Again: Where was Casey going for two years?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
To me the age Caylee was is what holds a lot of the key to this. Everyone keeps saying why didn't they ask Caylee questions. GA said he did and she didn't seem to show any recognition of any of the names such as the little boy she supposedly played with often. So they were asking. That is probably what was making KC nuts. And now that Caylee was getting older the whole thing was about to blow up because Caylee was going to start talking. What do you do when you have a small child that can't really relay exactly what she did all day and the daughter sure isn't telling you the truth. I know a woman who drives herself nuts trying to find out every detail of what her kids do and where does it get you, it doesn't change a thing. Either you kick them out or you deal with it especially when there is a grand child in the mix. If they get serious about the whole thing, KC walks out with the child, and if they ignore it then they have to deal with all her nonsense but Caylee is safely at home. It seems like that is what they chose. The Great Grandmother insinuated that CA bought all of Caylee's things and KC spent her money (well, their money) on herself. Seems like that is the case when we learn that she bought Caylee's cake, etc. with Great Grandma's check. I don't think there is any greater mystery about KC either. I think she just didn't want to work and stealing was her way of being able to get what she wanted. She had mom's credit cards on top of it all. I believe the Anthony's loved their daughter and still do, she is their child, they remember the cute little KC of two, five, etc. and can't imagine what she has become and then as now don't have a clue what to do about her. They are crushed beyond belief I am sure. They have made mistakes in judgement in many ways, misleading police by attempting to believe KC's crazy story for one but I can't say how well any of us would really handle such a nightmare. All the lies alone must have made them half nuts since nothing really added up and then day after day they find out more and more how really messed up KC is and how none of it makes any sense. She didn't have to kill that child, she didn't have to continue living with her family, she had options and instead chose to kill. How on earth does anyone come to grips with that. In the end though I believe Caylee was just getting too old to control what she would say. Kids that age will just blurt out things out of the blue for no reason, things that happened days ago and you really can't control that. She was old enough to see things that KC was doing and remember it and to figure out that some of it was wrong or odd. She wasn't going to just "go to sleep" when KC wanted to party like a little child will. Three year olds have a mind of their own, they start to become demanding, etc. Even just KC being on the computer would be an issue because Caylee would want attention, etc. and if KC didn't give her lunch because she didn't feel like it she was getting old enough to tell. If KC stole from a store Caylee would see now and know what she was doing. KC's life was going to start getting difficult. Then put that together with everyone saying how they were suspecting she wasn't really working. I would bet that they were questioning her a little more about work if they were suspicious and we all saw how KC deals with being questioned. Her little fake world was about to blow up.

Curiousintx,

I think you are right about Caylee's age being key to what happened.

Caylee didn't last very long after gaining communication skills.

Maybe she said some things on her long road trip with Cindy that really got Cindy's attention?
JMO

Bernie Madoff fooled some pretty sophisticated people. Lacie was happy as a clam with her devoted Scott.

It is obvious from interviews with Cindy's co-workers and her mother (to whom Cindy confided all) that Cindy DID believe Casey worked at Universal and had a nanny. Cindy even believed JH was Casey's boyfriend. She cooked meal after meal for JH despite his never making it over.

Just like Amy thought Casey was going to lease a house with her. Casey was setting appointments with Amy to meet her at imaginary houses the next afternoon, time after time after time. Yet when Casey cancelled all of that and made up a new story, Amy believed it. Amy even did a change-of-address in anticipation of Casey getting her parent's house.

Casey convinced Amy think she walked in her sleep and took her own money. Can you imagine ANYBODY believing THAT?

In all fairness to Casey's family, they weren't the ONLY people Casey fooled.

JMO

You are right, except how could CA not want to meet Caylee's nanny?

I just want to say one last thing about CA. In my family, we have NEVER trusted other people with our children. If God so blesses me with a grand baby, I will dip into my savings to hire a x-cop-turned pi to check out anyone keeping that child. I am serious. To never even ask to meet her, well, I will never understand. And GA, a former HOMICIDE Detective? He had no curiosity what so ever to even met his grand daughters nanny? no, I am sorry, that is beyond unexplainable.

I noticed something in the latest document dump that makes me want to revisit this subject. It was in the interviews with Cindy's co-workers.

They said that Casey OFTEN come by Cindy's office to drop Caylee off when she (Casey) was "on her way to work". They said she was dressed "as if she was going to work" - whatever that means. I guess meaning not in shorts or jeans, flip-flops, etc. I believe someone said this would happen at least once per week or so.

