Active shooter YouTube HQ in California, 3 April 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
IMO it is completely delusional to truly believe that YT is yanking videos because a YTer does not eat meat.

They really have the time to go hunting for YT ers who like broccoli over a delicious sirloin is just totally disconnected from reality.

Her inane belief in magnificence expertise in things that are not connected to one another is also very manic.

Dad had to know a lot more if a child is angry at X and that parent gets scared enough to call LE is very indicative that dad knows lots about her problems.

I think we are going to find a profound invol inpt admission history

Thus far no employment history is also indicative of profound problems.

The notion that one truly has a belief system that they can support themselves by babbling about not eating meat or stringing some beads together in front of a camera is ..........

At the same time (often is) there is IMO a (manicky) creativeness to some of her stuff.
In some of the stuff I watched ( I quit when it cut to an animal being skinned alive) she was articulate -- IMO another indicator manic stuff. Often bright and creative when manic .

Her website was very childlike in a way.

I would not be surprised if she was inpt for some of the time she was gone.

I am not sure if this accurate but I think she entered in the front door -- it a big building -- and ended up on the other side where the courtyard was.

Knowing now it was random ( I am visual) it sounds like she walked in and was just shooting and walking -- I get a frenzied image -- kinda like in a daze - just walking quickly through .

It also sounds like (male victim) she spent a good deal of time trying to murder the male (more so than the females) might be some stuff there as well.

The suicide in and of itself..........

Who is suspected YouTube shooter Nasim Aghdam?

Aghdam, a 39-year-old Southern California resident, worked for her father’s electrical company and at one time operated a business called Peace Thunder, NBC News reports. She was listed on Facebook as an artist, NBC adds.

Aghdam, who was found dead by law enforcement officials Tuesday, wore glasses and a scarf and carried a “big huge pistol,” according to a YouTube employee who witnessed the incident from a second-floor window.

http://time.com/5226954/youtube-headquarters-shooter-san-bruno/

How rare are female shooters?

The majority of shootings are perpetrated by men, according to a 2014 FBI study of 160 “active shooter incidents” that took place in the U.S. between 2000 and 2013. Women were the shooters in just six of the incidents studied, according to the FBI.

It appears Aghdam was a longtime animal rights activist. Nearly a decade ago, she took part in a demonstration organized by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals at Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton in California to protest the killing of pigs during a military exercise.

News accounts from the time said she carried a plastic sword and wore pants spattered with fake blood. "For me, animal rights equals humans rights," she was quoted as saying.

PETA said Aghdam was not affiliated with the group in recent years. "She appeared at a few demonstrations about 9 years ago, but changed her phone number and dropped out of sight," the animal rights group said in a statement.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...am-was-vegan-who-had-complained-about-n862586

Please leave Twitter rumors and comments on Twitter and FB rumors and comments on FB and do not bring them here. Websleuths does not tolerate "bashing" of anyone's diet choices and I don't think they have any relevance to this shooter's motive. Unless someone can prove that this shooter was acting on behalf of an animal rights' group with the group's knowledge, I think her being vegan is irrelevant to this case.

"I get a frenzied image -- kinda like in a daze."

Many of her videos she acts like she's in a trance or daze.

Nasim Aghdam visited gun range before opening fire on YouTube campus

YouTube shooter Nasim Aghdam went to a gun range in the hours before she shot up the video company’s Silicon Valley headquarters.

Aghdam, 39, left the range and snuck onto YouTube’s San Bruno campus through a parking garage, police chief Ed Barberini said Wednesday morning.

She shot three people, all of whom are expected to survive, with a Smith & Wesson 9mm handgun. Aghdam is believed to have then turned the gun on herself.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ws/National)&utm_content=Yahoo+Search+Results

JMO
I may have heard the news wrong last night but I could have sworn they said something about her being mad at the loss of revenue for her videos that she put on Youtube. Like she may have been mad at loss of funds somehow connected to her videos.

The suspected YouTube shooter was a woman — here’s how rare that is
http://www.businessinsider.de/youtube-shooter-nasim-aghdam-woman-why-thats-rare-2018-4?r=US&IR=T
[...]

A study of US homicides published in 1992 suggests that women, who make up 50.8% of the US population, commit roughly 15% of the homicides in the country. Even when women do kill other people, it's more often a spouse or family member than a stranger. Men, on the other hand, tend to kill strangers and acquaintances when they murder people with guns.

[...]

A pattern of angry and vocal shooters is emerging in the US
Forensic psychiatrist Liza Gold, who teaches psychiatry at Georgetown and edited the book "Gun Violence and Mental Illness," told Business Insider many of the recent shootings that have made news have been perpetrated by angry, grudge-holding individuals with poor coping skills who are acting out. Often, "they broadcast that they're spiraling," before they act, she said.

[...]

