Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #196

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think considering all the confessions and the unspent cartridge found at the crime scene it looks like he might be convicted by a jury if they can figure out how Richard Allen got back to his car after the crime.
Maybe Richard Allen lied the first time when he talked to the conservation officer about leaving at 3:30pm due to being seen by SC while walking on the road at 3:57pm?

Another question I have: At some time shortly after 3:57pm, did the Hoosier Harvest Store video pick up Richard Allen's black 2016 Ford Focus going back past the Hoosier Harvest Store surveillance camera, presumably to travel home?
Snipped by me:
We need more information.

We need to know what exactly is in view via the Hoosier Harvest store's camera?

Is it only pointed in one direction?

If so, which direction?

Is it a motion censored camera?

If so, would it pick up someone walking at a distance?

Did RA stay within the tree line after the crime until he got closer to his car and possibly out of the view of the camera?

Did RA even leave in his car right away?
I ask that because when BB's sketch was released at the 2019 presser, Doug Carter mentioned that they were looking for the driver of a car that was seen at the old CPS/Welfare building from Noon to 5 p.m. on February 14, 2017. The girls' were missing on the 13th and found on the 14th.
Did Carter make a mistake on the date?
Was he actually speaking about the day the girls' went missing on the 13th?
If so, the car they were interested in may have been there until 5 p.m.
If he really was speaking about February 14th, the day the girls' bodies were found, was it RA's car? It wouldn't be the first time a criminal came back to the area of their crime.

I can't wait for trial to learn more information but it is not about me, or any of us, it's ultimately about them (Libby and Abby).

I cannot explain it. I can only speculate that Richard Allen lied because he did not know that the police knew the approximate time of the crime based on Liberty German's video and still picture from the video, which would not be released until the news conference on February 22, 2017.
I don't believe he lied to DD in 2017 for that very reason. RA didn't know what Libby's phone would reveal. Like the Video/Audio of him (Imo) and how the phone's Apple Health data stopped recording movement at 2:32 p.m.

Why did he change the timeframe when questioned in 2022?
To try to place himself out of there before the crime, before BG was recorded on Libby's phone. Imo.

It’s all very quiet considering the trial is less than a month away.
The DPG is probably up all night helping the D with their case since Judge Gull ruled only 3rd party evidence with a true connection to be allowed.

Wouldn’t you love to be a fly on the wall there.

If the defense doesn’t get an Appealate court or SCOIN review of their Motion, which I don’t believe they will, they have a large looming trial ahead of them.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see the D reach out for a Plea deal. I don’t know if the State would agree to one.

Jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018
Back