Now, according to other information Cindy's normal work hours were usually until around 5 or 6 PM. So if Casey is dropping Caylee off at Cindy's office, it was BEFORE 5 or 6 PM, unleass Cindy was working late. And how late would Cindy be working with a 2 1/2 year old there with her?

So, was Casey going out partying and clubbing at 5 - 6 PM? Hardly, since the clubs don't get going until much later, say 9 - 10PM. And if she was going out partying, would she not need to change clothing somewhere? Work clothes are not club clothes.

This went on for TWO YEARS???? And neither George nor Cindy had ANY CLUE
that Casey did not have a job? I do NOT believe that at all!

Also, Cindy made statements to LE that Casey never was away from home overnight until right before she went "missing". Yet Ricardo stated that Casey AND Caylee stayed at his place numerous times. Wasn't that in March?

I still think Casey was "working" during those two years. I do not believe that Cindy and George fully supported all of Casey's financial needs for two years. She was getting money from somewhere and I do not believe she was stealing it for two years.

Any thoughts or input?

i totally agree. I do not in any way believe that they did not know this

It's beyond bizarre to me that Cindy, George, Lee - someone never asked for a phone number or address for Zanny. They knew, imo, that there was no Zanny and were apparently just fine with it.

Also, they didn't find it odd that Caylee never talked about what she did or what games she played or videos she watched or songs she sang or parks she went to with Zanny? Or if they dod manage to ask Caylee about "Zanny" all they got was a puzzled look and that didn't register as a big red flag? Sheesh.

Their is no way, unless they were either brain damaged or just did not care, that they could have believed KC had a nanny. First of all, KC had no money or job. CA, IMO, knew this. How could you live with anyone and find that out PDQ? If they really belived the nanny story, them shame on them for not even wanting to meet this person.

According to Shirley P, Casey always had money. I guess you'd say shame on my kid's grandparents too, because none of them, on either side, ever met anyone who watched my children. It would seem strange to me if they'd wanted to.

I’ve read this thread on and off since it started, and of course wondered about Casey saying she was working for two years, when of course she was not.

So I just want to wander and muse and write what I’ve thought about, especially after reading what Cindy’s coworkers said at last weeks doc drop. (Actually I’ve read these reports somewhere before, but anyhow…)

I’ve decided that Cindy knew all along that Casey was not working. I think Cindy lied to anyone who asked, just to cover the fact that, well, Casey just would not work. Over the two years post Caylees birth, I think GA and CA brought it up a lot to Casey, and that Casey would say things like, I just turned in 3 applications today. Or, one of my friends said she could get me a job where she worked. Just to put the parents off a bit longer, ya know? The sociopath traits in her were allowed, enabled by her parents (especially Cindy), and she just headed right into a downward spiral. Not that I’m all that familiar with the making of a sociopath) But I don’t think she was truly held accountable for much. I think she was a constant source of disappointment to CA and GA. So they, especially Cindy, chose to ‘accept’ her lies because they couldn’t do anything with Casey, and repeated them to her coworkers. When the coworkers bought the lies, it seemed easier for her, Cindy, to keep telling them. And doesn’t it sound impressive to say Caylee has a Nanny!?

Probably at some point Casey made some arrangement to bring Caylee over to Cindy and drop her off. Cindy probably loved showing her to her friends and it worked out just fine.

It also enabled Casey to perpetuate the work lie. I think Cindy knew every time she dropped Caylee off, that Casey was off to hang out with friends. I think that Cindy knew the ID Casey wore was a fake but I also can’t help but see Cindy admiring Caseys dressy but casual outfits, how totally believable she looked as a young woman heading to work. Thus promoting HER lies.

But Cindy was by now wound up in HER lies as much as Casey eventually would be in her own. Finally, when everything went so very wrong, and the police were called, she couldn’t tell them “well I know she hasn’t worked in two years” because then HER coworkers would know she had lied to them! She had to cover her azz too, and go along with Casey’s lies to the police.

I’ve read this thread on and off since it started, and of course wondered about Casey saying she was working for two years, when of course she was not.

