• AB was oblivous until the morning of the fire

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • Ab was not involved with Zahra's death but completely involved in disposal

Votes: 19 5.1%
  • AB was soley responsible for what happened to Zahra and her disposal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AB killed Zahra

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • AB was involved in the death and cover up of Zahra.

Votes: 71 18.9%
  • Adam and Elisa were both equally complicit

Votes: 94 25.1%
  • AB contributed to death by negligence; Involved in cover-up *except* for disposal

Votes: 14 3.7%
  • AB contributed to Zahra's death through negligence and was involved in the cover up and disposal

Votes: 138 36.8%
  • Leaning towards AB was in denial- but all depends on what was found in the house.

Votes: 15 4.0%
  • Other: Not sure how AB is involved. Can't condemn him for Zahra's demise, as yet...I need more infor

Votes: 35 9.3%
  • I think AB was involved and so was EB...

Votes: 12 3.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the dumpster is a moot point for fingerprints. How many of you touch a dumpster? I'm picturing me and someone else lifting a mattress into a dumpster, my body might brush up against it, but since I'm holding on to the mattress to dump it, my fingers would not be on the dumpster.

I think the dumpster is a moot point for fingerprints. How many of you touch a dumpster? I'm picturing me and someone else lifting a mattress into a dumpster, my body might brush up against it, but since I'm holding on to the mattress to dump it, my fingers would not be on the dumpster.
True but if said dumpster had one of those lids that have to lifted and thrown back - now there would be fingerprints there I suspect.

It has been quite awhile since I have hauled a twin-sized mattress, but I a pretty sure I didn't do it using a regular car. I think if the mattress was moved anywhere other than close to the house the Tahoe was used. If it was carried to the dumpster, it would have to be done when they were sure no one would see them do it. I think that was in the middle of the night. I just can't see AB not knowing what was going on. jmo

True but if said dumpster had one of those lids that have to lifted and thrown back - now there would be fingerprints there I suspect.

Yes, but it was over a week before they found it, I'm thinking the next garbage pick up, or other's using it might have wiped those away. A bunch of IF'S here.

I don't believe that is the case. The facility is titled as Foothills Regional Landfill. In 2005 this landfill serviced 11 NC counties. In 2006 they filed for a permit to expand the landfill service to 25 NC counties. Don't know if that was approved or not, but it remains, the landfill is regional and not limited to Caldwell County only. See attached:

http://www.wastenotnc.org/swhome/caldwellfactsheetrev.pdf

Bless your cotton socks! :blowkiss:

I don't believe that is the case. The facility is titled as Foothills Regional Landfill. In 2005 this landfill serviced 11 NC counties. In 2006 they filed for a permit to expand the landfill service to 25 NC counties. Don't know if that was approved or not, but it remains, the landfill is regional and not limited to Caldwell County only. See attached:

http://www.wastenotnc.org/swhome/caldwellfactsheetrev.pdf

According to this article authorities seemed to indicate that it did not service Catawba county.

The latest search began Thursday morning at the Foothills Environmental Landfill, on Cheraw Road in Lenoir. Authorities say it receives trash from Burke, Caldwell and McDowell counties.

While Zahra Baker's most recent residence was in Catawba County, her family lived in Caldwell County before moving to Hickory, and her father, Adam, works for a company that owns property in Burke County. At least three searches have been conducted at the Burke County property.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/10/20/1774887/investigators-search-landfill.html

I have been following this case for a while, but haven't posted anything yet. But I have to say that after seeing the interview of AB, I am convinced that he was involved. I don't know to what extent, but I am sure that he was involved in dismemberment at the least. I don't know how somebody can be so calm about their child being killed. If that was me, I would be hysterical. Hopefully LE will be able to determine how long Zahra was deceased. That would tell if AB at least knew about what happened.

thank you and welcome niecee :) So glad you decided to share your thoughts with us. You share the same puzzle that many of us do, if AB is involved, to what extent. It is a source of great debate, and you are right, mostly because we have no approximate time of death and therefore, it is dificult to rule him out or guage his level of lnvolvement.

Hope to read more from you in days to come.

