Actor Danny Masterson, of 'That 70s Show' charged with raping multiple women *Mistrial 2022* *Retrial 2023 Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder what must be going through his mind? Is this his first night to be incarcerated? Any ideas on where he'll do his time? I wonder if his 'church' will try to pull strings?

I loved him in That 70s Show. But, ever since the rumors of his sanctimonious "I can do whatever I want" attitude surfaced, I have found him to be repulsive. I am sure he never thought he would be convicted let alone in jail. The three stories have some eerily familiar rings and have since they first surfaced. Glad to see that these women get some justice. AND, any organization that sides with conniving felons deserves to be scrutinized--- especially ones that claim to be religious.

Husband of Jane Doe 3.

The Mars Volta’s Cedric Bixler-Zavala, whose wife is among the women who accused Danny Masterson of rape, has addressed the actor’s guilty conviction.

“I’ll be making a list of all Danny’s helpers and rape apologists to show all of you why women don’t report rape,” Bixler-Zavala said. “We told you. God bless the women that stood up to him and his family. Scientology. Rot in jail Danny. God bless my wife. True warrior.”

Masterson was found guilty on two out of three counts of rape today (May 31st). He was arrested in 2020 after Chrissie Carnell-Bixler and three other women accused him of drugging, raping, and sexually assaulting them in the early 2000s. All four women were members of the Church of Scientology at the time, and accused the church of discouraging them from coming forward with their accusations as well as retaliating once the allegations were made public. Bixler-Zavala previously claimed members of the church tapped his family’s phones and poisoned his dog after Carnell-Bixler came forward.

“May peace reign over my family,” Bixler-Zavala said. “To everyone who spoke up and helped, thank you. To DA Mueller, and Ariel Anson and Detective Vargas… God bless you.” Read his full remarks below.

Masterson, 47, was handcuffed at the defense table and taken into custody. He’d been out of jail on $3.3 million bond since he was indicted in June 2020. His wife, Bijou Phillips, started crying after the verdict was read at the criminal courthouse in downtown Los Angeles.

“Can you maintain your composure? I know it’s hard. But if not I need you to step outside,” Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Charlaine Olmedo said.

Phillips quieted as friends and family comforted her, but she loudly sobbed again when Masterson was handcuffed. Her supporters included Billy Baldwin, the third youngest of the Baldwin celebrity brothers and the husband of Phillips’ half-sister, Chynna Phillips.
Alison Anderson, a partner at Boies Schiller Flexner LLP, emailed a statement from victim N.T. to Legal Affairs and Trials.

“I am experiencing a complex array of emotions — relief, exhaustion, strength, sadness — knowing that my abuser, Danny Masterson, will face accountability for his criminal behavior. I am disappointed that he was not convicted on all counts, but take great solace in the fact that he, the Church of Scientology, and others, will have to fully account for their abhorrent actions in civil court,” N.T. said.

Masterson’s former girlfriend, Chrissie Carnell-Bixler, also issued a statement through Anderson.

“I thank the jury for its service, and while I’m encouraged that Danny Masterson will face some criminal punishment, I am devastated that he has dodged criminal accountability for his heinous conduct against me,” said Carnell-Bixler, who has publicly identified herself as a “rape and cult survivor.” “Despite my disappointment in this outcome, I remain determined to secure justice, including in civil court, where I, along with my co-plaintiffs, will shine a light on how Scientology and other conspirators enabled and sought to cover up Masterson’s monstrous behavior.”
Masterson’s friends and family mostly filled the left side of the gallery every day of trial. His mother, Carol Masterson, was always there, and his younger brother, Christopher Masterson, who played oldest brother Francis on Malcolm in the Middle, usually was, too. Youngest brother Jordan Masterson, who played Mark in The 40-year-old Virgin, was in court for the verdict, as was their sister, Alanna Masterson, who was Tara Chambler on The Walking Dead. They left without speaking to reporters on Wednesday, as did Masterson’s lawyers.

1685612557155.jpeg
Masterson’s wife, actor and model Bijou Phillips, gasped when the verdict was read and wept as he was taken into custody, while a group of family and friends who sat stone-faced behind him throughout both trials.

