Active shooter YouTube HQ in California, 3 April 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Not sure what it has to do with the woman shooter, because she was not Jewish.
But Jewish people have common genetic thread therefore an ethnicity.

“The Jewish people are one people with a common genetic thread that evolved in the second or third century BC.”
https://nypost.com/2010/06/13/genet...question-are-the-jews-a-people-or-a-religion/

I merely suggested the shooter COULD BE Jewish, which you proved was untrue. I live in NY and the ny post tends to be considered a rag, so I didn’t read your link. However, if I converted to Judaism (which I know quite a few people who have done so) my ethnicity would not change.

I merely suggested the shooter COULD BE Jewish, which you proved was untrue. I live in NY and the ny post tends to be considered a rag, so I didn’t read your link. However, if I converted to Judaism (which I know quite a few people who have done so) my ethnicity would not change.

And your religion isn't going to change your DNA. Even if you convert to Judaism, you are not going to become an ethnic Jew.

"Jews are an ethnoreligious group, meaning that Jewish identity is both ethnic and religious, or for some, only one of the two. In the same way there is both the Native American religion and the Native American ethnicity, and the Hindu religion and the Indian ethnicity, there is the Jewish religion and the Jewish ethnicity."
https://www.quora.com/Is-Jewish-an-ethnicity

Right. I don’t think anyone’s really arguing that with you, bears. Personally, I was suggesting the shooter could have Jewish (ethnic Persian Jew) heritage in her family tree, especially being in California. That isn’t necessarily the same as her being a practitioner of Judaism.

People can be both Jewish *and* Jewish, ya know? Or they can be Jewish *or* Jewish. [emoji6]

Right. I don’t think anyone’s really arguing that with you, bears. Personally, I was suggesting the shooter could have Jewish (ethnic Persian Jew) heritage in her family tree, especially being in California. That isn’t necessarily the same as her belonging to the Jewish religion.

People can be both Jewish *and* Jewish, ya know? Or they can be Jewish *or* Jewish. [emoji6]

Another poster was arguing with me about it lol. I disagree with religion being an ethnicity so I’ll just leave it at that. This post isn’t directed at you, it was just the post I clicked on to respond.

And your religion isn't going to change your DNA. Even if you convert to Judaism, you are not going to become an ethnic Jew.

"Jews are an ethnoreligious group, meaning that Jewish identity is both ethnic and religious, or for some, only one of the two. In the same way there is both the Native American religion and the Native American ethnicity, and the Hindu religion and the Indian ethnicity, there is the Jewish religion and the Jewish ethnicity."
https://www.quora.com/Is-Jewish-an-ethnicity

This link shows a picture of Sasha baron Cohen portraying borat, giving the thumbs up. Quora and NY post aren’t the most reliable journalistic sources JMO. Less condescending and argumentative posts tend to better engage people, at least for me. I am far more interested in hearing another point of view when it isn’t a condescending attack from the get go. Anyway, this has gone incredibly off topic.

This link shows a picture of Sasha baron Cohen portraying borat, giving the thumbs up. Quora and NY post aren’t the most reliable journalistic sources JMO. Less condescending and argumentative posts tend to better engage people, at least for me. I am far more interested in hearing another point of view when it isn’t a condescending attack from the get go. Anyway, this has gone incredibly off topic.

Do you believe in ancestry DNA testing? You changing your religion isn't going to make you an Ethnic Jew. But some people are, whether they are religious or not.

"The European Jewish region is not geographically defined in the same way as most other ethnic regions. The historic dispersal of the Jewish population from its origin in the Levant on the east coast of the Mediterranean resulted in insular communities scattered throughout Europe, North Africa, Central Asia and the Middle East. Although some Jewish communities enjoyed positions of relative peace and prosperity, many more were segregated from mainstream society by law, custom and prejudice, experiencing sustained persecution and discrimination. Jewish populations from northern and eastern Europe are often known as “Ashkenazi.” “Sephardic” refers to Jews who were expelled from Spain during the Inquisition and mostly settled in North Africa and southeastern Europe."
https://www.ancestry.com/dna/ethnicity/european-jewish

I try to tell my best friend all the time that Judaism is her religion. She, along with many others I know, do not seem to grasp that.

She seems to be like the Sikh man I knew. Like Jews, they are ethnic group with a religion closely linked to their ethnicity. He described his religion as "sikh" when that is technically his ethnic group. The religion is sikhism.

