Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #194

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Due to the timing of the article, I think that's a strong possibility. However, I have to wonder what her expectations were. Did she expect the media to remain silent and not report on it?
Did the gag order cover prospective jurors? Was it explained in the juror questionnaire or cover letter?

Allen County Judge Fran Gull’s order applies to attorneys, law enforcement officials, court personnel, the coroner and the girls’ family members. It bars them “from commenting on this case to the public and to the media, directly or indirectly, by themselves or through any intermediary, in any form, including any social media platforms.”

Anyone violating the order could be charged with contempt of court and face a fine or incarceration, Gull wrote.

Based on @steeltowngirl's post about PA code, probably yes (meaning, Indiana would probably have a similar code). It's probably somewhere in the annals of journalistic ethics that you're to respect court directives about confidentiality, and maybe that's never been breached when it comes to jury questionnaires sent from her court.

JMO IMO MOO
This rule appears to imply privacy for the jurors’ answers, not necessarily the questions.

RULE 10. JUROR SAFETY AND PRIVACY
  1. Jury questionnaires are excluded from public access.
  2. A court may order sensitive information provided by a juror or prospective juror during an individual voir dire or side bar interview excluded from public access.

Did the gag order cover prospective jurors? Was it explained in the juror questionnaire or cover letter?

Allen County Judge Fran Gull’s order applies to attorneys, law enforcement officials, court personnel, the coroner and the girls’ family members. It bars them “from commenting on this case to the public and to the media, directly or indirectly, by themselves or through any intermediary, in any form, including any social media platforms.”

Anyone violating the order could be charged with contempt of court and face a fine or incarceration, Gull wrote.

My opinion only.
The media apparently didn't talk to any jurors, they just reported on the questionnaire. I don't think that falls under a gag order. It's likely their legal experts checked that and the access to records laws.

I have not seen any reporting that there is a cover letter or explanation.

My opinion only.
The media apparently didn't talk to any jurors, they just reported on the questionnaire. I don't think that falls under a gag order. It's likely their legal experts checked that and the access to records laws.

I have not seen any reporting that there is a cover letter or explanation.
The silence is deafening, no? MS silent?? ;) Appears no one wants to touch this! Personally, I can’t help but wonder if the questionnaire is for real, and the P are not amused? Just a feeling. Rozzi appeared relaxed and jovial and no, I don’t think that’s because they are going for a plea deal and RA has resigned himself to his eventual “fate.” Nope, I saw a glimmer of hope in RA’s new look, that other actors may be exposed to the scrutiny they well deserve.

Of course, I could be completely wrong, it’s just my opinion…..as always. Time will tell! :)
ed:sp

Last edited:
The silence is deafening, no? MS silent?? ;) Appears no one wants to touch this! Personally, I can’t help but wonder if the questionnaire is for real, and the P are not amused? Just a feeling. Rozzi appeared relaxed and jovial and no, I don’t think that’s because they are going for a plea deal and RA has resigned himself to his eventual “fate.” Nope, I saw a glimmer of hope in RA’s new look, that others actors may be exposed to the scrutiny they well deserve.

Of course, I could be completely wrong, it’s just my opinion…..as always. Time will tell! :)

Could you please link the pic of RA with his new look and glimmer? IIRC reading nobody noticed his entrance to the courthouse although the rattle of his chains down the hallway could be heard, and neither was he observed leaving amongst the caravan of police vehicles, probably as that was unexpected.

The silence is deafening, no? MS silent?? ;) Appears no one wants to touch this! Personally, I can’t help but wonder if the questionnaire is for real, and the P are not amused? Just a feeling. Rozzi appeared relaxed and jovial and no, I don’t think that’s because they are going for a plea deal and RA has resigned himself to his eventual “fate.” Nope, I saw a glimmer of hope in RA’s new look, that other actors may be exposed to the scrutiny they well deserve.

He did look good getting out of the car. No bullet proof vest that I saw either? Why’s this? Maybe had not got to it yet?

MOO
I wonder if the P found the news article? In this video, he looks pretty serious. The judge looks good, relaxed and appears to be interacting with the LE accompanying her.

Could you please link the pic of RA with his new look and glimmer? IIRC reading nobody noticed his entrance to the courthouse although the rattle of his chains down the hallway could be heard, and neither was he observed leaving amongst the caravan of police vehicles, probably as that was unexpected.
Here it is in a MSM news broadcast:

ETA: pic

Thank you. Gone is the goatee (as in sketch 1) and his hair is closely shaved (contrary to sketch 2). Looks as if the D are getting him ready for trial.

Are you saying his current look is purposeful so that he resembles neither sketch? The sketches are probably not even going to be part of the trial, especially since one of the witnesses' descriptions/sketch was "exaggerated" (ahem) in the PCA. IMO The defense may bring that up, but I doubt the State will.

No matter what he looks like, he looks nothing like either sketch or "BG." Never did. IMO

MOO JMO

I don’t think there’s much information to come from trying to read these tea leaves, as much as we would like otherwise.

JMO
Gone is the goatee (as in sketch 1) and his hair is closely shaved (contrary to sketch 2). Looks as if the D are getting him ready for trial

I feel the same. I try not to make inferences due to who’s crying or why something is canceled, even though it’s tempting.

IMO we only know the tiniest tip of the iceberg when it comes to what’s going on behind the scenes.

If anything I agree that it strikes me as more getting him ready for trial than a plea deal.

It’s easy for me to conjecture “this or that means that or this” but it’s just guesswork so I’m just waiting for concrete information, whenever that is issued.

JMO

Little too little, too late. Wonder who leaked it to WANE? One guess only...actually no guessing involved. MO

Correct. No guessing involved. They said right in the article it was a family member of a WANE employee. So, not the defense team, sad to say ;).

IMO MOO

Or maybe BR was so jovial because the DT had something to do with wanting to leak the names included on that questionnaire? It's not liked they haven't been responsible for leaking anything before. MO

He shaved his beard, that'sabout it. He was driven in a nice SUV though instead of a prison van. There was a short clip from one of the news stations showing him getting out of the vehicle

Correct. No guessing involved. They said right in the article it was a family member of a WANE employee. So, not the defense team, sad to say ;).

IMO MOO
Open question: did the family member of a WANE employee receive the questionnaire from court - as a potential juror themself - or - did the family member (not on juror list) request it from a juror, or from a clerk, or court officer? Maybe even received it without asking. Just showed up in their mail or email.

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtt
Back