The jury of seven women and five men reached the verdict after deliberating for seven days spread over two weeks. They could not reach a verdict on the third count, that alleged Masterson raped a longtime girlfriend. They had voted 8-4 in favor of conviction.

Masterson, 47, will be held without bail until he is sentenced. No sentencing date was set.

“I am experiencing a complex array of emotions — relief, exhaustion, strength, sadness — knowing that my abuser, Danny Masterson, will face accountability for his criminal behavior,” one of the women, whom Masterson knew as a fellow member of the church and was convicted of raping at his home in 2003, said in a statement.
*I’m disgusted and sad. Really sad. This was one of the few shows my husband and I watched together. We were stoners way back (I still kinda am, shhhh) and I enjoyed it. Once I found out later that the main dude was really rude to the cast in some kind of show over interview, like he was too good for them now and was gonna do some real acting, it was over for me. I hope he gets life!

Danny Masterson being convicted has made my year. Seeing his smug, entitled attitude all through this made me physically ill. Justice was served finally in this decades long nightmare for the victims! Thank you to the jury, Judge Olmedo, Tony Ortega and the DA's Anson and Mueller who prosecuted this case!!! I just hope Bijou can see the light, she is so brainwashed...that poor daughter of theirs. What a legacy he left for his child..

JMOO

Masterson’s former girlfriend, Chrissie Carnell-Bixler, also issued a statement through Anderson.

“I thank the jury for its service, and while I’m encouraged that Danny Masterson will face some criminal punishment, I am devastated that he has dodged criminal accountability for his heinous conduct against me,” said Carnell-Bixler, who has publicly identified herself as a “rape and cult survivor.” “Despite my disappointment in this outcome, I remain determined to secure justice, including in civil court, where I, along with my co-plaintiffs, will shine a light on how Scientology and other conspirators enabled and sought to cover up Masterson’s monstrous behavior.”

‘The King of Queens’ Star Backs Danny Masterson’s Rape Accusers, Blasts Scientology​

11/2022 --Actress and former Scientologist Leah Remini fired off a series of tweets on Tuesday night backing the accusers of actor Danny Masterson, who's on trial for rape in Los Angeles. The Law&Crime Network's Angenette Levy discusses Remini's tweets with journalist Tony Ortega, who is covering Masterson's trial.

And still the "church" of scientology faces no retribution for their actions against victims.

I know the trial wasn't against that organisation but i'm amazed it hasn't been ripped apart by federal government for all the claims against it.

And still the "church" of scientology faces no retribution for their actions against victims.

I know the trial wasn't against that organisation but i'm amazed it hasn't been ripped apart by federal government for all the claims against it.
I applauded the judge for letting in the expert witness to confirm that the church rules include victims (as the plaintiffs) are prohibited from reporting another church member to civilians and/or outside authorities or be named a "suppressive person" and face the consequences for such.

Law & Crime YT posted above with Reporter Tony Ortega gives a brilliant summary. States this rule is in black & white print to members and the opposing press releases by COS stating otherwise is just PR.

I didn't follow the retrial of DM where an expert witness on COS was allowed to explain the teachings specific to why the women delayed reporting the crime.

IMO, there's no basis for the federal govt to rip apart anything when the trial was limited to expert witness testifying specifically about the delayed rape reporting which I believe made the difference between DM being found guilty in the retrial and a mistrial in the first trial.

If there was anything more implied, it wasn't by the Court but perhaps by the COS members in attendance. JMO

6/2/2023

Masterson grew up in a family that practiced Scientology. His step-father Joe Reaiche and mother Carole Masterson had been members of the Sea Org, the 'clergy' of the controversial faith.

Danny Masterson was nine when his parents moved into the Sea Org's Clearwater, Florida, headquarters, having signed obligatory contracts vowing allegiance to the church for 'a billion years.'

[..]

Joe said he decided to part with the church after seeing the punishments they rolled out.

[..]

Joe had been determined to stay on good terms with his ex-wife and children so he tried to avoid any confrontation with the church.

But in the eyes of the church Joe had traduced Hubbard's teachings and technologies and his ex-wife Carole had reported him to the church.

In October 2004 Joe was summoned but couldn't come as he was in Atlanta on business. It wasn't until January 2005 that he ended up in front of a Court of Ethics in Clearwater, Florida.

