Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #194

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It was in the 4 day hearing from the blood spatter expert. He said AW was carried and LG was dragged... was it 7 feet? I heard 70. Either way, he went to an effort to re-locate/re-position them. So why did that final resting place mean so much t

I must have missed that about Abby being carried.

The source that originally claimed 70 feet subsequently corrected that stating it was actually 7 feet from the area of the pools of Libby's blood.

Just my opinion but I believe BG (who I believe is RA) moved Libby closer to Abby to conceal her better and to buy him some time while he got out of there.

I don't think that will be, because a case can't hinge solely on confessions. It has to have supporting evidence.
I would normally agree with that but I think the sheer volume, the recipients and details given by RA in his words...all given freely, not under interrogation...powerful stuff for a jury. MO

Warning graphic: My understanding in regards to the testimony at the hearing is that Abby's blood was found in her hair, soaked on the clothing in the area of her neck and pooled behind her neck area on the ground. This leads me to believe that Abby was injured where she was discovered. Unlike Libby whose blood tells a horrifying story that she was mobile at the time of her injuries.
That was my understanding as well, from MS describing the testimony of the blood expert.

It was the 3 Day Hearings. 70 feet.

Warning GRAPHIC:

According to Cicero's testimony, Abby's throat was cut once so deeply that she was almost decapitated.

Libby fought like heck to run away - she was mobile/moving away and suffered 3 injuries to her throat with the last one being the one that finally stopped her. She was then dragged 70 feet from and through the large pool of blood and the smaller pools, causing the back of her legs etc to become smeared in her own blood as she was dragged back to where Abby laid deceased. At one of the points where her throat was injured, the blood sprayed onto a tree and she apparenty reached out to steady herself. Apparently, the full crime scene photo of the tree 'will go a long way to telling the actual story' rather than the small cropped portion of that photo that displayed the "Non-'Capital F' rune" that formed part of the Franks. Apparenty that tree was "covered in blood".
Was there more than one source that claimed the length of 70 feet? I will concede that to be the truth if that is the case. The source I heard claim 70 feet later stated it was a mistake on their part and that it was actually 7 feet.

Last edited:
I'm of the opinion RA knew the lay of that ground like it was his own. I think he'd been all over those woods, that bottom land, along the creek....probably hunting it, fishing, etc. I don't find it in any way curious that the CS is where it is.

Snipped for focus

I agree!

A sexual attacker abducting the victim from a trail/park area into a nearby secluded wood is a very common fact pattern IMO. The location is selected precisely for this reason.

It's not even necessarily the case he planned to murder. Intention may not have been full formed, things got out of hand, loss of impulse control etc.

IMO

I really hope we get a Clear picture on why he targeted Libby.

Even when you consider he dragged Libby and Carried Abby. He dressed Abby but left Libby nude. He nearly decapitated Libby and she had to literally fight for her life. Abby it seems was unconscious when the fatal wound was inflicted.

He apologized for Killing Abby as well didn’t he in a confession?!

It’s all very strange. IMO MOO

Last edited:
Snipped for focus

I agree!

A sexual attacker abducting the victim from a trail/park area into a nearby secluded wood is a very common fact pattern IMO. The location is selected precisely for this reason.

It's not even necessarily the case he planned to murder. Intention may not have been full formed, things got out of hand, loss of impulse control etc.

IMO
Agree with you MJ, except for planning to murder part.

Then why bring a gun and knife? RA set out that day to do terrible things and poor impulse control does not account for what he did and how he left those girls IMO. That is anger and evil IMO.

JMO

All My Opinion
LE dug up Richard Allen's yard behind his shed. LE was interested in the burn pit. LE was looking for something in particular in those areas. Why, think about it, LE just didn't go out one day and dig. Prior to LE digging up the yard, they would have learned of something that may be found there.

The search warrant even specifically stated for search of outdoor buildings.

This all tells me LE had prior knowledge. Then after the search Richard Allen is arrested.

