State did. It is possible that something outside either parties control occurred that caused the Judge to decide to cancel.

We won't know until we know.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CapeCodTodd