Actress/Author Carrie Fisher, 60, has Passed Away

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm 10000% done with these shenanigans, 2016. [emoji31]

Rest In Peace, Carrie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My teenage daughter is a huge fan and is on the verge of tears over this news. So unexpected. We really thought she'd make a full recovery and get home to her doggy soon. She was in the middle of a book tour, FGS.

RIP Carrie Fisher

What an awful , horrible year.Seems like we've lost so many.

George Michael at only 53 and now Carrie Fisher. :(
Damn.

I thought we'd see more of her acting !!
She'll always be the Princess Leia in my mind.
Rest gently, Carrie !!

Deepest condolences to all who loved her !

Just found out

Her one woman show, on YT is poignant, funny, self-depreciating, authentic warm sharing the hell, she lived, sharing the road back to sanity (kinda)

Wishful Drinking is an autobiographical book by American actress and author Carrie Fisher, published by Simon & Schuster in 2008. Fisher's book was based on her one-woman stage show, which she developed with writer/director Joshua Ravetch. The show debuted at The Geffen Playhouse with Ravetch directing. It enjoyed a successful Broadway run and toured in other cities. In 2010, HBO filmed a feature-length documentary of the stage play.

you have to give it some time but once you there you are captivated its a learning experience --give it some time tho pls

[video=youtube;Pn_WBBAvZ_Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pn_WBBAvZ_Q[/video]

Yeah I'd be on an aisle seat doing compressions while leaning to to the side. It's the breaths that would be tricky.
My son took a CPR course for the power company. He is a lineman apprentice. They don't teach breaths anymore! Wth???

The evidence showed that doing breaths didn't improve outcomes, and that delivering good quality chest compressions was the key intervention. That's for BLS in the field with non professionals. Obviously, in hospital, we use the ambu bag and ACLS protocols. If I were there and there was an ambu bag, of course I'd have someone using it while I did chest compressions.

Like many of the medical professionals posting, I did not feel the chances for a full recovery were good, considering the information we were given. A sad day indeed.

Such sad news!!
Prayers to Carrie's family, friends, and fans!!
RIP Carrie!!

Carrie left this world way too early! Everyone loved her as Princess Leia, but she was also a brilliant writer. If you've never read Postcards From The Edge, pick it up sometime. You will laugh and cry.

'Star Wars' Actress Carrie Fisher Dies at Age 60

by Inside Edition 1:00 PM EST, December 27, 2016

Carrie Fisher has died at the age of 60, her family said in a statement Tuesday.

The*actress, best known for her role as*Star Wars' Princess Leia, suffered a massive heart attack while on a flight from London to Los Angeles on Friday...

http://www.insideedition.com/headlines/20675-actress-carrie-fisher-dies-at-age-60

RIP Carrie!!

attachment.php

Attachments

• RQovm3V.jpg
    RQovm3V.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 111
I'm basically wrecked by this. RIP Carrie. General Organa was my hero.

And I've got a "friend" schooling me on why posting photos of her as young Leia is more important that respecting Gen. Organa, and questioning why she's my hero. **** off.

And I've got a "friend" schooling me on why posting photos of her as young Leia is more important that respecting Gen. Organa, and questioning why she's my hero. **** off.

Here you go hun, some ammunition for you (check her timeline) From Buzzfeed

[video=twitter;813808116236226565]https://twitter.com/anne_theriault/status/813808116236226565[/video]

Everyone is sharing pictures of Fisher when she was young, but let me show you the Leia that was the most important to me: General Organa

As to the pilot instructing the people performing CPR to be seated:

I don't know why this is surprising. Landings put passengers at risk-a known fact. A rough landing could throw the rescuer hard against any number of things, other passengers included. Then you've got two or more casualties. Liability would dictate that all FAA mandated instructions be given even in this scenario. The rescuer can make his own decision whether or not to comply, but you can bet that if the pilot didn't command all passengers be seated, and the rescuer is seriously injured, he or his family would probably sue the pilot and airline for not giving that person adequate notice of landing or some other similar claim.

Rest well, Carrie Fisher. Our condolences to your dear mother, Debbie Reynolds.
gettyimages-462449442.jpg

She was wonderful then and now. I love this picture.

star-wars-8.jpg

Couple more pics:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• ZOQuyzT.jpg
    ZOQuyzT.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 127
  • 15697938_1497356023612565_297612317632732636_n.jpg
    15697938_1497356023612565_297612317632732636_n.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 127
My daughter's friend. Sweet FB post.