Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #195

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so happy for this massive step forward. Here’s a massive step closer to justice for Libby and Abby.

It shows you how poor RA’s lawyers have been so far that they are sinking their client before getting to trial :D

A shame they were reinstated as he likely stood a better chance without them.

MOO
Why would you be happy about a defendant's lawyers "sinking him before getting to trial"? Excellent chance for a verdict being overturned on appeal. I want the guilty party or parties found guilty by the book, that leaves no doubt about his guilt OR the lawfulness of how everything was obtained, how he was housed, etc. And I want the entire thing to stick once and for all.

Why would you be happy about a defendant's lawyers "sinking him before getting to trial"? Excellent chance for a verdict being overturned on appeal. I want the guilty party or parties found guilty by the book, that leaves no doubt about his guilt OR the lawfulness of how everything was obtained, how he was housed, etc. And I want the entire thing to stick once and for all.

RA wanted these two clowns back so that’s on him. So yes I am happy they are doing such a awful job as it makes the prosecutions job so much easier.

IMO

RBBM

Items seized begin at page 15: https://www.wishtv.com/wp-content/u...3915-FFC47C07-5DAF-414E-9879-66EEBA100263.pdf

Speaking of electronic evidence, they recovered at least 13 cell phones during the search warrant execution a his residence. I'm sure I probably missed one or two in scanning the SW Receipt. And external hard drives, memory cards etc; it is IMO that I believe we'll find out at trial that one of those cell phones was at the crime scene on 13 Februry 2017. I'm also willing to bet that it won't be the one that he reported to the Conservation Officer DD that he was carrying that day. That 'reporting' that took place in a randim grocery store parking lot --- that was no pre-arranged meeting to give a statement IMO (not in a darn parking lot). DD was probably randomly approached by RA that day and whipped out his notebook to take notes - ergo no recording of it. It simply wasn't "an assigned lead" which Dulin has already stated he usually records. IMO, you simply are not interviewing "an assigned lead" in a grocery store parking lot.

Also recovered during the search: "Hair Bands". We've all seen Abby's last tragic photo. In that photo she has her hair pulled back and up. I'm wondering if the hair band she had it tied back with was missing from the crime scene and was potentially recovered at his residence. IMO, could explain why that odd item would be seized, the commentary about "DNA" potentially being found (but NOT, as the Frank's put it, at the crime scene itself!) and the genetic testing.

"Sealed piastic bag containing two magazines, one filled with nine .40 caiiber cartridges and one with eight.40 caiiber cartridges." Ouch! Where's that other boolit?

"Sealed plastic bag containing one Lexar compact flash 68 memory card." I wonder what's on this little treasure?

"Sealed paper bag containing one Winchester Supreme Elite empty ammo box." This is quite a specific ammo. I'm curious if this box matches the ammo. in the magazines and the boolit found at the scene?

Then there's the swabs from the lap belt and shoulder harness....and that little piece of carpet from under the spare tire? I wonder what was under the spare tire?

"Sealed piastic bag containing two magazines, one filled with nine .40 caiiber cartridges and one with eight.40 caiiber cartridges." Ouch! Where's that other boolit?

"Sealed plastic bag containing one Lexar compact flash 68 memory card." I wonder what's on this little treasure?

"Sealed paper bag containing one Winchester Supreme Elite empty ammo box." This is quite a specific ammo. I'm curious if this box matches the ammo. in the magazines and the boolit found at the scene?

Then there's the swabs from the lap belt and shoulder harness....and that little piece of carpet from under the spare tire? I wonder what was under the spare tire?

I haven't been able to find answers to these questions:
how many cartridges does a magazine for his type of gun hold?
How many cartridges did his ammo box hold?

IMO
When the lab tests on the gun and ammo were finished, we saw the reports.
The carpet was lab tested but we haven't seen any results; probably because nothing turned up.
The other items apparently were not sent in for testing = no boxes checked

IMO
The carpet was lab tested but we haven't seen any results; probably because nothing turned up.

IME, the 226 in .40 comes with 12 round magazines, although they also manufacture magazines with capacities of 10 and 15.

IMO

I think this firearm in .40 caliber comes standard with 12 round mags. A 10 round magazine would kind of make sense, but the 12 round wouldn't make a huge difference if buying ammo in a 20 round box, you'd maybe load each mag with 10 rounds....assuming a loaded magazine is inserted in to the firearm, then the slide is racked, that would leave one round in the chamber of the gun, and 9 left in the magazine.

