Active Search for Evidence taking Place Around Portugese Resort

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are right, us in the U.K are waiting for SY to make arrests in England.

Michelle Clifford ‏@skynewsmichelle 2h
Portuguese police say search for Madeleine McCann will continue through the weekend before a break mon & tues for national holiday #mccann

~~~~~~~

"Pile of Earth Suggests Substantial Excavation at Site"
http://www.itv.com/news/update/2014-06-05/pile-of-earth-suggests-substantial-excavation-at-site/
Police investigating an area of scrubland close to where Madeleine McCann disappeared in 2007 have removed the tent that had protected one "location of interest" yesterday.

A pile of earth suggests substantial excavation there, while today's investigations are focused in another spot a few yards away.

There is no suggestion as to what, if anything, they may have found.

Sky News Reporter:

Michelle Clifford ‏@skynewsmichelle 48s
Police again seem to be marking out search areas within scrubland in Praia Da Luz. #mccann

Michelle Clifford @skynewsmichelle · 17m
Portugese papers carry picture of police looking at sewer pipe on land that has been searched for last few days #mccann

Hmm - are they calling the hole on the scrubland a "sewer pipe"? Maybe it was for rain drainage of some kind.

I just can't pinpoint the source, but I'll keep looking. The area they are searching had sewers etc built as there was supposed to be a hotel developed on the site.

Thanks ThoughtFox for the updates!

Exciting!

I have just removed a page worth of posts. Please stay focused everyone, or TOs will be issued. I'm not going to close the thread, because others want to follow the search and they are staying focused.

This is about the search. It is not for rehashing old discussions. Please keep your comments focused on this search and any info released by MSM/LE.

Thanks,

Salem

Here's the link referring to the planned hotel

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...icers-ask-second-week-scouring-scrubland.html

Scotland Yard detectives working in the Algarve resort have pulled up manhole covers and are analysing the network of pipes below using micro cameras and fibre-optic cables.

The complex sewer system was installed as part of failed plans to build a hotel on the site before Madeleine disappeared in 2007, but after a planning battle it remained wasteland.

Not by a family, but one member of the family who also originally said it was a local not a tourist. If people feel strongly the M's are guilty why do some feel the need to post misinformation? I see it over and over and over. Just the facts ma'am!

I did post A fact of this case if you choose not too believe I guess that is on you! Know need too be rude though!

I have not been following this case closely...

Is Anthony Woodward a viable suspect?

could he hal plead LE to Madeleine? (IPadisms... :doh:)

TIA...:seeya:

ETA... Oops!

"Could he have led LE to Madeleine?...

Does anyone have a photograph of that area taken back then? I would love to see how it looked 7 years ago.

I can't imagine anyone wanting to walk there based on what it looks like now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder why they don't use a remote controlled car/robot/ thingy with a light and camera to navigate through the network of pipes?

I just can't pinpoint the source, but I'll keep looking. The area they are searching had sewers etc built as there was supposed to be a hotel developed on the site.

If there's a network of ready-made holes and someone had discovered easy access, that makes moot the whole discussion about whether there was time to bury evidence or a body. It would only take a couple of minutes to drop an item into that hole and pull the corrugated sheets over it. With dirt over the top, it wouldn't even be an obvious place to look during a search--if indeed this area was searched before. Based on the maps posted upthread, I think this may have been outside the search area.

I have just removed a page worth of posts. Please stay focused everyone, or TOs will be issued. I'm not going to close the thread, because others want to follow the search and they are staying focused.

This is about the search. It is not for rehashing old discussions. Please keep your comments focused on this search and any info released by MSM/LE.

Thanks,

Salem

Sorry. I didn't mean to be chasing down a rabbit hole after a white rabbit that isn't there :p

Here's another link that I found. I don't think it's been posted yet.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...cann-police-fourth-day-praia-da-luz-scrubland

Interesting from that article: Portuguese newspapers reported on Thursday that this site was a disused storage box where children used to play. The shaft, measuring around 150cm x 90cm (5ft x 3ft), was covered by mounds of earth and a corrugated iron sheet, which is thought to have concealed the hole for years.

Here's another link that I found. I don't think it's been posted yet.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...cann-police-fourth-day-praia-da-luz-scrubland

From above article
"More details have emerged about two key search sites that have become the focus of the investigation over the past three days.

One of the sites is a concealed shaft in the ground discovered by detectives beneath a sheet of corrugated iron. Forensic officers wearing protective clothing and face masks examined the site for several hours on Wednesday, erecting a white tent to shield their work from the media.

Portuguese newspapers reported on Thursday that this site was a disused storage box where children used to play. The shaft, measuring around 150cm x 90cm (5ft x 3ft), was covered by mounds of earth and a corrugated iron sheet, which is thought to have concealed the hole for years.

Another key area of interest for detectives was the grave-like hole, where officers used ground-penetrating radar before erecting a white tent and carrying out digging work.

Under the headline "False grave deceives geo-radar", the newspaper Correia da Manhã reported that a site "with characteristics similar to a grave" was discovered but officers later concluded that it was "not compatible with that of a body". "

Lots more info in the article...

I wonder why they don't use a remote controlled car/robot/ thingy with a light and camera to navigate through the network of pipes?

Hi Linda! :seeya:

on post 362 there is a quote reporting cameras are being used to investigate inside the sewer system...

HTH...:seeya:

Are links allowed to the official find Madeline facebook page?

They just posted that the McCann's were asked not to travel to Portugal. It is unclear who exactly asked them not to go.

Could be that their working premise is that someone dropped sth down a manhole, hence they look down there with a camera but don't think they have to explore the whole length of the tunnels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member