Active shooter YouTube HQ in California, 3 April 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She complained that the number of views on her videos had declined due to YouTube's policy change regarding user content (which she blames on censorship).

Maybe the number of views had declined because her videos basically sucked.

I have to admit that I have no clue why some videos go viral and others do not. For instance, the boy who rates toys makes a fortune. I do not have the link,

I have to admit that I have no clue why some videos go viral and others do not. For instance, the boy who rates toys makes a fortune. I do not have the link,
You are probably thinking of EvanTube, the young boy who unboxes toys and shows off items for the camera. I don't think any explanation is needed why this is an advertiser's dream and rakes in a boatload of cash.

However, my main gripe with it (yes, my son had a phase with his videos; I've watched several) is that 1) it's overly materialistic garbage, amassing a huge collection of toys to spoil your child with. Kids shouldn't be showered in toys for a plethora of reasons, which I won't even get into. 2) the "reviews" aren't even critical in any way - it's just like one big ad with the same reaction every time...Wow, cool, great, awesome!

It's just one big terrible infomercial, IMO.

Is there an explanation for the Star of David background?

Maybe she’s Jewish... I have a large Jewish/Persian community in my area and I believe some areas of CA do as well. Just a thought, I haven’t seen anything in MSM regarding her religion.

Maybe she’s Jewish... I have a large Jewish/Persian community in my area and I believe some areas of CA do as well. Just a thought, I haven’t seen anything in MSM regarding her religion.

I would wager a guess, based on her name and looks, that she is much more likely Muslim than Jewish. I have not seen any confirmation of any religious views in the media either, though. I did not realize there were Iranian/Persian Jews (I have read she might be originally from Iran), but indeed there are, so maybe you are right.

I would wager a guess, based on her name and looks, that she is much more likely Muslim than Jewish. I have not seen any confirmation of any religious views in the media either, though. I did not realize there were Iranian/Persian Jews (I have read she might be originally from Iran), but indeed there are, so maybe you are right.

The Persian Jews I know have very Iranian sounding names, which I am sure leads many people assume they are Muslim. It could go either way IME

She complained that the number of views on her videos had declined due to YouTube's policy change regarding user content (which she blames on censorship).

Maybe the number of views had declined because her videos basically sucked.

Ahhhhhh, yes. All of this, sorrell skye! Thank you for saying it.

Just jumping off your post, bears!

Jewish people are an ethnicity, an ethnoreligious group, a nation. Genetic, often tied to geographic origin. They can also practice Judaism, a religion.

Persian Jews generally have roots spanning back to the Persian Empire. Many do now live in Israel and west coast U.S., LA, Beverly Hills and along the eastern coast in Jersey.

Off on a tangent. This fascinates me. My stepfather recently learned he’s Ashkenazi Jew, genetically speaking. Learned it through DNA testing. He spent most of his life not knowing who his “real” father was and hearing family rumors. After the DNA test, we were able to find other close relatives who had tested theirs. Getting close! He’s in his 70s, and a large portion of his family is gone. It would be great if someday soon he could meet what might be half-siblings and close cousins!!

Thanks... I haven’t heard of that faith before now.

Here’s more about it. It’s interesting, imo!

“The Bahá'í Faith (/bəˈhɑːiː, -ˈhaɪ/; Persian: بهائی‎ Bahā'i) is a religion teaching the essential worth of all religions, and the unity and equality of all people.[1]

“Established by Bahá'u'lláh in 1863, it initially grew in Iran (Persia) and other parts of the Middle East region, where it has faced ongoing persecution since its inception.[2] Currently it has between 5 and 7 million adherents, known as Bahá'ís, spread out into most of the world's countries and territories.”

Source: Wikipedia

https://www.google.com/search?q=bah...j0j4&hl=en-US&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Just jumping in, haven't caught up at all, this post lands at random, etc.

Basically, here's what I learned at the training today (presentation given, regarded active shooter situations, by a nurse/las vegas concert attendee).
*You'll likely react in one of three ways--run, hide, and/or fight. No judgement. It is what it is.
*But yeah, if you have any sound mind, try to run, get concealed if or when you can't run, know what's actually concealing versus covering you.
*Cell towers may get intentionally cut off by law enforcement on account of bombs can be triggered by cell phone.
*Tournequets are, to put it glibly, "back in fashion." Seriously, though, they used to teach them, then they didn't, now they totally do, so if you, goodness forbid, need to help someone with a gushing extremity wound, strap a tournequet on there super tight--if they complain loudly then you're doing it right, then blot the excess liquidy blood real quick, shove gauze or whatever you've got, in the wound, really pack that crap in there--again, victim will likely yell at you if they can but you have to just do it. Then press on that horrid mess until the end of time or when EMTs tell you to stop.
*It's all very scary. They sell the cool easy to use tournequets we are using online now, per the woman sitting next to me's tablet.

