Africa - Seychelles Police Probe Deaths of Sisters Annie and Robin Korkki Sept 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
One more snip from that link...

Snipped...
...Originally from Minnesota, Robin Korkki was living in Chicago as a financial trader and Annie Korkki was living in Denver as an employee of JPMorgan Chase.

(Was wondering what they did for a living.)

https://www.oyster.com/seychelles/hotels/maia-luxury-resort-and-spa/#roomrates

The all-inclusive rates, paired with the hotel's anything, anywhere motto, means guests have the option of dining in their villas, on the beach, or at the hotel's elegant open-air Tec-Tec restaurant with ocean views. While the resort has a menu, many guests have noted their requests for off-menu items have been granted. The Sunset Pool Bar serves snacks and signature cocktails, and is a popular spot for watching the sunset. The resort's Wine Boutique features more than 300 vintage wines from around the world and guests can schedule tastings with the hotel's sommelier along with private dinners. All meals, snacks, non-alcoholic, and select alcoholic beverages are included in the rates.*

Here's the resort's Sunset Pool Bar, I guess this is where they spent that last day drinking.

https://cdn.seyeasy.com/images/MAIA/Maia-hotel-Mahe-Seychelles-cocktail-bar.jpg
Someone mentioned "Russians"
which made me wonder about Absinthe. I don't even know if it is made in Russia, so I am not sure where that thought came from.
It is available in the US and is known as "Lucid", but that isn't what I am talking about. In the US Lucid is
124 proof I think the genuine Absinthe is 138 proof ?
Anyway, could they have gotten Absinthe there?

Someone mentioned "Russians"
which made me wonder about Absinthe. I don't even know if it is made in Russia, so I am not sure where that thought came from.
It is available in the US and is known as "Lucid", but that isn't what I am talking about. In the US Lucid is
124 proof I think the genuine Absinthe is 138 proof ?
Anyway, could they have gotten Absinthe there?

I would imagine. I've actually seen Absinthe here in the liquor stores. I wish they would outlaw it. Jmo

Another thought Ive had, is what if the resort uses Everclear in their mixed drinks thus making them much stronger. I know some frozen drink machines use Everclear to keep the drinks from freezing. But maybe they use it in regular mixed drinks. Idk, thinking people would drink less, and cut costs? :thinking:

I don't know if the absinthe produced today contains wormwood........that's the kicker ingredient from back when.

I would imagine. I've actually seen Absinthe here in the liquor stores. I wish they would outlaw it. Jmo

Another thought Ive had, is what if the resort uses Everclear in their mixed drinks thus making them much stronger. I know some frozen drink machines use Everclear to keep the drinks from freezing. But maybe they use it in regular mixed drinks. Idk, thinking people would drink less, and cut costs? :thinking:

Maybe, but they would get no customers if that ever would be known. In one article I read, the resort lets peolle have all of the Dom Perignon they want. All the free top liquor must be a great draw for such a beautiful place. Get so blasted that you don't even know where you are.

Absinthe info

http://www.drweil.com/health-wellness/body-mind-spirit/addiction/is-absinthe-dangerous/

I don't know if the absinthe produced today contains wormwood........that's the kicker ingredient from back when.

Wormwood? As in Artimesia? It's used for killing parasites too. So it's an intoxicant? TIA

Maybe, but they would get no customers if that ever would be known. In one article I read, the resort lets peolle have all of the Dom Perignon they want. All the free top liquor must be a great draw for such a beautiful place. Get so blasted that you don't even know where you are.

Absinthe info

http://www.drweil.com/health-wellness/body-mind-spirit/addiction/is-absinthe-dangerous/

Thanks human.....I was too lazy to google absinthe! It seems to me that George Smith was drinking absinthe the night he was murdered on his honeymoon cruise IIRC. It's been so long since I have heard about it - had totally forgotten about it.

Wormwood? As in Artimesia? It's used for killing parasites too. So it's an intoxicant? TIA
Legal in South Africa since 2005

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Legal in South Africa since 2005

Did they visit South Africa? I remember reading Kenya, the Seychelles.... maybe Zanzibar? I forgot the other(s).

eta: Travelling from Johannesburg, SA, for example, to any of the places I listed would be like travelling from Seattle to Houston. Except it would also include crossing several international borders.

Just checked the fine print on two bottles of absinthe (Pernod & Dabel) brands DO contain wormwood, tho it's real hard to believe it could kill me :blushing:

ETA: it's legal here :canada:

Did they visit South Africa? I remember reading Kenya, the Seychelles.... maybe Zanzibar? I forgot the other(s).

eta: Travelling from Johannesburg, SA, for example, to any of the places I listed would be like travelling from Seattle to Houston. Except it would also include crossing several international borders.
Ugh. Oops on me. I need to brush up on my Geography.[emoji9]

Autopsy reveals cause of death of Annie and Robin Korkki as four tourists die in one week in Seychelles
October 1, 2016

Snipped...
...The sudden deaths generated shock in the small island states, particularly as they were followed by news of two more tourists perishing in unusual circumstances.

Seychelles Police said a South African national was found “unresponsive” in his room at the Plantation Club Resort at Baie Lazare on the main island of Mahé on September 26, according to local publication Today.

The hotel is located less than 8km — or a 13-minute drive — from the Maia Luxury Resort where the Korkki sisters died after being found “unresponsive” by a hotel worker. The pair had reportedly been drinking heavily the day before.

The South African, who has not been named, was reportedly employed at Lazare Property Ltd.

Police have not provided any details about his death but Today reported that his colleagues told investigators they had not seen him since the previous Tuesday.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...k/news-story/3afbe78a5193e8092ab8be1a5798a274

(SORRY if this was already posted & I missed it)

Snipped...
...An itinerary found at their hotel revealed that the sisters had been traveling throughout African together since Sept. 1. They had visited Kenya, Tanzania and Zanzibar before arriving to Seychelles on Sept. 16.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wor...el-room-korkki-sisters-died-article-1.2817542

Snipped...
...Before arriving in the island chain, they had gone on a safari, said Caitlin Cattelino, a friend of Annie Korkki and coach of her figure skating team.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/09/...african-resort-were-killed-by-water-in-lungs/

Just checked the fine print on two bottles of absinthe (Pernod & Dabel) brands DO contain wormwood, tho it's real hard to believe it could kill me :blushing:

Is absinthe what's in ouzo? I'll have to have a look next time I go to the LCBO.

There's a Polish vodka I like but the American and Canadian versions are some kind of cheap knock offs even with the blade of grass. So disappointing. (I think the amount or lack of coumarin makes the difference.)

Always wanted to try it... Party at tarabull's house!

It sounds like a once-in-a-lifetime kind of trip, which...

I am picking up with you are laying down...

I am smelling what you are stepping in...

I am reading your mail...

:notgood:

Is absinthe what's in ouzo? I'll have to have a look next time I go to the LCBO.

There's a Polish vodka I like but the American and Canadian versions are some kind of cheap knock offs even with the blade of grass. So disappointing. (I think the amount or lack of coumarin makes the difference.)

When absinthe fell into disfavour in the early 20th century, ouzo was one of the products whose popularity rose to fill the gap; it was once called "a substitute for absinthe without the wormwood".[2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouzo

I don't think I've had the Polish vodka, maybe you can bring some to the party :laughing: :happydance:

Ya'll get started on these, I will return with more. Cheers.

chupitos-shots-bar.jpg

I've tried Lucid which isn't exactly the same thing because the US won't allow anything over 124 proof.
It tasted gas and spices poured over a sugar cube. Pretty sure I burped fire after that!
1751befe07837b81f5499b67aa7dc37d.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow
Back