Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have cable :(
I'm still at my mom's packing up her things :(
I'll be heading back to N.C on Monday...Can't wait. I really miss my furbabies.

BIG HUG for you, ((((( chijojo )))))
I'm sure there'll be a way for you to watch online later. We'll take care of you!!! In the meantime, please know you're in our thoughts & prayers!

ilovewings..I think that because both Ca and Ja had DP as an outcome. I remember NG and others stating IF Juan didn't go for the DP; the pedo, other unsubstantiated "testphony" would not have been allowed in. Wider latitude was allowed because of the DP which JSS took to avoid reversal, but within her discretion. A different trial IF it would have been only LWOP...IMO

as far as CA, that should not have been a DP case cause they didn't have enough forensic evidence. they had good circumstantial and she should have certainly been convicted. With respect to JA the murder was so heinous that juan Martinez ( and the family) almost had no choice but to ask for death. I do agree that in DP cases the judges let anything and everything in but I don't agree with it at all. there should still have to be corroborating evidence when defendants make allegations like these defendants did.

Its not so much he did an interview with her

To me-its WHEN he played the interview- 20 min after the verdict!!!

I mean Good Lord

Travis & his family did not even get a moment to breath a sigh of relief

He could have waited until after the trial was over or better yet not played it at all
but I know-he is a reporter & they wanted the ratings
If he had any compassion for Travis & Justice he never would have done as she asked and played that interview until she was on DR

I believe he played a part in why we had to wait to start the PP

ALL MOO

:seeya: SyraKelly! Good to see you.

I'm not a journalist.... but I have a family member who is. And....I've TOTALLY taken a guided tour through CNN! :dance: (Which means what I'm about to say is worth slightly more than two cents, but not above five cents.)

MOO, this guy doesn't get to say when his piece is run. His producer does. Now if he were Brian Williams (or any nationally run veteran journalist), he might have some say.

They gotta run the piece when it's timely. It's just business. Bunch of people watching the verdict, great time to advertise the upcoming story, want to get that piece in before the general population loses interest and is on to a new hot news story.

I'm middle of the road on this. I get why people are disgusted. I was disgusted....so I just haven't watched it. (I actually never watch when she speaks because she's a sociopathic murderer and her words are valueless gobledygoop to me) But journalism is now also synonymous with sensationalism. And getting the scoop first is king. MOO! :seeya:

I have a question they may have been answered earlier.... So ALV.....when do we get to find out about that closed door meeting she had with the judge a while back? And would anything regarding that hearing/meeting make her unusable for the mitigating phase? :please:

Does anyone know if KCL was in the courtroom with Katie Wick on Thursday? I wonder if either of them are going to tell us what happened that court was cancelled, once the trial is completely over. I can't imagine the judge can do anything about telling others once the trial is complete. Katie Wick made a statement to the effect that they were allowed to say anything about what happened.

Also, does anyone remember where "The Egg" blog?? (don't remember the name) is? I would much appreciate if someone could provide me with a link.

So been gone all day, I assume court will resume Wednesday with Jodi in a straight jacket?

Just jumping off your post -- not singling you out...

While I am quite pleased with this verdict, I am taken aback by some of the rowdy displays I have seen regarding the verdict. The mob outside of the courthouse when it was announced, with their hoots, cheers, arm-pumping, etc. was insulting to the justice system. That kind of behavior would not be allowed in the courtroom, and it's inappropriate outside (or probably anywhere in public).

I know, it was fueled by high emotions (and media hype) after a very hard-fought battle, but this was not a World Series game or Super Bowl or NASCAR race win. It reminded me of the mobs at lynchings, beheadings & witch burnings in more barbaric times. This verdict was/is serious business. Expressing joy and satisfaction can be done respectfully and maturely.

(Sorry to be a wet blanket, but...)

I respectfully disagree. First of all I did not see a MOB. I saw concerned citizens who were celebrating for justice for a young man who was slaughtered.
You thought their actions were disrespectful? How would you suggest they show their appreciation that a slaughterer was not set free. I think the mob, as you call them, were showing their approval of a job well done.

You are not a wet blanket to me....no one and nothing can take away the respect I feel for Travis' family and those in our LE, the judicial system and the jurors who gave so much of themselves and worked so diligently to see that justice done. They all spoke for a young man who's voice was ripped from him. I saw JOB WELL DONE!!! :moo:

Sunday, 8PM on Discovery ID channel:

Dateline on ID (Late Breaking Special Editions)
Obsession: The Jodi Arias Story

Not sure if this is going to be a repeat of the Dateline episode tonight, or a new one

Does anyone know if KCL was in the courtroom with Katie Wick on Thursday? I wonder if either of them are going to tell us what happened that court was cancelled, once the trial is completely over. I can't imagine the judge can do anything about telling others once the trial is complete. Katie Wick made a statement to the effect that they were allowed to say anything about what happened.

Also, does anyone remember where "The Egg" blog?? (don't remember the name) is? I would much appreciate if someone could provide me with a link.

