Aggravated waiting for the aggravation phase #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OT Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful loving mothers on this thread who would go to the ends of the earth for their children. And to those who have lost a child to violence,accident or illness..... Ttday,as always must be a heartbeaking day. Hugs and prayers to you. And to the women who never had children of their own but filled in the gap by loving, mentoring and giving hope to the wounded, neglected and abused children of this world... you are the extra mothers of the world.

ALV lied on the stand. He called her on it during cross. And re-cross. She admitted to lying. How insignificant she insisted the lie was is irrelevant.

So he wasn't imparting his opinion that she lied. It's on the record.

If I recall correctly, he also accused several other witnesses of lying and there was no proof.

Good Morning ALL and Happy Mother's Day.

I keep (yesterday, today) getting email notifications on "status changes" for court, but nothing is showing up on the case history yet. I have to wonder what is going on....

I am a first time poster and I have a thought/question. In his closing argument, JM called out ALV as lying during testimony. The DT never objected. I have never known of a defense "expert" allowed to be classified as this even in closing arguments. I am assuming that her entire testimony was impeached in chambers by JSS and that opened the door for JM to openly remark that she lied before the jury?

Welcome! He impeached her a couple of times and pointed it out in open court concerning her never being a keynote speaker when he was doing it also.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I think the judge has already OK'ed it, apparently it is the judge's discretion to allow it or not.

If I recall correctly, he also accused several other witnesses of lying and there was no proof.

Respectfully I disagree. Just because we see no "proof" in no way means that there is none. Juan Martinez' reputation is impeccable from what I've seen of "documented proof". IMO.

ETS- I've no idea why the additional Schuby quote attached? Sorry 'bout that, but I do agree it's the judge's call.

So, I watched the Geraldo "special" last night because I wanted to see the entire post conviction interview she gave-- did you all hear the part where she said her defense team did not bother to find witnesses that saw her bruises--and they did not think the picture she had on her hard drive of Travis chasing a little naked boy (while Travis was holding a Bible) was significant to her pedophilia accusations, so they did not use it?

Come on-- if the defense knew these people, or this evidence was out there and credible, they would have used it.

She is so delusional.

Nurmi is getting thrown under the bus--now everything is going to be HIS fault. Just one more person for her to blame.

Respectfully I disagree. Just because we see no "proof" in no way means that there is none. Juan Martinez' reputation is impeccable from what I've seen of "documented proof". IMO.

Word.

I've rarely seen another professional meticulously cross so many T's and dot so many I's.

Impeachment isn't a formal process. A witness is impeached during trial when evidence is put forth that indicates they lied about something. It's up to the jury to decide if there was evidence that impeached ALV.

Are you a lawyer Schuby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member