Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #197

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What's this about? State or Defense wants a "Witness Hearing"?

Response to a Petition Filed
Defendant's Response to State's Motion in Limine Regard Defense Witness Hearing
Filed By:
Allen, Richard M.
File Stamp:

[td]
10/07/2024

[/td]​
I think this most likely has to do with the ongoing discussion about William Tobin as a defense witness...but if that's not the case feel free to correct me.

MOO

That's not how they said it happened.

"We reached out to KA herself, did not get a response. We reached out to RA and did not get a response. This weekend we actually heard from KA's attorney."
3:14 mm

I can't imagine the gall it took to call RA and ask about the rumor. SMH
I can't imagine how someone would even call Richard Allen. Probably by calling one of his attorneys I suppose.

COUNTDOWN: 5 days until trial.

I am ready to move into the trial phase of this case. My thoughts are with the loved ones of Libby and Abby. They've waited so so long for this. May they support one another through what will probably be a very harrowing experience in the name of justice for their girls.
This.

Not concerned about any rumors, only actual evidence. Hearsay means nothing... doesnt matter who supports who, it's none of my business. Only care that there is a fair trial and I most definitely want to know what evidence the state has to present in a court of law. jmo

Justice for Abby & Libby and their families.

You mean "internet cranks" can be correct? LOL!
That being Abby partially seen in the BG video was being talked about as soon as it was released. This was not news to me. Just one more thing the talking heads can bring up right before trial as a conspiracy by LE tampering with the evidence. Abby was a 13 year old child, of course they would edit her out as much as they could, from the clip they thought was best, before they released the video. MO

I can't imagine how someone would even call Richard Allen. Probably by calling one of his attorneys I suppose.
yeah, I agree. I don't think they reached out to him personally, I think they reached out to him via counsel. Which I guess could support the argument made by some that RA's attorneys are the ones who "introduced" KA to the attorney who assisted her pro bono with crafting her statement in response to the rumors.

I have no opinion about how she came to have that lawyer. I have no dog in that fight. The statement is a non issue for me. Bring on the trial

I have no opinion about how she came to have that lawyer. I have no dog in that fight. The statement is a non issue for me. Bring on the trial

Same.

Seven years of mourning, seven years of speculation.

The mourning will never end and for the families there’s never really “closure,” but personally I am ready now to bid farewell to speculation.

Bring on the trial. Bring on the evidence as yet unknown to the public. Bring on the truth.

Bring justice, as much as can be, for Abby, for Libby, for the Williams and German families.

JMO

Additionally, why even bother to address a rumor? Once everyone see KA presence in the courtroom, there’s the answer… she still supports her person, which is her right. moo
KA appearing in court may be in support of RA, or could be to support his mother and other family members. She may still love him, she’s his ‘ride-or-die’: but I’m not convinced that she believes in his innocence.

Her carefully worded recent statement made via her attorney does NOT clearly say “My husband is an innocent man”.

jmo

Actually, he doesn't clearly believe that. He has also said a number of times that he's innocent.
IMO
People keep saying that---"but he also said he was innocent"-----AS IF that hurts the Prosecution case.

But I don't think it does.

Innocent defendants consistently say they are innocent. They rarely, if ever, confess 60+ times to murder.

Guilty defendants almost always insist they are innocent. So saying that he 'also claimed innocence' means next to nothing, IMO.

Once he confessed so many times and to so many different people, his statements of Innocence are meaningless.
JMHO
The response by KA’s attorney is exactly as it should have been, courteous and setting the facts straight. However, I highly doubt he was commending TMS on their desire to find out the truth about the rumor. They were merely doing what a good lawyer/professional does.

Good thing I wasn’t writing that letter, lol! I would have called them out to their faces on being so desperate to take on a rumor by some rando woman in attendance (and now shown to be a liar),

Has it been shown that anyone was a liar? No proof from either side at this point. IMO
which rumor flies in the face of the obvious, that KA has supported her husband the entire two years since his arrest including that hearing. TMS has attended these hearings for goodness sake. They saw that for themselves first hand, did they not!?

They also saw her walk out before the pictures of the actual evidence were shown. Just because a woman stands by her murder defendant husband at the beginning, it does not mean she can't or won't change her mind. We've seen it happen many times.
Yet, they embark on a fishing expedition to engage a woman who clearly stands by her man. Why??
JMHO
Because MAYBE the stressed out woman might have had an emotional outburst in the courthouse parking lot?

Same.

Seven years of mourning, seven years of speculation.

The mourning will never end and for the families there’s never really “closure,” but personally I am ready now to bid farewell to speculation.

Bring on the trial. Bring on the evidence as yet unknown to the public. Bring on the truth.

Bring justice, as much as can be, for Abby, for Libby, for the Williams and German families.

JMO
Same. I kind of wish for a thread that is dedicated to the trial coverage and courtroom info only, without any side drama.

jmo

I don't think they meant 'no comments' allowed---it was 'no drama' allowed. lol
Yeah, I like to comment, lol. I just don't give a flip about youtubers, gossip, etc. Once the trial happens, I just want to know what happens in the courtroom.

I'm not dictating what should happen, just looking for a place where it will be straight courtroom coverage. Maybe twitter?

jmo

Yeah, I like to comment, lol. I just don't give a flip about youtubers, gossip, etc. Once the trial happens, I just want to know what happens in the courtroom.

I'm not dictating what should happen, just looking for a place where it will be straight courtroom coverage. Maybe twitter?

jmo
I think the Mods will open a new thread for TRIAL ----and it can be designated then as only for discussing what is happening in the trial.

When we get closer, we can hit report, and ask for a New Trial thread. It will be in the TRIAL forum.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
n.zajk0wska
Back