Actress/Author Carrie Fisher, 60, has Passed Away

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My dad was in ICU after his quad bypass and after his colon cancer surgery. Just a few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At what point will there be brain scans to check for neurological damage?

Well, assuming they are using therapeutic hypothermia (standard protocol) for 48 hours post-arrest, it's probably already happening. A combination of EEG (brain wave test for electrical activity and quality thereof) and CT or MRI to look for swelling and blood flow. There are a number of other tests as well that you would not want to know about.
The fact that they were able to get a heartbeat back (ROSC- return of spontaneous circulation) is encouraging for physiological survival -it points to high-quality CPR having been performed. Neurological damage has almost certainly occurred however. So the over-arching issue at this point is quality of life.

Well, assuming they are using therapeutic hypothermia (standard protocol) for 48 hours post-arrest, it's probably already happening. A combination of EEG (brain wave test for electrical activity and quality thereof) and CT or MRI to look for swelling and blood flow. There are a number of other tests as well that you would not want to know about.
The fact that they were able to get a heartbeat back (ROSC- return of spontaneous circulation) is encouraging for physiological survival -it points to high-quality CPR having been performed. Neurological damage has almost certainly occurred however. So the over-arching issue at this point is quality of life.

This is the part that concerns me. I hope Ms. Fisher has medical directives in the event of major catastrophic illness/injury.

So sad for Carrie and her family. May she rest in peace.

:rose:

ETA I have only lurked on this thread until today. My memories of Carrie Fisher are so tied up with my growing up in the 50s and 60s when her parents were Hollywood royalty. I am just a few years older than she was. Her writing and her dark humor have always resonated with me. Though Princess Leia was never an icon for me, Carrie was an icon for me in many other ways.

:tears:

Rest in Peace dear Carrie.

Thank you for the valuable life lessons. I was so looking forward to acts two and three.

Flying for a long period of time could be dangerous. Because you don't move, blood clots can form in legs, then if they travel that could cause heart attack or stroke.
RIP Carrie.

Such Sad news. I was 17 when Star Wars was released. It was such groundbreaking movie. The special effects were like nothing we'd seen before. It's difficult to describe to younger generations just how amazing it was to us. And Carrie Fisher was such a huge part of that. RIP and Fly high Carrie. May the force be with you always! :tears::rose:

Carrie Fisher dies at age 60
Actress recently suffered heart attack on plane

By RICHARD QUEST AND AZADEH ANSARI , CNN

Posted: 6:56 PM, December 23, 2016
Updated: 1:18 PM, December 27, 2016

(CNN) - Actress Carrie Fisher, whose grit and wit made "Star Wars'" Princess*Leia*an iconic and beloved figure to millions of moviegoers, died Tuesday in Los Angeles. She was 60.

Fisher died four days after suffering a cardiac event on a flight from London, according to a source familiar with the situation.

The actress and advocate who got her start in Hollywood in 1975 in the film "Shampoo," was the daughter of screen legend Debbie Reynolds and singer Eddie Fisher...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/enter...-hospitalized-after-inflight-cardiac-incident

I'm saddened but also relieved.

RIP Carrie

Dec 27 2016, 1:53 pm ET

'Star Wars' Actress Carrie Fisher Dies at 60 After Suffering Heart Attack

by Andrew Blankstein, Phil McCausland and Corky Siemaszko

"Star Wars" has lost its most beloved princess.

Carrie Fisher, best known for her portrayal of the plucky Princess Leia in George Lucas' epic intergalactic movie series, died Tuesday, days after suffering a heart attack on a plane. She was 60 years old.

"It is with a very deep sadness that Billie Lourd confirms that her beloved mother Carrie Fisher passed away at 855 this morning," Simon Halls, a representative for Fisher's daughter, said in a statement to

Fisher, who had recently wrapped the filming of "Star Wars: Episode VIII," the second of three new "Star Wars" films, was in the midst of a tour to promote her eighth book, an autobiography called "The Princess Diarist," when she suffered the medical emergency...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-fisher-dies-60-after-suffering-heart-n699641

I'm heartbroken. I feel like I've lost a little bit more of my Stephen

"Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force."
Master Yoda

I'm heartbroken. I feel like I've lost a little bit more of my Stephen

"Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force."
Master Yoda

:grouphug:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hmoh4