So I just want to wander and muse and write what I’ve thought about, especially after reading what Cindy’s coworkers said at last weeks doc drop. (Actually I’ve read these reports somewhere before, but anyhow…)

I’ve decided that Cindy knew all along that Casey was not working. I think Cindy lied to anyone who asked, just to cover the fact that, well, Casey just would not work. Over the two years post Caylees birth, I think GA and CA brought it up a lot to Casey, and that Casey would say things like, I just turned in 3 applications today. Or, one of my friends said she could get me a job where she worked. Just to put the parents off a bit longer, ya know? The sociopath traits in her were allowed, enabled by her parents (especially Cindy), and she just headed right into a downward spiral. Not that I’m all that familiar with the making of a sociopath) But I don’t think she was truly held accountable for much. I think she was a constant source of disappointment to CA and GA. So they, especially Cindy, chose to ‘accept’ her lies because they couldn’t do anything with Casey, and repeated them to her coworkers. When the coworkers bought the lies, it seemed easier for her, Cindy, to keep telling them. And doesn’t it sound impressive to say Caylee has a Nanny!?

Probably at some point Casey made some arrangement to bring Caylee over to Cindy and drop her off. Cindy probably loved showing her to her friends and it worked out just fine.

It also enabled Casey to perpetuate the work lie. I think Cindy knew every time she dropped Caylee off, that Casey was off to hang out with friends. I think that Cindy knew the ID Casey wore was a fake but I also can’t help but see Cindy admiring Caseys dressy but casual outfits, how totally believable she looked as a young woman heading to work. Thus promoting HER lies.

But Cindy was by now wound up in HER lies as much as Casey eventually would be in her own. Finally, when everything went so very wrong, and the police were called, she couldn’t tell them “well I know she hasn’t worked in two years” because then HER coworkers would know she had lied to them! She had to cover her azz too, and go along with Casey’s lies to the police.

I don't think you are 'lost' at all, so no need to head downstream. LOL! Great post!

Curiousintx,

Maybe she said some things on her long road trip with Cindy that really got Cindy's attention?
JMO

Oh wow, you could be right. The alleged argument on the 15th may have had nothing to do with the stolen money. It could have been about something Caylee said to Cindy on the trip. This, of course would direct Casey's rage at Caylee and we all know what happened after that.

Curiousintx,

JMO
I agree. I have thought that might have been a part of the fight on the 15th, if not all of it. Cindy had to know Casey wasn't working and Caylee was old enough to tell Cindy what they did with their time when asked. Cindy is obviously going to try and deny the fight on the 15th, hopefully TL will be able to testify to what happened that night per his conversation with Casey. I wonder if JM plans on deposing TL, I have not heard anything about that.

According to Shirley P, Casey always had money. I guess you'd say shame on my kid's grandparents too, because none of them, on either side, ever met anyone who watched my children. It would seem strange to me if they'd wanted to.

I do see what you're saying here, but did your kids live with their grandparents? Did their grandparents provide for most of their care? Did you talk about the babbysitters as if they were close friends? Did you frequently spend the night with the babysitter? Did the babysitter have a key to the grandparents' house?

With Casey's dependent status, and Cindy's controlling nature, I do think it was odd that Cindy never wanted to meet Zanny. Especially if Zanny had a key to her house!

Edited to add- Actually I misspoke above. We don't know whether or not Cindy wanted to meet Zanny. We Just know that she didn't. For all we know, Cindy may have cooked many dinners for Zanny that she never showed up for, just like Jeff.

I think that this family was about image. Not necessarily the image money can buy, but the image of the perfect family wrapped up with a pretty little bow. The reason CA went along with the story that Caylee's dad lived no where near, or was not part of her life. "Because they, the A's were a strong family and together, they could get through this. ' The reason the A's went a long with KC having a job,' because see our daughter can have a "career" and a daughter she is not like the rest of the young girls who have children she won't just live off the governement and us" ( I am not quoting just assuming.)

Image for KC that yes, I have a job, a daughter and I have friends with jobs who go places and do things. So suddenly KC needed to keep up. Some of the kids were off during the day so KC got to create her own scheudle and work from home in order to hang out with her friends meanwhile her parents thought she was working.

When she told her parents she was working in the evening to go out with friends her friends assumed Caylee was home with grandparents, vice versa. Like you all have said it just got tougher. Too many balls in the air, she could not juggle all the lies.

Add all of this on top with the pressure to look perfect, DO NOT blow our cover. Little did the A's know everyone else already knew they were not perfect.

Their is no way, unless they were either brain damaged or just did not care, that they could have believed KC had a nanny. First of all, KC had no money or job. CA, IMO, knew this. How could you live with anyone and find that out PDQ? If they really belived the nanny story, them shame on them for not even wanting to meet this person.

