Africa - Seychelles Police Probe Deaths of Sisters Annie and Robin Korkki Sept 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What would be the source for carbon monoxide poisoning?

I've stayed in several hotels that had carbon monoxide detectors in every room. I don't know the law there but again they stayed in such a high end place I think they would be standard.

So even if there were a source there would have been a warning.

JMO but the more I think about it I think it had to have been drugs - a mixture of two or more, or with alcohol, or even mixed with a prescription med (whether or not only one had the Rx).

The case where several different people died in a hotel room was due to a faulty pool water heater leaking carbon monoxide into the room. The smell was not noticeable just walking into the room or the maids cleaning the room.

However, there have been two other suspicious deaths on the same island, so I doubt it is anything to do with the resort. Is anyone looking into the cause of these deaths? What could the connection be?

The cause of death of these sisters will depend upon the toxicology reports. The unfortunate part is how well trained were the people doing the tests? If they had been drinking all day, had they been eating? Wonder what the stomach contents showed?

It always amazes me when people die of a suspicious nature and the family has them cremated.

Well now that they've been cremated it's impossible to say exactly what led to their demise.
If I'd been the family I would have hired the best coroner money could buy.

Not trying to imply the medical services in the Seychelles are not competent enough-- just that if it were my family, I'd like a second opinion.
Jmo.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3817194/Ashes-Minnesota-sisters-dead-Seychelles-given-family.html

It's just so odd to me, that both of them would die together, on the same bed, side by side.

:websleuther:

IMHO

Well now that they've been cremated it's impossible to say exactly what led to their demise.
If I'd been the family I would have hired the best coroner money could buy.

Not trying to imply the medical services in the Seychelles are not competent enough-- just that if it were my family, I'd like a second opinion.
Jmo.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3817194/Ashes-Minnesota-sisters-dead-Seychelles-given-family.html

WOW! Was the cremation done with the families approval? If it were my child, that would be the LAST thing I would want done! I would also want a second opinion on cause of death.

What's up with the fluid in the lungs...?..TIA

Suicide ?

I read the same articles you did, about their condition before going to their room. I do believe they took blood and tissue samples prior to cremation for toxicology. Hopefully, they will do a press release when the results are back. Sympathy to their family.

I've stayed in several hotels that had carbon monoxide detectors in every room. I don't know the law there but again they stayed in such a high end place I think they would be standard.

So even if there were a source there would have been a warning.

JMO but the more I think about it I think it had to have been drugs - a mixture of two or more, or with alcohol, or even mixed with a prescription med (whether or not only one had the Rx).

Why would there be anything with carbon monoxide? No heaters in the tropics.

The case where several different people died in a hotel room was due to a faulty pool water heater leaking carbon monoxide into the room. The smell was not noticeable just walking into the room or the maids cleaning the room.

However, there have been two other suspicious deaths on the same island, so I doubt it is anything to do with the resort. Is anyone looking into the cause of these deaths? What could the connection be?

The cause of death of these sisters will depend upon the toxicology reports. The unfortunate part is how well trained were the people doing the tests? If they had been drinking all day, had they been eating? Wonder what the stomach contents showed?

It always amazes me when people die of a suspicious nature and the family has them cremated.

I have never heard of a heated pool in the tropics. Propane is used for cooking but a smell is always added to propane. There would be no reason for cooking in their rooms.

A lot of tropical places have solar. They would have a hot water heater but my guess is that it is electric.

It's just so odd to me, that both of them would die together, on the same bed, side by side.

:websleuther:

IMHO

Right? The first thing I thought of was an episode of Criminal Intent. Except those sisters were found wrapped in cellophane, victims of pufferfish poison.

(Not suggesting I think that's what happened here!!)

What if too much ghb was used on them by an employee for nefarious reasons?

I don't see a bad batch of cocaine being the culprit.