My guess/speculation and it's totally just that, if BG had 9 in the magazine, and one in the chamber, and racked the slide at the CS, then that would result in of course, that one bullet found on the ground at the CS, and the 8 rounds left in the magazine, BECAUSE :) when you rack the slide, one bullet ejects, and then another is chambered. So, 10 rounds, rack slide, 9 left in mag. and one in chamber, ready to go, then at CS, rack slide, one round pops out on to the ground, another chambers in the gun, leaving 8 in the magazine.

Keep in mind, this is all conjecture, and may easily not be fact in this case, but kinda makes sense, to me anyway.

The ammo could have been purchased in different box sizes, but a hunch is, being a self defense ammo, it was purchased in a 20 round box, which would make sense too, as two ten round magazines would be loaded from that one box, (or 10 rounds loaded in to a 12 round magazine) which jives with what is listed as being found on the aforementioned document.

Last edited:
I definitely want to hear his confessions in their all glory. He is definitely the man on the bridge who leads them off the bridge. IMO

But the fact he arrives 15 mins before the girls and is walking at pace I still believe he was in contact with Libby. The question remains how was that set up.

MOO
I agree there was contact with Libby, and I have my theories about that but will have to wait until the trial to see if it has a factor in how he knew the girls would be there or if it doesn't.
JMO

If he left his phone home, why?

If he parked in a rare lot, nose out, why?

If he brought murder weapons, why?

Premeditation?

He passed by a group of juveniles. Didn't abduct/murder them. Why?

If he saw BB, he didn't abduct/murder her. Why?

Was he a man on a (sick) mission?

Locked and loaded -- looks like he left home with a plan...

JMO

That is a possibility.

However, I don't believe that he targeted them prior to seeing them pass by him on the trail on the way to the bridge. I believe any girls/women that he felt like he could control would have been the victim(s) that day. IMO. Sadly it just happened to be Libby and Abby.

Carter said, "We know this is about power to you."

Side note: I am still trying to locate the info that the FBI did not want LE to do that presser in 2019. I am in the process of listening to hours of audio again about the hearings to locate it. If anyone finds it before I do please post it. Thanks.
I will also search for the article IIRC, that said FBI helped profile and support that 2019 presser.

And I may be the odd duck out, but I think Libby & Abby were his targets that day,

Nobody else.

He walked with a purpose, per affidavit, and in MO, on a mission

Page 3 - https://fox59.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/21/2022/11/Probable-Cause-Affidavit-Richard-Allen.pdf
JMO

Last edited:
I will also search for the article IIRC, that said FBI helped profile and support that 2019 presser.

And I may be the odd duck out, but I think Libby & Abby were his targets that day,

Nobody else.

He walked with a purpose, per affidavit, and in MO, on a mission

Page 3 - https://fox59.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/21/2022/11/Probable-Cause-Affidavit-Richard-Allen.pdf
JMO

Yep he arrived and went straight to the bridge. He was a man on a mission and we have heard no reports he lingered anywhere else.

So what are the odds he just happened to arrive moments before the girls prepared with a gun and knifes?

MOO

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the idea that if SODDI, and there is evidence to that fact, then why hasn't SODDI been named and/or arrested? Why hasn't DT, Prosecution, FBI, ISP, or any other authority brought charges against this person?

My opinion on the matter, NODDI.....NO other dude did it :)
Perhaps the person is already in jail.

I believe it's long understood that District Court Judges appointed to preside over a felony cases, let alone an appointed "Special Judge," are responsible to oversee Justice.

That person is completely in charge, completely the gatekeeper for justice for not only the defense but for both parties, in a system where the prosecution represents "the People" including the victims.

And I believe we're all here for Justice for Abby and Libby.

Understandably, the murder of these two young victims also conjures up a lot of emotion. In my experience, emotion can often come with the public wanting-- even demanding, things that sometimes come without any regard to the Statute and/ or ignore the discretion given to the Court.

That said, while I personally think Judge Gull could probably do a better job explaining some of her controversial decisions-- while also educating the public, I can't say I've disagreed with these decisions.

For example, defense lawyers love to call upon the claim that their clients civil rights are being violated whenever they can't sell alternate facts (i.e., a misrepresentation of the facts).