You're right, jamielynn. Cindy did know this. In Amy's first released statement she told of Cindy's conversation in the car while they were on their way to Tony's apartment. She quotes Cindy as saying, "I'm not even sure she has a job." I think she knew she didn't have a job.

I do see what you're saying here, but did your kids live with their grandparents? Did their grandparents provide for most of their care? Did you talk about the babbysitters as if they were close friends? Did you frequently spend the night with the babysitter? Did the babysitter have a key to the grandparents' house?

With Casey's dependent status, and Cindy's controlling nature, I do think it was odd that Cindy never wanted to meet Zanny. Especially if Zanny had a key to her house!

Edited to add- Actually I misspoke above. We don't know whether or not Cindy wanted to meet Zanny. We Just know that she didn't. For all we know, Cindy may have cooked many dinners for Zanny that she never showed up for, just like Jeff.

It doesn't appear that Casey and Caylee spent many nights with (the imaginary) Zanny prior to Caylee's disappearance. She was not a full-time babysitter, just someone who filled in occasionally when Cindy and George were unavailable to watch Caylee. Cindy may very well have asked for her number or to meet her. We don't know. I think the "Zanny has a key" thing is something Casey told Cindy after Caylee disappeared.

I really have to question this opinion people have of Cindy as being controlling. It appears to me that her family walked all over her. :waitasec:

Chilly Willy, I agree that Sindy was supporting GA and KC, and thus being used by them. But to me this is more than that.

It is a complicated tangle of knots and more knots. It seems to be a family that has been perpetuating co-dependent personality disorders for years now, if not for generations.

IIRC the police were familiar with the A household from prior incidents through the years. Since the juvenile records are not open to the public, we can only guess at what some of those incidents may have been.

Remember the actions of Sindy over the past months, in attempting to control the media, the volunteers, the search groups, and twist the truth into her own version. She is NOT an innocent member of this family. Her behavior has been practiced for many years.

just my humble opinion

Chilly Willy, I agree that Sindy was supporting GA and KC, and thus being used by them. But to me this is more than that.

It is a complicated tangle of knots and more knots. It seems to be a family that has been perpetuating co-dependent personality disorders for years now, if not for generations.

IIRC the police were familiar with the A household from prior incidents through the years. Since the juvenile records are not open to the public, we can only guess at what some of those incidents may have been.

Remember the actions of Sindy over the past months, in attempting to control the media, the volunteers, the search groups, and twist the truth into her own version. She is NOT an innocent member of this family. Her behavior has been practiced for many years.

just my humble opinion

Cindy is indeed an innocent member of the family. She has been charged with nothing. You're right, their family was not perfect, but I defy you to find one that is. Many families are much more messed up than the A's, yet no children are killed. The police calls to their home over the years were basically about nothing and there really weren't that many of them.

Juvenille records? So far all people interviewed have said that Casey never got into trouble as a youth. Why do you assume otherwise?

If Cindy wants to believe her own version of the truth, what is that to us? Don't we all do the same thing here?

No kidding!!!!!
What in the he!! is wrong with them??? :furious:

Really?
And you lived at home with them while your children were young and they still didn't know the sitter?

Wow.

Cindy is indeed an innocent member of the family. She has been charged with nothing. You're right, their family was not perfect, but I defy you to find one that is. Many families are much more messed up than the A's, yet no children are killed. The police calls to their home over the years were basically about nothing and there really weren't that many of them.

Juvenille records? So far all people interviewed have said that Casey never got into trouble as a youth. Why do you assume otherwise?

If Cindy wants to believe her own version of the truth, what is that to us? Don't we all do the same thing here?

I agree with most everything that you have said ... and for the most part I think Cindy is a victim ... however, in order for her to preserve what is left of her family, I believe that she has not been forthcoming to LE and even misleading at times ... all under the guise of being in denial or feeling guilty herself. Now, before you say anything ... I do believe that there are elements of denial and guilt in her behavior and I do not ... cannot ... fault her for that. God only knows how I would behave under such horrible circumstances. I do pray that she comes to terms with the situation and deals with her denial and her own feelings of guilt in order to make certain that her beloved Caylee, receives justice. I truly truly hope that she is getting counseling. I really believe that the A's know deep down that KC is responsible for Caylee's death ... I also believe that if they told everything they knew from the beginning that Caylee would have been found sooner and the case against KC would be stronger. IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor
Back