Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh..

PS anyone else see 20/20 special with re-inactment in model of crime scene.. was so much like HLN again Ratings?

Oh add get powerball ticket to my errand list ;)

Yes, I saw that. I think it was the actual Movie Set from the Lifetime movie that is being made. It was just way too elaborate, so I guessed it may have been the movie set.

It looked like a lot of money went into it.

I wondered if 20/20 got permission to use the Movie set for that brief part of their show?

ETA: It kind of looked like they were told not to touch anything on the set. It was so quick of a clip, it was like it was not their set. I looked at the details and they were amazingly accurate.

Where did you get info that she passed a lie detector test? I have never heard this.

I can't even start to remember where I read that. I've read so many things. But if I remember right, someone said she took one and passed, but it wasn't admissible in court. I didn't really think anything of it because liars often pass the test if they believe their own lies. If I come across it again, I'll gladly post it.

Good Afternoon

I have been reading her on and off today. Vinny Politan said Breaking News.
Jodi Arias's mother was turned away from visiting her daughter today. The reason being she is being moved back to Estrella (sp) today.
I hope that means everything will continue on Wednesday morning.

I heard that too....so, as you said, hopefully we are go for Wednesday!!

The persecuted one says she can't trust the one person she thought she could? Is she throwing Nurmi under the bus? Or are Jenny and Jodi breaking up? I feel sad... No, not really. Gonna need a bigger bus, though.

ETA: FSWTWWBFH

Well, I'm not sure I would totally agree with you about that. He was SO angry in that May 26th email it's hard to see why he would allow himself to be so vulnerable around someone he considered a sociopath. But I guess I could think of several reasons why he slept with her.
When I was in my early 20s, I had an abusive ex that I slept with a few times even after we broke up. I did it to placate/minimize the crazy until I was confident enough to deal with him on my terms. I had become adept at being physically present, but mentally/emotionally elsewhere--referred to it as survival mode--so it wasn't very different from when we were together as a couple. Once he knew it was over for good, he resorted to stalking my every move for more than a year. It was hell, but I got through it. I'm in the camp that thinks Travis willingly had sex with Jodi, but he may have done it thinking/hoping/praying that it would placate her and then she'd be on her way and out of his life for good.

Jeez--not one drop of authenticity in her. She steals anything.

Maybe not in this case. Quoting is not stealing. She probably DID instruct Donovan to use quotation marks, but it didn't happen. Too many characters for twitter, maybe? I'm not up on tweeting, myself ...

edited: because "tweeting myself" sounded a little dirty. I hope the comma works.

Please stop struggling to understand because no rational person ever will. I went to JAII soon after this trial started because I presumed she was innocent until I saw evidence otherwise. Everyone there had already made up their mind after opening statements & vowed to let nothing change it. Most of them seem to be able to understand why & how JA would commit such a horrific murder and are perfectly happy that she did. I'm just guessing but I think many of them have their own self esteem issues that cloud their judgement. I didn't want to go back to see for myself if they are still holding strong now but I have no doubt they still are.

Oh, well, my time to waste, I guess. Actually, I have to admit I went there to gloat, if only internally. Then I got kind of fascinated by the whole dynamic.

LOTS of believers in conspiracy theories. LOTS of support for Casey Anthony and Amanda Knox. LOTS of them have received death threats because of their support for JA. I think a psychology grad student could have a field day.

ETA: Yes, they still support her. They are trying to interest Project Innocence. They are also trying to figure out how to donate to her cause without funds falling into the hands of the money-grubbing Alexanders.

This has to be one of the most perplexing, if not THE most, things about this case. I don't think we'll ever have an answer.

i'm sure there was a part of him that still had feelings for her. he knew she wasn't 'right' for him but probably kept falling for her crap. i've been guilty of this myself. when i was younger i dated a guy for five years that would do destructive things to my property when he was jealous and i stayed with him because i believed he would change. now i was maybe 19 and travis was almost 30, but i think his 'dating' experience in a sexual relationship was probably equivalent to someone younger and didn't know better. luckily i escaped my weirdo boyfriend, travis was not so lucky. had he lived, he would have gleaned much life experience from that relationship and probably had gone on to marry and spot psycho behaviour from other women before he got involved.

The persecuted one says she can't trust the one person she thought she could? Is she throwing Nurmi under the bus? Or are Jenny and Jodi breaking up? I feel sad... No, not really. Gonna need a bigger bus, though.

Well duh.. she killed him...

She better Edify her fellow Death Row Mates, it will be a long winter...

:desert:

Why is everyone making up initials to go before JA when talking about Jodi?

If you're trying to copy what was done for FCA it doesn't make any sense. The reason why we used ICA (I=inmate or incarcerated) then FCA (F=Felon) was because there were too many people with the initial of CA in that case (Cindy, Casey, Caylee). It really had nothing to do with their legal standing but needed to be done to distinguish one from another.

I think it's just gratifying to posters to be able to say "convicted killer" before her initials.

Someone on fb said they were trying to put money in CKJA's account, but got an error. They said it stated too many transactions were being made, simultaneously. My question is, what happens to all that money when she's transferred to another facility?

I sincerely hope Travis' family can somehow get it. TIA.

ETA: FSWTWWBFH

New word I am making up: perosecuted

Now everyone use it!
Will check urban dictionary a year from today.

Where did you get info that she passed a lie detector test? I have never heard this.

I found this on WildAboutTrials Jodi Arias discussion...

Quote:
Although the defendant does not explain exactly what her polygraph evidence will purport to show, the Court believes its purpose will be the same as that asserted in Harrod - to express her innocence of the crime. Such evidence is irrelevant in the penalty phase of a capital case.
IT IS ORDERED denying the defendant’s Motion to Allow Jury to Consider Polygraph Results During Sentencing Phase.

http://wildabouttrial.com/forum/showthread.php?pid=13798

Maybe not in this case. Quoting is not stealing. She probably DID instruct Donovan to use quotation marks, but it didn't happen. Too many characters for twitter, maybe? I'm not up on tweeting myself ...

That's my favorite part of the whole tweeting by proxy thing. That lovely fresh daisy of a messenger is being entrusted to deliver the genius-speak. heh

I found this on WildAboutTrials Jodi Arias discussion...

Quote:
Although the defendant does not explain exactly what her polygraph evidence will purport to show, the Court believes its purpose will be the same as that asserted in Harrod - to express her innocence of the crime. Such evidence is irrelevant in the penalty phase of a capital case.
IT IS ORDERED denying the defendant’s Motion to Allow Jury to Consider Polygraph Results During Sentencing Phase.

http://wildabouttrial.com/forum/showthread.php?pid=13798

"People" who are dead inside can pass polygraph tests.

Plagiarism is what she does best.

Such an odd thing to do. She could have just tweeted it as a quotation and it would have the exact same meaning to her "supporters."
Self-edification FAIL, Jodi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member