The rest of the day was about opiates, fentanyl and their possible, terrifying, potential as weapons of mass destruction. Doom and gloom day at work today.

Basically, here's what I learned at the training today (presentation given, regarded active shooter situations, by a nurse/las vegas concert attendee).
*You'll likely react in one of three ways--run, hide, and/or fight. No judgement. It is what it is.
*But yeah, if you have any sound mind, try to run, get concealed if or when you can't run, know what's actually concealing versus covering you.
*Cell towers may get intentionally cut off by law enforcement on account of bombs can be triggered by cell phone.
*Tournequets are, to put it glibly, "back in fashion." Seriously, though, they used to teach them, then they didn't, now they totally do, so if you, goodness forbid, need to help someone with a gushing extremity wound, strap a tournequet on there super tight--if they complain loudly then you're doing it right, then blot the excess liquidy blood real quick, shove gauze or whatever you've got, in the wound, really pack that crap in there--again, victim will likely yell at you if they can but you have to just do it. Then press on that horrid mess until the end of time or when EMTs tell you to stop.
*It's all very scary. They sell the cool easy to use tournequets we are using online now, per the woman sitting next to me's tablet.

The rest of the day was about opiates, fentanyl and their possible, terrifying, potential as weapons of mass destruction. Doom and gloom day at work today.

Goodness, flourish! [emoji15]☹️ That’s gotta be intense and exhausting.

Just jumping off your post, bears!

Jewish people are an ethnicity, an ethnoreligious group, a nation. Genetic, often tied to geographic origin. They can also practice Judaism, a religion.

Persian Jews generally have roots spanning back to the Persian Empire. Many do now live in Israel and west coast U.S., LA, Beverly Hills and along the eastern coast in Jersey.

Off on a tangent. This fascinates me. My stepfather recently learned he’s Ashkenazi Jew, genetically speaking. Learned it through DNA testing. He spent most of his life not knowing who his “real” father was and hearing family rumors. After the DNA test, we were able to find other close relatives who had tested theirs. Getting close! He’s in his 70s, and a large portion of his family is gone. It would be great if someday soon he could meet what might be half-siblings and close cousins!!

Yes thank you, I am aware Judaism is a religion and not an ethnicity. I grew up in a very Jewish area in NJ. However if you ask many of my Jewish friends what ethnicity they are, they say Jewish. I try to tell my best friend all the time that Judaism is her religion. She, along with many others I know, do not seem to grasp that. I am very, very familiar with the Jewish culture. Thanks though.

Someone should have told her the old Hollywood line of advice, “don’t give up your day job”

It's the new American Dream to be an Internet/Youtube star. Lots of people make an income doing it and it's not always based on talent. brave new world.
ETA: I agree always good advice keep your day job, or have a backup plan.

Seems like your day was filled with sunshine and butterflies! On a side note, I’m glad they incorporated opioid overdose into the presentation, considering how widespread opioid addiction is in our country (or at least in my area). You deserve a long hot bubble bath tonight haha.

Here’s more about it. It’s interesting, imo!

“The Bahá'í Faith (/bəˈhɑːiː, -ˈhaɪ/; Persian: بهائی‎ Bahā'i) is a religion teaching the essential worth of all religions, and the unity and equality of all people.[1]

“Established by Bahá'u'lláh in 1863, it initially grew in Iran (Persia) and other parts of the Middle East region, where it has faced ongoing persecution since its inception.[2] Currently it has between 5 and 7 million adherents, known as Bahá'ís, spread out into most of the world's countries and territories.”

Source: Wikipedia

https://www.google.com/search?q=bah...j0j4&hl=en-US&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Thank you for sharing, this is an interesting topic for me since I am completely unfamiliar with this faith.

Yes thank you, I am aware Judaism is a religion and not an ethnicity. I grew up in a very Jewish area in NJ. However if you ask many of my Jewish friends what ethnicity they are, they say Jewish. I try to tell my best friend all the time that Judaism is her religion. She, along with many others I know, do not seem to grasp that. I am very, very familiar with the Jewish culture. Thanks though.

Oh, I was jumping off your post! Like I said, it’s something that interests me.

No intention to correct or condescend, was just adding information. Apologies if it came across as short or rude. ❤️ Someone can be of Jewish descent/heritage and not be of Jewish faith is what I was trying to say.

Not sure what it has to do with the woman shooter, because she was not Jewish.
But Jewish people have common genetic thread therefore an ethnicity.

“The Jewish people are one people with a common genetic thread that evolved in the second or third century BC.”
https://nypost.com/2010/06/13/genet...question-are-the-jews-a-people-or-a-religion/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back