Aggravated waiting for the aggravation phase #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
While they don't, some are much more inauthentic in appearance than others.

E.g., (o)(o) vs. (x)(x) vs. (*)(*) vs. (.)(.), etc.

I believe the equality is:
inauthenticity of appearance ∝ (final boob size - initial boob size)

I almost commented on that myself when I first saw it. It made me sick to watch her eat. It also made me ill when she was snapping pics of Travis doing the chicken dance. She ran through the frame manically with her hair flying. Made my skin crawl.

Ewww, yes. Only taking photos of him. As if she had been sent there by Sports Illustrated.

I read it a few years ago and tried to get everyone I knew to read it.

It's such a well written and well thought out book. I bought a few more books by Lionel Shriver but those weren't as atmospheric or intoxicating as this one. She really got into the heart and mind of the mother.

The letters and where the letters lead and the crucial bits of info that she withholds until just when you think you can't take anymore, she drops another bomb.

I could not put the book down until I read it all. The mother is fascinating and smart and savvy yet cold, detached and dispassionate. And the way she feels about Kevin ... that was a shocking position for a protagonist, don't you think?

I don't want to give any thing important away and I could discuss this book forever. I'm a geek. I know. :blushing:

Saw a chunk of the movie but it was missing something. It was bleak and cold and stark in a way that the book wasn't. Does that make sense, Nymeria? I thought the book enveloped you and held you there while the movie seemed so empty.

I liked the actress who portrayed the mother. Tilda something? She was very good. Not quite what I envisioned while reading the book but a really good choice. The movie wasn't quite worthy of her performance.

Signing off now on this subject. :floorlaugh:

I actually had never heard of the book until I saw the movie. I just posted the link because the movie was so chilling to me that I thought it should be noted that it was also a book.
Honestly I don't know if I could read the book, the movie hit me in a strange way (I knew a kid who was kind of like that when young, and adulthood is not going much better for him). But maybe I will, since your description sounds pretty interesting.
BTW, Tilda Swinton played the Mom in the movie. She was very good, heartbreakingly so. John C. Reilly was great as the Dad also. I doubt I would watch it again though, it just left me so sad afterwards.
I am getting wimpy as I get older, think I will stick to fictional horror (I geek out when Halloween rolls around, I spend all month prepping for it and watching all the October/Halloween TV scheduling!).

To piggy back off your quote, I have been trying to think of the one thing (given all these traits) that if I could, say to her, that would cut her to the core. Not the usual, you are hated, you are despicable...she's use to hearing that.

Just the one thing.............that would shake her being. I cant figure out what it would be. :banghead:

I think I would just hand her a copy of "1000 Places To See Before You Die" and laugh......:seeya:

If you want to see the tranformation of a murderer from a year or so in jail to several years on Death Row, check out this post which, ironically is post #666 (totally unplanned).

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208594&page=27

Just like that guy who just hanged himself--his physical transformation was stark, too. He shot his wife and 5 year old daughter to death.

I think it's the isolation that does it to them--they are no longer able to manipulate people--that's where they suck their energy from. When they're in their small cement cage on Death Row, all they have is themselves & they are mutants.

I just can't wait for Jodi Ann to get her ticket to the death house. And I can't wait to document her evolution into even an uglier creature.

I think she thrived in there (jail) because she didn't have to do anything for herself in the way of surviving......no bills, no worries about the next meal, no "keep up with the jones's as far as clothes etc, etc. Parasites often do well when incarcerated. Her problem now is that all along she could pretend there was an end date to all of it.........she was still going to have that great husband, house, nice clothes and blond hair again. This verdict has thrown her off her rocker because there is nothing better to look forward to. I however, think she will adapt well to long term in prison as long as it is in general population. JMO

I think she could have done the 20 years for 2nd degree standing on her head (so to speak). She would have to do 85% in AZ and already done almost 5 (4 years 10 months)...she would be free at about 46 years old. I think she lost it when the deal was refused. She knew damn well that she'd be convicted of first degree if this went to trial. She knew then she would never get out of jail so she would take it out on Travis and his reputation and his family.

Lol, with a Starbucks logo gang tat.

She'll have to get in line:

starbucks_tattoo_by_ravynjwulfe-d4nu4m8.jpg

3570362140_c0649357bf.jpg

1468_5ca9_960.jpeg

So I havent posted yet, but this remark is worth coming out of lurking for...

On Thursday I picked up my Granddaughter from school. We arrived home at my condo 4pm (ET) and she began to create art in the playroom, while I scurried to the living room turning on TV as not to miss any of the aggravation phase.
My 7 yr.old Lyssa came into the room and asked me "Grandma what does murder mean?"
Yikes!
So I gently explained, leaving out unnecessary information.
We watched together hearing court was canceled. Observing the EMT's bringing a stretcher into the building, my granddaughter commented, "I guess that girl murdered somebody again."!!!

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: This is absolutely priceless!!!

This is the same Dateline show from Friday night (the one with Josh Mankowicz). If it is, then it's pretty good. Beats the heck out of the 20/20 broadcast aired on (I believe it was) Thursday.

I'm recording it but I too thought it sounded like the same one that aired on NBC

To piggy back off your quote, I have been trying to think of the one thing (given all these traits) that if I could, say to her, that would cut her to the core. Not the usual, you are hated, you are despicable...she's use to hearing that.

Just the one thing.............that would shake her being. I cant figure out what it would be. :banghead:

I really liked the suggestion from a poster (sorry, can't remember who) a few weeks back about walking into the court room with a full Strawberry Frapp from Starbucks and just dumping it in the garbage right in front of her.

Also,

I believe the equality is:
inauthenticity of appearance ∝ (final boob size - initial boob size)

Probably a rounding error :drumroll:[video=youtube;oShTJ90fC34]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oShTJ90fC34[/video]

She'll have to get in line:

starbucks_tattoo_by_ravynjwulfe-d4nu4m8.jpg

3570362140_c0649357bf.jpg

1468_5ca9_960.jpeg

Wow. I was about to say they're going to feel really stupid when Starbucks isn't cool anymore but realized that day already came. So, okay, they aren't worried about looking cool but what are they going to do if Starbucks someday goes under or changes their logo?

Anyone else think the dismissed jurors are just dying for the conclusion of the trial so they can contact their new friends, the remaining jurors, and tell them everything about JA that was left out of the trial?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member