aggravated waiting for the Aggravation phase #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Begging forgiveness in advance here because I'd like to point out that wooden spoons, paddles, belts, switches etc used as instruments to inflict punishment are not laughable to me. Sorry. I understand the light hearted dialogue and the meaning for sharing, but my experience still leaves me with such emotional pain and I can't find one moment of laughter given that my mother could not find any possible way to discipline without inflicting horrible pain because hurting us (her children) was the only thing she knew to do.

Every evening we were lined up naked following an evening bath, told to bend over the claw foot tub and we were spanked irregardless of the day's actions or infractions. It was an every day occurrence. If it wasn't the wooden spoon, it was a belt...or we were told to go outside and cut a switch, "and it better be a good one or I'll spank you twice and you'll realize that I mean business." And she did. Over and over again.

Our punishments were always on naked skin with the dreaded spoon, switch or belt. We learned early on that despite trying to live like kids do, my mother insisted on perfection and nothing less would be accepted.

When I was in college, my grandmother told me (while she was dying) that she was so proud of me and my accomplishments. She went on to say that she feared for years that my mother would go too far and she cried of embarrassment and humiliation for not interfering when she had the opportunity. She made me promise that I would never discipline my children as my mother had done to us.

Fast forward, I had just one child and I can promise this, I never laid a hand or other instrument on my child, never struck, and never popped my child. Never.

I'm not saying I was perfect nor was raising an only child easy either. I simply found other ways to deal with dosing discipline. I lived in an abusive environment at a time when children did not have rights. I chose to stop the cycle.

Just my experience.

Proud that you chose to show your love to your child by not hitting :love you:
But the sad thing is a lot of parents didn't or don't. I would trade jodi her "wooden spoon" for my plastic hanger any day! I think the jury probably thought her story was pretty ridiculous when in reality we all know of far more atrocious means of punishment gone overboard. :hugs:

Yes please! Dear lawyers can you make sure you include this in her wrongful death suit. Thank you.
Regarding grrraldo
Just thought of something! He did this with Casey Anthony. To get an exclusive with Jose Baez when she was acquitted. Mark my words when this trials over he will get an exclusive with nurmi or Jennifer. He's got a motive behind his madness, and you can mark my words on that one.:floorlaugh:
I'm surprised he hasn't showed up in court.

I'll wipe that smirk right off your face!.[/QUOTE]

Or this beauty----"I'll give you something to REALLY cry about"!!!

:drumroll:

I went through pretty much the exact same stuff ATOH. Scarily enough I started to do as I was taught from a young age...using hitting when people po'ed me off. And it was the norm-many people went through similar stuff. I hated and resented my dad for many years until I got into therapy and forgave him. Really truly forgave him. I have also had to do a lot of self-help so I don't repeat the cycle and use my brain to discipline instead of knee-jerk hitting.

Both of my parents went through even worse as kids....my dad the child of German immigrants with quick tempers and maybe some PTSD going on I don't know. It is a struggle every day...I inherited the hairtrigger temper and I am the sole parent with too much to do...it is a challenge.

:winkkiss:

What happened to her teeth? Was she wearing different teeth when she was on the loose?

omg!! he said why did they shooter who shot gabbey gifford and killed the others only got life and an abused woman is getting DP - cuz the other guy PLEAD OUT TO LWOP! and jodi refused cuz she thought she should get time served - omg!!!! :banghead: and SHE WAS NEVER ABUSED!!! :facepalm:

I knew as I watching him that by the time I got back here you wonderful sleuthers would be ALL OVER Geraldo.... I about had a fit when he said, "this WAS domestic violence..." If I don't stop yelling at my tv when this trial is brought up someone is going to have me hauled off :floorlaugh:

I have NEVER like that guy. Hated his old talk show too. I'd rather watch Jerry Springer.

i use to watch him on 20/20 and liked him there - haven't really watched him since then except for the vault disaster lol - but omg wth happened to him??

Photograph of Travis chasing around a naked 4 year old boy with a bible open pretending to be a CATHOLIC PRIEST!!!!

Whaaaaaaaaaaat??????!!!

Dont tell me she said this......

