Actor Danny Masterson, of 'That 70s Show' charged with raping multiple women *Mistrial 2022* *Retrial 2023 Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The case hasn’t been given to the jury yet. Someone mistakenly tagged the title of this thread.It
The case hasn’t been given to the jury yet. Someone mistakenly tagged the title of this thread.
It had been given to the jury, who after several days of deliberation told the judge they were hopelessly deadlocked. The judge instructed them to come back today after having last week off. Two of the jurors and an alternate tested positive for covid. The judge picked two alternates and told the jury to start over.

Mistrial declared! Judge Olmedo: A note from the jury, "After thorough discussions we are adamant our independent positions and we are unable to reach unanimous verdicts on each of the three counts. We have voted multiple times on each. We are not even close to coming to unanimous decisions and we are convinced this will not change."

Count 1: 2 for guilty, 10 for not guilty

Count 2: 4 for guilty, 8 for not guilty

Count 3: 5 for guilty, 7 for not guilty

Retrial is set for March 27

Mistrial declared! Judge Olmedo: A note from the jury, "After thorough discussions we are adamant our independent positions and we are unable to reach unanimous verdicts on each of the three counts. We have voted multiple times on each. We are not even close to coming to unanimous decisions and we are convinced this will not change."

Count 1: 2 for guilty, 10 for not guilty

Count 2: 4 for guilty, 8 for not guilty

Count 3: 5 for guilty, 7 for not guilty

Retrial is set for March 27
A retrial??? Those poor victims, I cannot even imagine..

I didn't get to see any of this trial but I may try to catch the next one. He wasn't a favorite character on a show that wasn't in my top 15, but I did watch it occasionally. I never knew Scientology had grown so in the last few years. Count three was within two votes of being unanimous, the other two had a pretty deep divide. Might do well to just pursue each case separately.

Danny Masterson is due in a downtown Los Angeles courtroom Tuesday to learn if prosecutors will seek a second trial, six weeks after jurors deadlocked on three rape charges filed against the actor.

Masterson, 46, is charged with three counts of forcible rape involving three women at his Hollywood Hills home between 2001 and 2003. At the time of the alleged crimes, he’d risen to fame playing Steven Hyde on That ’70s Show, from 1998 to 2006.

Prosecutors announced on Tuesday that they will pursue a second trial against Danny Masterson, after a jury deadlocked on three rape charges at the actor’s first trial in November.

Judge Charlaine Olmedo denied a defense request to dismiss the case. She set date of March 29 for jury selection.

Jury Foreman speaks.
Bless Tony Ortega and his mind for detail. Discussion and understanding of $cientology is necessary in these cases, the jury deserves to hear the controlling mindset these victims go through. I wish we could put Leah Remini on the stand as a character witness for $cientology. Could you imagine…

This post lands randomly.

Sadly, Lisa Marie Presley passed away. Wasn't she preparing to speak against the cult during the trial? I hope the cult wasn't "fair-gaming" her or her family to prevent her from testifying. Being stalked and harassed is incredibly stressful (ask Mike Rinder). Lisa was under extreme pressure from the cult and had tried to leave previously. I was hoping Lisa would be able to free herself by telling the full truth about $cientology at trial.

IMHO I truly believe that the cult forces their members to create false "confessions" and record them for blackmail. The cult literally won't let a member leave the room until their interrogator is satisfied with their confessions, and many members end up lying and creating fake stories just to get the interrogation over with. Like a prisoner of war.

Just sad news, that's all.

Is everybody here for this? I know I am following Stauch, Vallow, & West but we can't let this case be forgotten!

Actor Danny Mastersondrugged then raped three women at his Hollywood-area home between 2001 and 2003, a prosecutor told jurors Monday in his opening statement in the retrial of the star of “That ’70s Show.”

Actor Danny Mastersondrugged then raped three women at his Hollywood-area home between 2001 and 2003, a prosecutor told jurors Monday in his opening statement in the retrial of the star of “That ’70s Show.”
Danny seems to have developed a pattern of sexual assault. This makes me lean towards finding these accusations credible.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulani03
Back