Joe said it was a 'kangaroo court' and that he 'knew it was going to be a hatchet job'.

Eventually Joe was formally shunned and deemed a 'suppressive person' for questioning certain teachings.

He tried to make contact with his family and friends in the church but no one would answer him. Ever since, he has had no contact with Matterson or any other of his children or step-children.

I applauded the judge for letting in the expert witness to confirm that the church rules include victims (as the plaintiffs) are prohibited from reporting another church member to civilians and/or outside authorities or be named a "suppressive person" and face the consequences for such.

Law & Crime YT posted above with Reporter Tony Ortega gives a brilliant summary. States this rule is in black & white print to members and the opposing press releases by COS stating otherwise is just PR.

I didn't follow the retrial of DM where an expert witness on COS was allowed to explain the teachings specific to why the women delayed reporting the crime.

IMO, there's no basis for the federal govt to rip apart anything when the trial was limited to expert witness testifying specifically about the delayed rape reporting which I believe made the difference between DM being found guilty in the retrial and a mistrial in the first trial.

If there was anything more implied, it wasn't by the Court but perhaps by the COS members in attendance. JMO
For me it's more that no religion or group should impose suppression of reporting crimes, alleged or otherwise.

Law is apparently what religions uphold and follow, they shouldn't be allowed to pick and choose if that applies to followers of their religion.

IMO, during the retrial, jurors saw a good picture of why the defendant raped members of his church, and relied on the shared teaching of the church for not being reporting, charged, and/or prosecuted! May the healing begin for the victims.

For me it's more that no religion or group should impose suppression of reporting crimes, alleged or otherwise.

Law is apparently what religions uphold and follow, they shouldn't be allowed to pick and choose if that applies to followers of their religion.
But it doesn't even have to be a church. For decades, various cultures and even families have suppressed or encouraged women not to come forward to report crime -- including law professionals. IMO, COS fit right in when adopting what was norm for women at the time of formation.

More on suppression... I recently watched the documentary on Sheryl Crow (Showtime) where she discusses being sexually harassed 25+ years ago as a young artist by Frank DiLeo -- Michael Jackson's manager. Tired of fighting him off and living in fear, she went to see a highly regarded attorney in the music industry who basically advised her to ride it out and how there were women that would die to be in her place (i.e., touring w/MJ). She was devastated after speaking out albeit privately.

There's a hearing on June 7 on the discovery leaked to the church, it was rescheduled from May 31.

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F9b18c2a5-7032-4b23-9225-320eaa639ece_720x378.jpeg

6/2/2023

Masterson grew up in a family that practiced Scientology. His step-father Joe Reaiche and mother Carole Masterson had been members of the Sea Org, the 'clergy' of the controversial faith.

Danny Masterson was nine when his parents moved into the Sea Org's Clearwater, Florida, headquarters, having signed obligatory contracts vowing allegiance to the church for 'a billion years.'

[..]

Joe said he decided to part with the church after seeing the punishments they rolled out.

[..]

Joe had been determined to stay on good terms with his ex-wife and children so he tried to avoid any confrontation with the church.

But in the eyes of the church Joe had traduced Hubbard's teachings and technologies and his ex-wife Carole had reported him to the church.

In October 2004 Joe was summoned but couldn't come as he was in Atlanta on business. It wasn't until January 2005 that he ended up in front of a Court of Ethics in Clearwater, Florida.

Joe said it was a 'kangaroo court' and that he 'knew it was going to be a hatchet job'.

Eventually Joe was formally shunned and deemed a 'suppressive person' for questioning certain teachings.

He tried to make contact with his family and friends in the church but no one would answer him. Ever since, he has had no contact with Matterson or any other of his children or step-children.
And what of their bio Dad? Was he shunned right from the get when they joined the 'church'?

And what of their bio Dad? Was he shunned right from the get when they joined the 'church'?
It pretty much reads that way from publications I've seen. I recall DM and his brother were living with their father in NY up until the mother married Joe Reaiche, a professional rugby player in Australia. The newlyweds immediately joined the exclusive Sea Organization within the Church of Scientology, and DM and his brother were sent to Florida to join their mother and Joe. I think DM was about 8 yrs old when his mom remarried and he moved to Florida. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuzyQuinn
Back