I think we saw this already last October after RA's defense attorneys, amongst other things, issued a press release on behalf of RA, accidentally emailing a discovery log to a third party, made “improper” statements in Motions filed with the Court, and ultimately allowed a photograph from sealed evidence to be leaked to a YT crime host. IMO, Judge Gull had seen enough when she finally addressed RA directly in Court:

“I have great concerns with your representation,” Gull said to Allen during the hearing. “I cannot and will not allow them to represent you. I am sorry this happened to you Mr. Allen.”

IMO, Judge Gall's actions to remove RA's defense team and replace them with two new defenders was clearly in the interest of Justice. A decision not made in a vacuum, and certainly not intended to punish the defendant.

In response, the former defense team wasted no time claiming RA's civil rights were being violated--an action I believe intended to deflect from their own negligence.

In January 2024, RA's defense attorneys were allowed reinstated by a majority decision of the higher Court, however, the Court unanimously denied their request to remove Judge Gull from the case.

In the latest decision by the Court to bar RA from using a third party defense, including making claims in court that the murders were tied to an Odinistic sacrifice, or other alleged suspects, this was denied because after the defense was given 3 days to provide the Nexus, they failed to show some sort of connection between this theory and the actual crime.

Using reason, it follows that there’s good reason the legal threshold is so high for a third party defense.

In other words, what you’re essentially doing is accusing other people of the murder and labeling them as child murderers. Defense attorneys just can't go into Court and say, 'Uh, maybe big foot did it.' Whether or not the defendant likes these guys and thinks this is a clever strategy, allowing it is not in the interest of justice!

Today, it seems to me that instead of looking at their failure here, they've again turned to the table of deflection, and have instead labeled Judge Gall as unfair, biased, or not impartial, for allowing RA's confessions to be admitted at trial while dismissing the SODDI defense. IMO, as a matter of law, the two decisions are not comparable.

Incidentally, the religion that worships Norse and Germanic gods, particularly the chief god Odin, was first brought to court in September 2023, where RA's attorneys filed Motions stating that Odinists killed Abby and Libby. Here, the defense also alleged the prison guards should be viewed as suspects because they were alleged to be Odinists!

You can't make this up. Such repetitive Motions by the Defense that lacked any factual basis has been a complete waste of resources. IMO, I don't think it was any wonder when Judge Gall soon after removed these attorneys from defending RA.

To RA, I say -- be careful what you ask for. MOO

I believe it's long understood that District Court Judges appointed to preside over a felony cases, let alone an appointed "Special Judge," are responsible to oversee Justice.

That person is completely in charge, completely the gatekeeper for justice for not only the defense but for both parties, in a system where the prosecution represents "the People" including the victims.

And I believe we're all here for Justice for Abby and Libby.

Understandably, the murder of these two young victims also conjures up a lot of emotion. In my experience, emotion can often come with the public wanting-- even demanding, things that sometimes come without any regard to the Statute and/ or ignore the discretion given to the Court.

That said, while I personally think Judge Gull could probably do a better job explaining some of her controversial decisions-- while also educating the public, I can't say I've disagreed with these decisions.

For example, defense lawyers love to call upon the claim that their clients civil rights are being violated whenever they can't sell alternate facts (i.e., a misrepresentation of the facts).

I think we saw this already last October after RA's defense attorneys, amongst other things, issued a press release on behalf of RA, accidentally emailing a discovery log to a third party, made “improper” statements in Motions filed with the Court, and ultimately allowed a photograph from sealed evidence to be leaked to a YT crime host. IMO, Judge Gull had seen enough when she finally addressed RA directly in Court:

“I have great concerns with your representation,” Gull said to Allen during the hearing. “I cannot and will not allow them to represent you. I am sorry this happened to you Mr. Allen.”

IMO, Judge Gall's actions to remove RA's defense team and replace them with two new defenders was clearly in the interest of Justice. A decision not made in a vacuum, and certainly not intended to punish the defendant.

In response, the former defense team wasted no time claiming RA's civil rights were being violated--an action I believe intended to deflect from their own negligence.

In January 2024, RA's defense attorneys were allowed reinstated by a majority decision of the higher Court, however, the Court unanimously denied their request to remove Judge Gull from the case.