Not sure about KCL but found this, NEW POST!!

http://eggtreenews.wordpress.com/

I don't know if this was posted before, but I enjoyed the article. I'm really happy that Mr. Martinez has an impressive and loving significant other (although I admit to a twinge of envy). I wish him much happiness!

Is Juan Martinez married?

Aww. Maybe she will be in court when punishment is handed down!

:seeya: SyraKelly! Good to see you.

I'm not a journalist.... but I have a family member who is. And....I've TOTALLY taken a guided tour through CNN! :dance: (Which means what I'm about to say is worth slightly more than two cents, but not above five cents.)

MOO, this guy doesn't get to say when his piece is run. His producer does. Now if he were Brian Williams (or any nationally run veteran journalist), he might have some say.

They gotta run the piece when it's timely. It's just business. Bunch of people watching the verdict, great time to advertise the upcoming story, want to get that piece in before the general population loses interest and is on to a new hot news story.

I'm middle of the road on this. I get why people are disgusted. I was disgusted....so I just haven't watched it. (I actually never watch when she speaks because she's a sociopathic murderer and her words are valueless gobledygoop to me) But journalism is now also synonymous with sensationalism. And getting the scoop first is king. MOO! :seeya:

I have a question they may have been answered earlier.... So ALV.....when do we get to find out about that closed door meeting she had with the judge a while back? And would anything regarding that hearing/meeting make her unusable for the mitigating phase? :please:

OMG, do you think they'd be dumb enough to call her again? surely not. they must know ALV was the laughingstock of this trial.

i think we'll see mom, sister, someone like her middle school art teacher......yeah, like that.

Thinking of you chijojo....my mom died 12 years ago...Prayers.

As you go through your Mom things.....think the Happy Memories!! Keep her things that are important to you close to your heart!! You are still with your Mom in thought!!

Thank you so much!
I'm trying to smile and remember her but it's difficult. Every time I think about her I cry. I'm hoping getting back to N.C. and my chihuahua's will help.
I'm sending you prayers also. So sorry about your mom.

Ok...no more sadness!!!!

Happy Mother's Day everyone!!! ( I know it's early, but, so what!)

Here ya go! :) Hope this is what you meant..

http://eggtreenews.wordpress.com/category/travis-alexander-case/page/3/

BBM
I disagree. Jodi is not doing this to protect her family. Jodi does nothing unless it favors her.

As we know Jodi is a master of controlling and hiding her rage. And now that she's been convicted, she is raging at the thought that she lost and the Alexander's won. Remember, she initiated a plea deal. The Alexander's basically told her to frack off. She said fine, now I'll show you. Hence the reprehensible attack on Travis and her machinations to winnow sympathy with her DV claim. It didn't work. She played the ultimate game of chicken and lost BIG TIME.

Jodi never loses, she always exacts her revenge. Not this time and so she's in a rage. Her interview was cloaked in rage; still trying to manipulate in her favor. I have come to believe that the one thing Jodi does not want to do is have to face the Alexanders and listen to what they will say to her. For her, that is the ultimate punishment. It's like throwing water on the wicked witch.

That's why I don't think she cares about her family. If she did, she would beg for mercy and save her family the anguish of seeing her put to death.

Jodi is a sublime manipulator.

I agree. It's all about the arrogance.
She is about to receive her comeuppance and be humiliated by the Alexanders victim statements. In her eyes that can NOT be allowed to happen.
She will pull some histrionic stunt in court before this is over.

I think Jodi asked for the interview ONLY if she got murder1 for a reason. She knew once convicted she would be headed to federal prison, she did not want to go. So she did the interview and said what she said to stop it, make them take her to a hospital prison rather than the real one. I picture her in a straight jacket and padded cell as I post this and I love the thought of it. I have heard they can and they can not make her show up in court in her new striped fashions. I hope they do. As for taped victim responses, that defeats the purpose. Any victim/family member of a convicted felon should have the right to speak their mind in front of the person convicted of doing said crime. I pray the family of Travis gets to do that, and I so want Jodi in a striped outfit while they do it. NO REMORSE in this woman at all, she is full of hate and will take anyone she can down with her, she has been doing it and continues to do it. Jodi, it is over, time to pay for your (sorry, not allowed to say the rest)

I understand what people are saying about the crowds outside, but people needed to see justice here and felt emotionally invested, they needed to see that a jury would see through JA's lies especially the ones about Travis. That strategy disgusted people and there was a lot of fear around after the disappointment of the CA verdict ... The truth has prevailed over lies and people needed to come together to see it and celebrate the moment JMO :)

Oh my....I can't believe it. I think we're about to get rain which hasn't happened in like a year.

On my....I wish I'd known you needed some....we could have sent you lot...we have had more than we need for sure. The creeks and rivers are finally down and the country roads are mostly passable..

I think Travis's reputation was edified by her conviction. Everyone and I mean everyone knows she lies about everything especially the pedophilia. Travis has true friends and loved ones that hold their heads up high and are proud to call him friend. The "friends" of CMJA are only latching on to her for their 15 mins. of fame. God grant Travis eternal rest and let perpetual light shine upon him.

I share your beautiful thought for Travis and pray for his soul to rest in peace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member