They could not get to their room at 8:15pm. That is c-r-a-z-y. This means they were a stumbling, incoherent mess by 8:15pm, which probably indicates that if they had access to substances other than alcohol, they had already been using the substance for quite some time.

Whatever lead to their demise was not something they did only after getting to their room at 8:15pm. Instead, I think they had been doing it for hours before getting to their room. If resort staff had seen them drinking "all day", presumably in public, then I would believe it's more likely they were popping pills with their drinks (easier to conceal/ingest), rather than sneaking off to the ladies room and doing lines of bad coke. Besides, if you're going to snort cocaine, whether it's bad or good, those effects will come on quickly - in minutes - due to the method of delivery. Therefore, it would have been more likely to find one of them slouched over the toilet in the public restroom. Conversely, even if it were "good coke", it would somewhat offset the depressive affect of the alcohol, so they should have been able to find their room.

The fact they needed help finding their room at 8:15pm says a lot and leads me to rule out stimulants. I just think this sounds like a alcohol+benzo or maybe alcohol+opiates OD.

Decades ago I worked at a high end resort on Block Island RI. I remember one woman there with her teenage son ,drunk, walking around naked. The staff took her matches snd lighter away so she would not burn the place down There are a lot of shenanigans that go on in high end resorts and hotels. Being so drunk that one cannot walk is not unusual

WOW! Was the cremation done with the families approval? If it were my child, that would be the LAST thing I would want done! I would also want a second opinion on cause of death.

If it was their decision maybe they didn't want to fly their bodies back? It hurts just to write that but I don't know if ashes would be any better. :(

Why would there be anything with carbon monoxide? No heaters in the tropics.

I didn't mean I believe there was a source, just pointing out if one existed there's likely no chance that could have been what happened. Sorry for not being clear. :)

I do understand that being "so drunk that one cannot walk" is not uncommon, but neither are vacationers who drink all day long. Anecdotally, I have a good bit of experience with family members who have done the same many times over the years and never been so smashed they couldn't get to their room. People tend to think of vacation as a free pass, no need to drive as taxis are available or all exclusive resorts. Bloody Marys with breakfast and drinks at the Tiki bar or served on the beach all day are not at all uncommon. It absolutely sounds like a drug/alcohol interaction. Having no personal experience, I have known people who used GHB recreationally as apparently when minimal amounts are used, the resulting effects are something similar to taking Ecstasy. However, when taken while drinking alcohol or taking benzos it can quickly become fatal. Seems much more likely to be some sort of cns depressant than an upper like cocaine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This article states the women were last seen drinking alcohol at 6:45. Where did the women go between 6:45 and 8:15 when they needed assistance in getting to their rooms. This leaves a window of an hour and a half. I know there was no evidence of violence to their bodies, but what if they were given a date rape drug. They wouldn't be capable of fighting off an offender, so no need to cause harm to their bodies. Does anybody know if there was any mention of male DNA found on the women? The combination of alcohol and a date rape drug could cause respiratory failure.

On the other hand, there were medications found in their room. The combo of alcohol all day and medications could have led to their deaths depending on what the medications might have been.

Police spokesman Jean Toussaint said: "From the observation done by our police officers, there was no disturbance in the room and the two sisters were found unresponsive on the same bed."

Preliminary examinations done show no sign of any violence has having caused their deaths.

However, medications were taken from the room to be analysed.

Mr Toussaint continued: "What the police can say about the investigation so far is that the two sisters were consuming alcohol throughout the day."

And the last time they were seen drinking alcohol was at around quarter to seven and they were helped to their bedroom by hotel personnel at around 8.15 pm."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/cause-death-revealed-after-sisters-8952905

Any security cameras ?
My thoughts are that a high end resort would have footage of people entering or leaving their room.

Somewhat indelicate, perhaps-- but had they had relations with any men --or anyone following them from the restaurant, bars. or wherever ?
Even if found dressed --doesn't mean they weren't assaulted or something.
Looking at all possibilities.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back