Im not sure why the talk about religion. Just from the videos I’ve seen of this person she’s obviously quite delusional..... e.g. that odd “dancing” ? And paranoia on top of it. I guess she had no one, no family to help her. What a tragedy.

Im not sure why the talk about religion. Just from the videos I’ve seen of this person she’s obviously quite delusional..... e.g. that odd “dancing” ? And paranoia on top of it. I guess she had no one, no family to help her. What a tragedy.

Sorry, someone asked about the stars of David in one of her videos and I suggested she could possibly be Jewish, and then it spiraled from there. I agree it’s off topic.

Very tragic situation.

Sorry, someone asked about the stars of David in one of her videos and I suggested she could possibly be Jewish, and then it spiraled from there. I agree it’s off topic.

Very tragic situation.

Hey, no problem, I just came in late to the thread and didn’t know where it was coming from. :).

Here’s more about it. It’s interesting, imo!

“The Bahá'í Faith (/bəˈhɑːiː, -ˈhaɪ/; Persian: بهائی‎ Bahā'i) is a religion teaching the essential worth of all religions, and the unity and equality of all people.[1]

“Established by Bahá'u'lláh in 1863, it initially grew in Iran (Persia) and other parts of the Middle East region, where it has faced ongoing persecution since its inception.[2] Currently it has between 5 and 7 million adherents, known as Bahá'ís, spread out into most of the world's countries and territories.”

Source: Wikipedia

https://www.google.com/search?q=bah...j0j4&hl=en-US&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8
My only, very limited, experience with that faith was a few years ago. I forget exactly how it started... I think the neighbors told us, but anyway I took my stepson and his little friends to a children's group ran by the local group of that faith. Very nice experience and people and the lessons were mainly pretty universal morals type stuff, so my atheist, anti-organized-religion heathen self took him more than once during that summer then we moved.

My only, very limited, experience with that faith was a few years ago. I forget exactly how it started... I think the neighbors told us, but anyway I took my stepson and his little friends to a children's group ran by the local group of that faith. Very nice experience and people and the lessons were mainly pretty universal morals type stuff, so my atheist, anti-organized-religion heathen self took him more than once during that summer then we moved.

Rainn Wilson (Dwight on the Office) is Ba'hai.

“Critics have blamed the shooting at YouTube's sprawling HQ in San Bruno, California, on lax security and the technology industry's apparent obsession with giving employees a trendy work environment and good benefits over safety.

On Tuesday, Nasim Aghdam injured three of the company's employees then killed herself with a handgun after seemingly walking onto its 200,000 sq ft campus.

Her exact movements remain unclear but she was able to gain access to an outdoor courtyard space through a parking garage.

She then opened fire in an area filled with picnic tables where the staff had gathered for a lunchtime party.”

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-security-trendy-campus-HQ.html#ixzz5BlXn1kQG

I know that it is virtually impossible to prevent all shootings due to how quickly they can start but I hope YouTube does take extra measures to protect its employees.

I wish more could be done to prevent attacks by people who seem to be mentally disturbed. I’ve seen it too many times that the warning signs were there in disturbing videos and social media after the attack has happened.

“Critics have blamed the shooting at YouTube's sprawling HQ in San Bruno, California, on lax security and the technology industry's apparent obsession with giving employees a trendy work environment and good benefits over safety.

On Tuesday, Nasim Aghdam injured three of the company's employees then killed herself with a handgun after seemingly walking onto its 200,000 sq ft campus.

Her exact movements remain unclear but she was able to gain access to an outdoor courtyard space through a parking garage.

She then opened fire in an area filled with picnic tables where the staff had gathered for a lunchtime party.”

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-security-trendy-campus-HQ.html#ixzz5BlXn1kQG

I know that it is virtually impossible to prevent all shootings due to how quickly they can start but I hope YouTube does take extra measures to protect its employees.

I wish more could be done to prevent attacks by people who seem to be mentally disturbed. I’ve seen it too many times that the warning signs were there in disturbing videos and social media after the attack has happened.
Agree about taking warning signs seriously but I don‘t think youtube is the one to criticize here. What‘s next? Airport-like security checks in office buildings? Wearing ballistic body armor at work or sitting in bulletproof glass cubes? And even if all schools, churches and office buildings are secured, it’s not going to prevent people with weapons who are out to kill to cause damage.

However ,I think her issues were above the crotch - where neurotransmitters hang out !!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back