I cant even. How does she expect anyone to believe this crap?

Eta: oops...didnt mean to hit the ? Mark thingy lol

I think it was more staged. She says he was dressed up as a catholic priest and the boy was holding a bible. You could say poor taste, but to Jodi it was artistic and cute. She is vile for even mentioning this in that interview.

As important as his faith seemed to be to him, I cannot imagine TA would denigrate another faith to that extent, even in jest. I just cannot.

She felt safe with Ryan because she thought she now had her solid alibi. Period.

What makes it worse, he started out as a socially relevant journalist, writing exposes on the injustices of mental institutions and such back in the day...

I KNOW! And those articles SO interesting to me! Then he, like Maury, descended into tabloid television. So sad.

I was just googling, trying to find the pic that was in TAs closet of him and his dad. I won't try that again. Seems like no matter how innocently you word it it pulls up autopsy pics within the first few lines of results.
Those pictures literally horrify me, and I have looked at a lot of things pertaining to true crime, have been slightly grossed out but never felt like I do about these.
My point is, HOW can she bear to look at them?!?
I know, I know, sociopath, borderline, whatever, etc.
But still. I can not imagine murdering someone I hate with a passion, much less someone I once loved, and being able to even *glance* at those pictures.
DP her, please, and make it fast.

PS- I also have tremendous respect for anyone in the system who has to look at that as a part of their job. I don't think I would last a week.

Begging forgiveness in advance here because I'd like to point out that wooden spoons, paddles, belts, switches etc used as instruments to inflict punishment are not laughable to me. Sorry. I understand the light hearted dialogue and the meaning for sharing, but my experience still leaves me with such emotional pain and I can't find one moment of laughter given that my mother could not find any possible way to discipline without inflicting horrible pain because hurting us (her children) was the only thing she knew to do.

Every evening we were lined up naked following an evening bath, told to bend over the claw foot tub and we were spanked irregardless of the day's actions or infractions. It was an every day occurrence. If it wasn't the wooden spoon, it was a belt...or we were told to go outside and cut a switch, "and it better be a good one or I'll spank you twice and you'll realize that I mean business." And she did. Over and over again.

Our punishments were always on naked skin with the dreaded spoon, switch or belt. We learned early on that despite trying to live like kids do, my mother insisted on perfection and nothing less would be accepted.

When I was in college, my grandmother told me (while she was dying) that she was so proud of me and my accomplishments. She went on to say that she feared for years that my mother would go too far and she cried of embarrassment and humiliation for not interfering when she had the opportunity. She made me promise that I would never discipline my children as my mother had done to us.

Fast forward, I had just one child and I can promise this, I never laid a hand or other instrument on my child, never struck, and never popped my child. Never.

I'm not saying I was perfect nor was raising an only child easy either. I simply found other ways to deal with dosing discipline. I lived in an abusive environment at a time when children did not have rights. I chose to stop the cycle.
Just my experience.

BBM
((hugs))

omg!! he said why did they shooter who shot gabbey gifford and killed the others only got life and an abused woman is getting DP - cuz the other guy PLEAD OUT TO LWOP! and jodi refused cuz she thought she should get time served - omg!!!! :banghead: and SHE WAS NEVER ABUSED!!! :facepalm:

I know...apparently he didn't do his homework to find out that she refused to plead out to LWOP.

Just my experience.

I joke about this here, but I've also shared my own experience and cried about it here as well; many of us have. You have company here and are welcome. I know I never intend to offend with my humor.

I am sorry you still have a lot of conflict with your childhood experiences. I had a lot worse than the wooden spoon and belt, so I do understand your conflict. But, one day, as an adult, I was able to stand and say to them it was their problem, along with a few other choice things. I no longer accepted any fault or blame, and I was freeing my soul from them. I thank God He gave me the strength to do that, for the change it brought to my life is amazing. I refuse to live my life as a victim ... I don't consider myself a survivor. I consider myself a normal woman who can make good choices for myself and family, and leave the conflict with the ones that wish to live that way. Free your mind and soul, and live the life you want and be good to not only those you live,but to yourself too, Best wishes.

Just my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members