Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #195

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I definitely want to hear his confessions in their all glory. He is definitely the man on the bridge who leads them off the bridge. IMO

But the fact he arrives 15 mins before the girls and is walking at pace I still believe he was in contact with Libby. The question remains how was that set up.

MOO

I definitely want to hear his confessions in their all glory. He is definitely the man on the bridge who leads them off the bridge. IMO

But the fact he arrives 15 mins before the girls and is walking at pace I still believe he was in contact with Libby. The question remains how was that set up.

MOO

Funny thing is, if BB had walked another 50m on to the bridge, she might have been the victim.

This is why i don't think there has to be any linkage.

MOO
I think that could be possible too.

Does a person serve prison/jail time with an Alford Plea?
Good question.
I'm not really sure to be honest. I just remember it being utilized in the WM3 case. The 3 men accepted an Alford Plea. If I am not wrong, I believe it's like agreeing that the prosecution has evidence against you but you are maintaining your innocence.

If I'm wrong please correct me.

Good question.
I'm not really sure to be honest. I just remember it being utilized in the WM3 case. The 3 men accepted an Alford Plea. If I am not wrong, I believe it's like agreeing that the prosecution has evidence against you but you are maintaining your innocence.

If I'm wrong please correct me.
It doesn't apply here, Alford is not an option in Indiana.

I personally don’t think they found any of the clothes he wore that day.

As soon as that Video dropped he would have started to get rid of anything that tied him to the murders. He had over 5 years to make sure he had got rid of anything physical that would have DNA on it. IMO
Didn't his wife state that he still had a blue jacket?

My hope is RA kept the jacket that he wore that day and fibers from it connect that jacket to the crime scene/victims.

Jury will hear alleged confessions

Jackson-Lindsay said the judge’s ruling was a significant win for McLeland.

“That's an advantage for the state. There's no question about it,” Jackson-Lindsay told 13News. “Any prosecutor would love to have a confession on a case, and so while it puts the defense in a position to defend something more, it gives the state an extreme advantage in showing, ‘We know we have the right guy because even the guy told you he's the right guy.’”

The confessions remind me of a previous case which hinged upon some confessions----I recently followed the Nurse Letby murder trial, accused of killing 7 newborn babies. There was a whole lot of circumstantial evidence but it was just so hard for anyone to believe that a 'normal' young nurse would do something like that.

But she did happen to write a journal and also write a lot of notes, which she kept. And she wrote statements like :
[Lucy Letby wrote in her diary] 'I killed them on purpose because I’m not good enough for them and I am a horrible evil person. I don’t deserve Mum and Dad. World is better off without me.’

And many people think that these confessions were what tipped the scales towards Guilt. It was hard to understand why an innocent person, who was being accused of these crimes, would write such confessions and keep them in their desk at home.

And just like in the Delphi case, the defense tried to say she was so stressed out she wrote those 'crazy'confessions because of all the stress and pressure. But 'they were not true' according to the defense team.

Funny thing is, if BB had walked another 50m on to the bridge, she might have been the victim.

This is why i don't think there has to be any linkage.
I agree. I think it's possible that RA noticed BB and went to follow her but then the girls passed him walking towards the bridge and he switched his target. Just a possibility.

MOO
That is a possibility.

However, I don't believe that he targeted them prior to seeing them pass by him on the trail on the way to the bridge. I believe any girls/women that he felt like he could control would have been the victim(s) that day. IMO. Sadly it just happened to be Libby and Abby.

Carter said, "We know this is about power to you."

Side note: I am still trying to locate the info that the FBI did not want LE to do that presser in 2019. I am in the process of listening to hours of audio again about the hearings to locate it. If anyone finds it before I do please post it. Thanks.

Didn't his wife state that he still had a blue jacket?

My hope is RA kept the jacket that he wore that day and fibers from it connect that jacket to the crime scene/victims.
Yes and he did keep his blue jacket; it was taken during the search. Here is a link to the items taken from his property. Note which items are checked for "lab analysis" and which ones are not.

I wonder if all those items were luminol checked and nothing came back; thus eliminating the need to have them lab tested. I'm surprised they didn't check the dirt on the boots.
This is the P's filing:

I highly doubt he only owned one blue jacket in 5 years. So when he was arrested he had a blue jacket it doesn’t mean that’s the one from 5 and a half years ago.

IMO
I think every outdoor jacket I own is older than ten years, one I bought as a teenager, nearly thirty years ago.

It's not like that kind of item is a fast fashion thing that is discarded after a season.

MOO

I highly doubt he only owned one blue jacket in 5 years. So when he was arrested he had a blue jacket it doesn’t mean that’s the one from 5 and a half years ago.

IMO
He stated he was wearing a blue or black Carhartt jacket with a hood. I think he probably knew what color his jackets were; maybe he was wearing the black one and pitched it later.

I’m just noticing how his short little arms look oddly out of proportion, they barely extend beyond his waistline. Look at the arms on this man on the bridge, exactly the same. MOO

View attachment 529076
sniped by me

wow GREAT call-out here. it might be confirmation bias, but even accounting for RA’s weight loss, the width of BG/RA’s hips is dead on imo.

I think every outdoor jacket I own is older than ten years, one I bought as a teenager, nearly thirty years ago.

It's not like that kind of item is a fast fashion thing that is discarded after a season.

MOO

when you have brutally murdered 2 teenagers with a knife and there is a blood everywhere I think one would tend to get rid of the evidence. It was stated by a witness he was in a brown/Beige walking back to the car so it sounds like he had already discarded it.

IMO

Last edited:
Yes and he did keep his blue jacket; it was taken during the search. Here is a link to the items taken from his property. Note which items are checked for "lab analysis" and which ones are not.

I wonder if all those items were luminol checked and nothing came back; thus eliminating the need to have them lab tested. I'm surprised they didn't check the dirt on the boots.
This is the P's filing:
I wonder if it is the exact same jacket worn on Feb 13, 2017. It was a 6 long years before the search warrant. He could have burned that one and gotten a replacement. MO

when you have brutally murdered 2 teenagers with a knife and there is a blood everywhere I think one would tend to get rid of the evidence. It was stated by a witness he was in a brown/Beige walking back to the car so it sounds like he had already discarded.

IMO
He didn't get rid of the gun.

I could watch ID all day and play a drinking game with the boneheaded stuff murderers do.

They keep the weapon, they keep the shoes, they keep the clothing. Sometimes they don't even wash it. They go to Walmart for supplies and use their credit card or loyalty card. They leave the body somewhere that they're associated with. They ask Google every 'how to do murder' question that comes into their heads. They introduce themselves to LE or the family thinking they're being subtle about trawling for information and getting that duper's delight bump.

I think if he had discarded the jacket on the way to the car, it would have been found. There were hundreds of LE and searchers all over those woods. But reversing an item of clothing, or putting an inner layer on the outside to change his appearance? Sure. If for no other reason than to try and appear less disheveled (didn't work).

MOO

MOO
My hubby also has jackets from way back and even duplicate ones never worn. I could see RA, after committing a double murder, burning his clothes and just getting another jacket, same brand/style. Or start wearing a matching one he's had, that's just been hanging in the closet. Always a possibility too. MO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GowBuj
Back