Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #195

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
09/04/2024Order Issued
Defendant appears with Attorneys Bradley Rozzi and Jennifer Auger. State appears by Prosecuting Attorney Nicholas McLeland and Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Stacey Diener. Closed status hearing conducted and concluded.
Judicial Officer:
Gull, Frances -SJ
Noticed:
McLeland, Nicholas Charles
Noticed:
Baldwin, Andrew Joseph
Noticed:
Rozzi, Bradley Anthony
Noticed:
Luttrull, James David JR
Noticed:
Diener, Stacey Lynn
Noticed:
Auger, Jennifer Jones
Order Signed

So... they had a hearing today??!!

No, she's just updating the record late.
It's dated today and says he appears.

"Defendant appears with Attorneys Bradley Rozzi and Jennifer Auger. State appears by Prosecuting Attorney Nicholas McLeland and Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Stacey Diener. Closed status hearing conducted and concluded"

It will be interesting to see where the DT goes from here.

Search Warrant stands.
Confessions are in.
SODDI (Odinism Theory) is out.

What’s next?
that whole basket full of eggs DT has been trying to sell has just been scrambled. Now what? I am very curious to see if there is or ever was a plan B. I feel they overplayed plan A to the point where plan B better be a darn good one.

I am so happy for this massive step forward. Here’s a massive step closer to justice for Libby and Abby.

It shows you how poor RA’s lawyers have been so far that they are sinking their client before getting to trial :D

A shame they were reinstated as he likely stood a better chance without them.

MOO

that whole basket full of eggs DT has been trying to sell has just been scrambled. Now what? I am very curious to see if there is or ever was a plan B. I feel they overplayed plan A to the point where plan B better be a darn good one.
I agree. It seems they were hanging their hat on the whole Odinism angle.

They were like a pitbull with a bone as they wouldn’t give up.

TBH I don’t think they have a Plan B.

I guess we shall find out soon enough.

I expect either a continuance to regroup or a change of plea.

MOO

I'd honestly be surprised if they did have a plan B. They have been throwing everything at this wild, pretrial offensive with conspiracies and Odinism and ritual killing, so many motions, for months and months and months, and I have been wondering, since the first Franks dropped and every shoe that's dropped since then - when are they actually devoting time preparing for trial? They can't keep this up forever, at some point, there will be a trial (unless the defendant takes a plea), and are they actually ready? Have they prepared a strategy that they can present in front of a jury?

I know how I feel about RA's guilt or innocence, but that is a completely separate issue to how I feel about his right to a competent defense. He has these defenders who just spent all this time betting on getting the case thrown out on a technicality, or derailed by bamboozling the jury with stories of sacrifices and cult ritual.

And so I wonder, for the sake of the defendant getting a fair trial with competent, vigorous defense - what IS plan B?

MOO

Now that the judge has declared the defendant is not allowed present a defense, how long will the trial last? 2 days?

IMO MOO

Now that the judge has declared the defendant is not allowed present a defense, how long will the trial last? 2 days?

IMO MOO
A good defense always has multiple contingency plans for trial.

If RA's team are worth anything as lawyers, they will have a plan B. They would have known that their first approach was risky and unlikely to make it to the court room, and should have planned an alternative.

MOO

IMO MOO

Don’t blame the judge for them being awful lawyers and not having any proof of what they were claiming. MS said from the get-go they didn't meet the burden of proof needed. So that's their failure, not Judge Gulls.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LarryG
Back