Her story follows a simple and worrisome pattern that the US government is starting to notice. In March, the Secret Service compiled a list of all the "mass attacks" that happened in public spaces in 2017. The 28 incidents that made their list last year included shootings in churches, libraries and schools around the country. All were perpetrated by men.

While some of the men had criminal histories, and others had prior problems with mental illnesses, the most common threads among the attackers included warning signs that looked a lot like the ones Aghdam's family was worried about. More than 75% of the 2017 attackers made "concerning communications and/or elicited concern from others prior to carrying out their attacks," the report said.

Aghdam legally purchased and owned the handgun with which she opened fire on a campus patio while workers were eating lunch, according to police.

In social media posts on Wednesday, Mountain View police said that officers spoke to her family twice and at no time did her father or brother "mention anything about potential acts of violence" or the possibility that she would lash out because of the videos.

Throughout a 20-minute conversation with officers, she appeared calm and explained that she had decided to leave her home because of family issues and said nothing about YouTube, police said.

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/yo...im-najafi-aghdam-live-updates-today-4-4-2018/

Aghdam legally purchased and owned the handgun with which she opened fire on a campus patio while workers were eating lunch, according to police.

In social media posts on Wednesday, Mountain View police said that officers spoke to her family twice and at no time did her father or brother "mention anything about potential acts of violence" or the possibility that she would lash out because of the videos.

Throughout a 20-minute conversation with officers, she appeared calm and explained that she had decided to leave her home because of family issues and said nothing about YouTube, police said.

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/yo...im-najafi-aghdam-live-updates-today-4-4-2018/

JMO

The father may not have specifically said she was fixing to cause acts of violence against the company because he had no way to know that but IMO law enforcement maybe should have taken this a little more seriously than they did. The father did call them and they did contact her and found her in the car so they knew there was something going on.

I think they got fooled by her when they interviewed her and then blew it off. The fact the father called them at all was a pretty big sign things were not right and could escalate against the company.

Its hard to know what people are going to do so I dont blame LE for missing this but I also think they were warned by the father in his own way.

I guess she was so caught up in her head that youtube disliked her for whatever reason she never realized that across the board youtube has been messing with the algorithms causing many channels to struggle with viewers and think of changing their content. I saw a video that had small clips of several videos of her's. Her style of videos seems to be one where you have to really be seeking out that type of stuff to sit and watch her, as she seems over the top and at times very awkward.

Hopefully all of the victims pull through. It seems perhaps she wasn't prepared to perpetrate a truly massive shooting as from what it seems she took only a handgun and maybe a single magazine of ammo. I haven't read anything yet that suggested there was a cache of further guns and ammo with her. Of course that remains to be seen.

Any projectile is deadly but certainly your odds of survival are much better with a handgun versus say a rifle. It certainly could have been worse had she carried things out differently but I suspect this was more about taking her own life than a massive shooting.

Regardless it seems like all of the victims are under excellent care. Zero casualties would be pretty amazing in a situation like this.

JMO

The father may not have specifically said she was fixing to cause acts of violence against the company because he had no way to know that but IMO law enforcement maybe should have taken this a little more seriously than they did. The father did call them and they did contact her and found her in the car so they knew there was something going on.

I think they got fooled by her when they interviewed her and then blew it off. The fact the father called them at all was a pretty big sign things were not right and could escalate against the company.

Its hard to know what people are going to do so I dont blame LE for missing this but I also think they were warned by the father in his own way.

I agree with you. I think the father's fears may have been alleviated when the police told the family that they would keep an eye on her. Obviously that didn't happen. IMO

JMO
Making real money on the internet in the way she was making it is a relatively new "thing" and there are probably not the normal regulations or business rules that typical companies have. I suspect youtube can define and change their own rules for the most part and there is probably not a lot a channel owner can do about it unless the "fine print" that they agreed to when they signed up for their channel already covers it .

Things are evolving and unfortunately it will probably take some lawsuits or court decisions to be handed down before rules and regulations get more defined to protect actual channel owners more than they are already protected.

That is the way she should have handled this. Take them to court in a lawsuit if she felt they wronged her. She may have even had a valid case and may have even won her case. Instead she freaked out and started shooting people. Not the way to handle it.

I wonder how many calls a day LE gets about possible issues with people.

A few years ago the boy across the street from me was about 14? He would pretend to go to school but hide in our storage shed and steal things during the day.

He climbed into my daughter's bedroom and stole her underwear, He would physically abuse his four year old half sister and supposeldy sexually abused a ten year old cousin.

His mother used meth. His father had nothing to do with him. The mother and step father had a bitter divorce.

We found out many things later such as the meth use. We reported them to police many times. It has been 25 years , I still watch for his name in the paper or reports of mysterious rapes where he lives, but nothing.

It is really hard to know if someone is going to act out

She complained that the number of views on her videos had declined due to YouTube's policy change regarding user content (which she blames on censorship).

Maybe the number of views had declined because her videos basically sucked.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meadams14
Back