In the latest decision by the Court to bar RA from using a third party defense, including making claims in court that the murders were tied to an Odinistic sacrifice, or other alleged suspects, this was denied because after the defense was given 3 days to provide the Nexus, they failed to show some sort of connection between this theory and the actual crime.

Using reason, it follows that there’s good reason the legal threshold is so high for a third party defense.

In other words, what you’re essentially doing is accusing other people of the murder and labeling them as child murderers. Defense attorneys just can't go into Court and say, 'Uh, maybe big foot did it.' Whether or not the defendant likes these guys and thinks this is a clever strategy, allowing it is not in the interest of justice!

Today, it seems to me that instead of looking at their failure here, they've again turned to the table of deflection, and have instead labeled Judge Gall as unfair, biased, or not impartial, for allowing RA's confessions to be admitted at trial while dismissing the SODDI defense. IMO, as a matter of law, the two decisions are not comparable.

Incidentally, the religion that worships Norse and Germanic gods, particularly the chief god Odin, was first brought to court in September 2023, where RA's attorneys filed Motions stating that Odinists killed Abby and Libby. Here, the defense also alleged the prison guards should be viewed as suspects because they were alleged to be Odinists!

You can't make this up. Such repetitive Motions by the Defense that lacked any factual basis has been a complete waste of resources. IMO, I don't think it was any wonder when Judge Gall soon after removed these attorneys from defending RA.

RSBM

IMO I don't think it was a very well informed choice. A lot of what RA has done since getting arrested is coloured by a delirious sense of despair, from turning down the attorney provided by the court (a more seasoned criminal would get the public defendant to get basic representation even if you intend to shop around for private). IMO JG's mistake was not holding a public session after the leaks, where at least she'd make sure to state RA's options, that he'd be getting vigorous representation even without B&R.

But I digress: your post was eloquent, making excellent points on some very important facts. I agree.

The fact that one fallible (like all of us) human being can decide that the third party evidence is false, based solely on opinion,

That is not what the ruling was based upon---it was not based 'solely upon her opinion.' It was a based upon the LETTER OF THE LAW. It was based upon the rules of law. The defense did not meet the minimum standard of proof necessary to admit that theory into evidence at trial.

It was not 'one person's opinion' ----it was a complex legal definition which must be met, and it fell short.
and not let a jury of his peers consider it and decide it (like our justice system is supposed to be),

NO, the jury of peers are not meant to decide the legal rulings concerning which evidence meets the legal standards for submission. That is what the courts do, not the jurors. They are not legal experts.
makes me terrified.
No need to be terrified...everything is as it should be. ..

This is not only about this case and this is not just my take on it (myriad attorneys out there agree with me). JMO MOO IMO
Are those myriad ones in agreement ones found on the web or on you-tube?
Furthermore, the fact that geofence data (digital EVIDENCE) is being quashed on the DEFENSE side, and the quasi-science of bullet markings on an unspent round on the STATE side, is also terrifying. When one person has the power to decide the outcome of a trial before it even starts
Again, that is not what is happening....
and not let a jury decide what THEY think is true....there just is no hope for our justice system, in my opinion. At least not in the state of Indiana.

Is this maybe blown a bit out of proportion? Our entire Justice system is terrifying and beyond hope because Odinism is out and his confessions are in?
This is verbiage taken directly from a jury charge, and I have looked at five others and they are very similar. JMO IMO MOO You are the exclusive judges of the facts proved, of the credibility of the witnesses and of the weight to be given to their testimony.
Exactly correct. 'of the 'FACTS' ----not of speculation or rumours....but of facts.
RA's jury has had this power taken away from them before the trial has even started.

JMO MOO IMO
No they haven't had this power taken away from them. They will be weighing the 'evidence' and the witness testimony, of those KNOWN TO HAVE BEEN AT THE CRIME SCENE----but not of those rumoured to maybe have been there...

Last edited:
Not unless there is corroborating evidence to support the confession. Their prime suspect made 60+ confessions and is known to have been on the bridge with the victims----so that other confession is moot.

Not wanting to get in the weeds, but the D did not even produce the witness or make the argument in their written summary in support after the hearing. So why would the Judge take into account arguments that the defence didn't even make?

This is the whole problem with the Franks omnibus and various motions to dismiss - there are lots of things claimed that the D has not produced any evidence for. Then they quietly abandoned those arguments at the hearing ...

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member