KAK was not the only person with the password to his dropbox.
bbm
Did LE still think of abduction of one or two girls to an outdoor building (later brought back to the crime scene on RL-land)?

The details that RA gave in his 60+ confessions and dozens more incriminating statements may actually play a much greater role at trial. They may wind up being the whole case. MO
They had enough to arrest RA before he started his "Confession Tour" in April. The confessions, although greatly supporting and implicating info which will help at trial, is not the State's entire Case.

JMO

IMO
The girls had two other escape routes; they could have run on down the path to the houses at the end or they could have run down the road that goes under the bridge. So one would wonder at what point did the girls have a chance to run.

If he did have a gun on them, it's understandable why they didn't flee when he came up on them.

The hill from the end of the bridge looks to be the most difficult so that may have been a good place for them to make a break but why not flee to the house at the end of the road?

Did he just let the girls walk freely in front of him or did he have physical control over one?

The location where the girls were murdered provided a quick getaway for the killer. Although fairly steep, a straight line up the hill would put him in the cemetery and onto the road. He wouldn’t have to pass anyone on the trails to get away.

That particular spot was ideal on two fronts.

1. A secluded area away from the trails that provided privacy for the deeds he would be committing and;

2. A quick getaway without coming face to face with anyone on the trails.

There is no doubt in my mind that the “spot” had been researched, and the whole episode rehearsed and timed on multiple occasions prior to the actual murders. It was predetermined IMO.

I wonder if his phone will show a pattern of visits in close proximity to the day of the murders.

MOO

Last edited:
I wonder if his phone will show a pattern of visits in close proximity to the day of the murders.
MOO
I snipped your comment :)

This is an excellent example of just one little piece of evidence/testimony that, well, for me, is in the realm of stuff I don't even know I don't know :) There will be all sorts of evidence and testimony regarding a whole bunch of stuff my opinion states we haven't even conceived of.....one of my favorite possibilities being....matching shoe prints.

My Opinion Only

The clock is ticking and the judge's inaction is concerning. Signed on 08/01; it's been 25 days and now we wait again.

08/07/2024Order Issued
Defendant appears in person and with Attorneys Bradley Rozzi, Jennifer Auger, and Andrew Baldwin. State by Prosecuting Attorney Nicholas McLeland, Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Stacey Diener, and Deputy Prosecuting Attorney James Luttrull. Hearing held on State's Motion in Limine and State's Motion for Admissibility. Matters taken under advisement.
Judicial Officer: Gull, Frances -SJ
Noticed: McLeland, Nicholas Charles
Noticed: Baldwin, Andrew Joseph
Noticed: Rozzi, Bradley Anthony
Noticed: Luttrull, James David JR
Noticed: Diener, Stacey Lynn
Noticed: Auger, Jennifer Jones
Order Signed: 08/01/2024
It doesn't necessarily mean it's the Judge's inaction, maybe the hearing on this past Friday was part of this? We don't know because we are not privy to what happened.

JMO

Here is the link again because everyone seems to be missing it. The important bit bolded and red by me:

"Excluded from public access" means NO public access to jury questionnaires or their answers (it does not say "just the answers' are excluded - it says the questionnaires are excluded). Thanks WANE lawyers for not being able to find this little bit of legality; is WANE searching for new legal advisors yet? That bit specifically refers to "Jury questionnaires" (!!) in Indiana. :rolleyes: IE: Jury questionnaires are not included for public access.

"Individual voir dire or side bar interview" happens in the courtroom during actual jury selection and juror's responses during those phases may sometimes be kept from the public (ie: excluded from public access) too.
Maybe that is what happened at the Hearing on Friday. Do we know when WANE retracted their story and scrubbed it from the net?

JMO

EBM: Corrected to WANE

Last edited:
Snipped for focus

I agree!

IMO
Highlighted by me for focus.
Your comment made me curious. Have you ever seen any statistics for Two Indiana teens abducted and then murdered in the woods?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sumzoe24
Back