aggravated waiting for the Aggravation phase #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i ALMOST worked in journalism. LOL. i almost got a job as an AP for the local CBS affiliate after my second semester. the evening anchor taught a couple of classes i took and thought i was good 'raw material' for that job. the day the final decision was to be made, the station got a new news director. he'd 'worked his way up from the mail room' and didn't want raw material----he wanted experience. so i finished my degree and promptly went back to nursing.

i don't know anything about the reporter except he said he thought she was being sincere. :facepalm:

OMG Did the reporter really say he thought she was sincere?? Then he is( as nicely as I can say it)....not bright

Yeah...it really does now that you point it out.

both the snow scene pics look like she's in a fake background.I wonder who took those.Well, maybe the background isn't fake- but the person in the foreground sure is.Very posed. Probably not taken during a day of frolicking in the snow.

Beth Karas ‏@BethKaras 26m

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/2...ias-told-fox-10-she-has-no-mitigating-factors
Arias told Troy Hayden in the post-verdict interview that Kirk Nurmi told her she has no mitigating factors.

idk but to me it sure sounds like the whole nurmi doesn't like me thing might have been her idea imo

I just saw the interview, and technically, she doesn't have any mitigating factors. You don't mitigate a Self Defense claim. The Judge might ask if they have anything to say before sentencing and basically all they can say is "she didn't commit 1st Degree Murder with premeditation your honor, the Jury is wrong, so we are still asking you let her go, she is innocent.

In a Self Defense Claim you are saying you broke no law, you should not be in prison... poor ol' innocent you walked in and you were attacked, so i guess you say don't put me to death because i'm innocent!

I believe her hard drive was damaged and the prosecution had some experts examining it. I never heard any more after that....

i remember reading that her hard drive was destroyed, but i can't find it now, the only thing i could find was a motion by nurmi to allow the defense to have the state turn over her hard drive so the could examin, in the minutes the discussion was sealed but the motion was denied, so idk, but imo it does sound like they couldn't get anything off of it or they would have let the defense see too like TA's??

I don't think JA would have been good enough at Photoshop to do that, I think her teeth have actually moved position .. she had braces at one point .. they're looking bad now hey?

does she have a lazy eye? I think her eyes look funny and have always thought this. Even the ones prior to Travis's murder.

I think I did see her grandparent's house had a ramp for a wheelchair, but it was shown real quick on either Dateline or 20/20 last night, or maybe I imagined it. It's a quaint little house you might see on a holiday card or in a ALV fairy tale fantasy.

She'll be busting a gut for a new trial, but unless some MAJOR flaw is found in the investigation .. as in Jodi had a secret twin and they got the wrong one, she ain't going to get one. Apart from THAT she's eternal toast.

I am confused about why she did not try and fabricate more childhood abuse, I mean really .. what's another lie or two at this stage?

Wow....wow...on one hand I'm speechless that she obviously had all her photos retouched somehow, but then I remember who we're dealing with!

idk. i do not think the teeth were photo shopped my teeth are doing the exact same thing - years and years after my teeth were straigntened because the teeth were still crowded in my mouth and my wisdom teeth started to come in

Hey everyone!

Once this is over and she is sitting on the Row I never want to see her ugly fake crazy face again!

does she have a lazy eye? I think her eyes look funny and have always thought this. Even the ones prior to Travis's murder.

Yes, definitely ... I think in a few short years she's going to look horrible.

Can one photo shop something like that REALY oh my.

I have Aperture. You'd be AMAZED at some of the things my friends can do with it.

I'm not that good at it but when I perfect it, I'm going to "fix" a photo and tape it over my head whenever I go out. lol

I just saw the interview, and technically, she doesn't have any mitigating factors. You don't mitigate a Self Defense claim. The Judge might ask if they have anything to say before sentencing and basically all they can say is "she didn't commit 1st Degree Murder with premeditation your honor, the Jury is wrong, so we are still asking you let her go, she is innocent.

In a Self Defense Claim you are saying you broke no law, you should not be in prison... poor ol' innocent you walked in and you were attacked, so i guess you say don't put me to death because i'm innocent!

I thought childhood trauma/abuse could be considered a mitigating factor? Yes/no?

I think I did see her grandparents house had a ramp for a wheelchair, but it was shown real quick on either Dateline or 20/20 last night, or maybe I imagined it. It's a quaint
little house.

Screenshot2013-05-11at110147AM_zpsc95c7232.png

I am mostly a lurker and I try to stay caught up here, but I might have missed someone else discussing this.

There have been questions about why Jodi didn't kill Travis immediately after arriving in Mesa or why she spent 13 hours there.
Something said on Dateline last night made me think. in discussing the Mormon religion and its view on premarital sex, the reporter said that, according to Mormon beliefs, if a person engaged in premarital sex and did not repent, he/she would be condemned to eternal damnation (I am paraphrasing).
Could that have been a motivation for Jodi? Do you think she purposely had sex with him before killing him, ensuring that he had no time to repent and be forgiven?
I know that sounds sick and twisted, but it is Jodi that we are talking about.

I posted almost the same exact thought just a short time ago, but you worded it so much better. I am tossing that idea around in my head, as it makes sense to me after that Dateline show.

Yeah, she's *advertiser censored*-eyed

I thought childhood trauma/abuse could be considered a mitigating factor? Yes/no?

yes! but mitigating for what? (in her case) she didn't kill him, she only defended herself! So it doesn't matter if she was ever abused growing up, she was attacked and defended herself.

if she admitted killing him and plotting it, then she would say OK i did it, but I grew up in a bad home and you can't blame me I went postal!

I have Aperture. You'd be AMAZED at some of the things my friends can do with it.

I'm not that good at it but when I perfect it, I'm going to "fix" a photo and tape it over my head whenever I go out. lol

LOL when I was working at an ad agency a lot of my 'down time' was taken up retouching peoples personal photos for Facebook :)

Lies, or even unverified accusations, should never be allowed in a court of law. The trial shouldn't be about how well can we snow the jury, but about finding out the truth.

Sadly, defenses seem to be more about hiding/perverting the truth to escape justice. Not the way it's supposed to work.

Yes, how awful for a jury trying to decide DP in the best of cases. Imagine how awful they'd feel if they voted to acquit instead, only to learn the defendant and her DT had completely falsified evidence! That creature could have been walking the streets freely!

I found it helpful to read the basic jury instructions.....

http://www.azbar.org/media/58832/2-standard_criminal_revised_2012.pdf

It is your duty to determine what the facts are in the case by determining what actually happened. Determine the facts only from the evidence produced in court........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member