I have been following this case for a while, but haven't posted anything yet. But I have to say that after seeing the interview of AB, I am convinced that he was involved. I don't know to what extent, but I am sure that he was involved in dismemberment at the least. I don't know how somebody can be so calm about their child being killed. If that was me, I would be hysterical. Hopefully LE will be able to determine how long Zahra was deceased. That would tell if AB at least knew about what happened.

Welcome! :)

One thing that has troubled me, is how could someone be involved in dismembering their own child, and not be involved in the child's death? Wouldn't that person have to at least agree to the death, meaning justify it in their own mind? It's just beyond my comprehension. MOO

I want to know the last time AB physically saw Zahra, not just peeked into her room!

Seems no one can say they saw Zahra other than family after that September 25th furniture store sighting. What happened between then and the 911 call on October 9th?? How could AB not see what went on in Zahras' room, especially since so much was removed, the walls, the drain, the mattress...where the heck was AB during this??:banghead:

Justice for Zahra

I want to know the last time AB physically saw Zahra, not just peeked into her room!

Seems no one can say they saw Zahra other than family after that September 25th furniture store sighting. What happened between then and the 911 call on October 9th?? How could AB not see what went on in Zahras' room, especially since so much was removed, the walls, the drain, the mattress...where the heck was AB during this??:banghead:

Justice for Zahra

http://www.wsoctv.com/video/25360091/index.html

Remember when AB said the last time he "100%" "genuinely" saw Zahra "out of bed" was Tuesday?

And then the reporter had to come back to it and correct him to Thursday?

And we all went :waitasec:?

Remember when AB said the last time he "100%" "genuinely" saw Zahra "out of bed" was Tuesday?

"100% genuinely saw her?"

Wow...curious choice of words, no? As apposed to the last time he disingenuously saw her? :waitasec:

or 79% saw her?

sigh. this case MK.

It's gonna be a soup day, I can tell.

Anyone know when the GJ convenes/convened? I thought earlier in the week there was talk that there was to be a GJ convened and DA was assembling evidence to present re Zahra? Am I losing it or did that come up? I haven't heard another word about it.

Welcome! :)

One thing that has troubled me, is how could someone be involved in dismembering their own child, and not be involved in the child's death? Wouldn't that person have to at least agree to the death, meaning justify it in their own mind? It's just beyond my comprehension. MOO

Exactly! :)

It puzzles me exceedingly that people need to (for whatever reason) make this case so complicated. It really is a very simple case in my opinion. Someone/s went too far in their usual beating of Zahra - I don't think they meant to kill Zahra. When some people commit this sort of crime they will often go to extensive lengths to cover it up.

You know, such as dismembering a body, scattering body pieces, digging graves, dumping mattresses, painting over blood splatters, lighting fires then calling 911, writing fake ransom notes, report said child as missing resulting in amber alert, nil confrontation with person in custody and then feign ignorance.

There is one reason and one reason only for people to go to these lengths, they were in on it together and no one can ever see the body of the child, because then we would know what happened.

I really wish there was a place in me that could believe or at least feel he was some what innocent, but there isn't. I've gone through every scenario in my head and at the end of the day, he is always involved in some aspect.

I don't believe EB is fully capable of doing all that was done by herself. I also don't believe someone is that detached from their family/home that they didn't notice a crime scene taking place.

According to AB, both him and EB "slept in" the day Z went "missing". So, if he saw her at 2AM that morning and EB was in bed next to him the entire time (after the fire of course), how did she go about driving around the County disposing of body parts?

It's just such a bizarre story on his end, JMHO.

****MOO****

I think she could have done it alone Look she had 2 husbands living across the street from each other. She obviously was telling lots of lies to AB and she was getting help from her "other" husband to deceive AB into thinking he was her brother this is not a stupid woman IMO I think she is evil and conniving but not too stupid to do this w/o AB's help

Does that "100%" bother anyone else? It's like 'Yes, I saw her, before she was dismembered into many pieces, on Tuesday'. What's with the 100% comment if you weren't thinking of your child as a whole piece? It's creepy. I tend to like to think he is innocent, but he says some very strange things. Or maybe he wanted to say 'I was 100% sure I saw her on Tuesday'. Who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18