Aggravated waiting for the aggravation phase #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There seems to be some confusion about premeditated versus felony murder. I was confused too but I understand it much better now. JM asked the jurors to find JA guilty of both premeditated and felony murder. That means they are not mutually exclusive. It also does not mean that jurors believe Travis owned a gun. It just means that after the first stab wound JA was no longer a welcome guest in Travis' home and she stayed on uninvited to commit a felony i.e. butchering of Travis Alexander.

This is exactly the way I understand it as well Rose.

:genie::genie::genie::genie:

....been doing my DP dance all week....
:hot::hot:.....whoo....good exercise! :floorlaugh:

...waiting for the tolling bell again.....

I think the "burglary" is the underlying felony. JM was explaining to the jury what burglary was: being somewhere unlawfully (no longer being a welcome visitor) and then stealing something or committing a felony.

http://www.jacksonwhitelaw.com/criminal-defense-law/2013/03/11/what-is-arizonas-felony-murder-rule/

JM used "Burglary" as the felony crime. Juan mentioned the "no longer welcome" part and being somewhere unlawfully when explaining that in this case Jodi would have committed a burglary if she had taken TA's gun like she claims.

"Second Degree Burglary:
A.R.S. § 13-1507
A person commits burglary in the second degree by entering or remaining unlawfully in or on a residential structure with the intent to commit any theft or any felony therein.
Burglary in the second degree is a class 3 felony."

So burglary is the felony in "felony murder". ETA: the stabbing can be considered as the felony in the burglary though. But the felony in felony murder is burglary. Lol, did I express that right?
He explains it all starting at 39:50 in this video
Jodi Arias Murder Trail Day 55. Juan Martinez Closing Argument finished. - YouTube
:moo:

Burglary in AZ is defined as entering onto the property of another with the intent to commit any theft or any felony thereon. (murder) So both posters are right.

http://www.arizonacriminaldefenseblog.com/2008/what-is-the-crime-of-burglary-in-arizona/

The proxy server thing works!
How dumb are they to ban people who just visit..then say that's where to give $$?? LOL..that's thinking with their gas cans!

Nellie N I have to agree with you about Detective Flores, outstanding job. After watching the lengthy videos, I knew I could never do that job. Don't know how anyone has that kind of patience!

I have a general question: if you were on this jury, would you be able to give Jodi Arias the death penalty?

BBM

I believe it. JA wants to be the centre of attention at all times. There's no way she'll sit back and let TA's family and Dr. Horn have the last word. She will continue to shovel her bs until she is in solitary confinement in prison.

She is a disgusting waste of oxygen. A psychopathic murderer.

You mean she is a disgusting waste of peanut butter!! Sorry...had to get that out. Back to lurking for the moment....:lurk:

Good Morning All You Seekers of Justice, well today finally came and now we are in countdown. I am sure things will be at least 20 minutes late, but par for the court. Anyway I deleted my avatar for today, in an effort to help the board not lock us out. The ribbons and all are great, but Justice is being served and I look forward to adding a new avatar - que A News Junkie, after court ends for the day. Can't wait for my Juan fix, I have the beginnings of withdrawal happening. What will we do when the case ends???

Justice for Travis and Strength and Grace to his Family.

Love, love, love Janine Driver's take on things. She sure has Jodi's number ...and friends.....so does the jury! http://t.co/t9DvNb0Yar

All I can tell you this morning is be happy that justice was served and part two is very near.

In the words of Detective Flores, "This is over Jodi. This is absolutely over!"

I am claiming total and complete victory for this family right now. They will have their say and she WILL get the death penalty. I'm praying for their strength today as they let it all out. Thank goodness they are surrounded by their extended family and so many of their / Travis' dear friends. America, indeed the whole world will be sitting up straight in our seats watching them and sending them love and resolve. They will get through it and they will do Travis proud. Folks find they have an amazing capacity when the truth is on their side.

Jodi can draw and roll her eyes all day long. No one cares what SHE wants. The jury will be listening with their hearts and minds to what Travis' siblings want. They want her to fade into obscurity and die. The jury is going to give them that.

May God bless all of you who donated to help them remain for this long battle, and may God bless all of you who prayed. It mattered!

I think that's what I said. Or tried to atleast. :floorlaugh: That the felony in the felony of burglary can be "theft" or "murder" but the felony in felony murder is "burglary".

Some of them were likely so taken to church by how powerful the truth Juan Martinez was proving was, they may have been like....whatever Juan Martinez is selling, I'll take two. He asked me to find for both....I'm with Juan, all day long.

I've always been against the death penalty but Jodi Arias made me pro- for a while. But I can feel myself going back to my old stance...

Hmm.

Some of them were likely so taken to church by how powerful the truth Juan Martinez was proving was, they may have been like....whatever Juan Martinez is selling, I'll take two. He asked me to find for both....I'm with Juan, all day long.

tumblr_m9135pCT8e1rry9ec.gif

I've always been against the death penalty but Jodi Arias made me pro- for a while. But I can feel myself going back to my old stance...

Hmm.

I'm not one would consider pro Death Penalty but in do think it's warranted in certain cases. This being one of those cases.

I do want DP for FJA but I don't care if in 10 years they overturn it to LWOP. After spending all those years, fearing if today will be the day, in virtual isolation will without a doubt drive her completely off the rails. Then, she'll be thrown into the general population. She will "melt" like the iceberg she is.

I have a general question: if you were on this jury, would you be able to give Jodi Arias the death penalty?

Absolutely, unequivocally YES. That thing has NO redeeming human value whatsoever, she has contributed absolutely NOTHING to society. NOTHING. The ONLY thing this thing has done is cause havoc, wrath, evil, pain and sorrow.

The SOONER this world is rid of her the better.

BBM

I believe it. JA wants to be the centre of attention at all times. There's no way she'll sit back and let TA's family and Dr. Horn have the last word. She will continue to shovel her bs until she is in solitary confinement in prison.

She is a disgusting waste of oxygen. A psychopathic murderer.

ITA

This will be Jodi's last chance to have the jury's attention so she can continue to spew her venom and lies. She needs to get her point across at any cost until the court order for interviews is removed.

She will not vanish slowly into the night. Once the motion is removed she will be back doing as many interviews as possible. After all, we ALL got it wrong. There will be reporters breaking her door down trying to get an interview. Imagine in your lifetime getting an interview with a monster that can slaughter someone they profess to love and talk about him now like he is worthless and a piece of carp. According to Jodi, he deserved to die and that is more and more evident as her interviews continue.
:stormingmad: :stormingmad:

Give it time.

Hopefully, she will get the DP and we will see her slowly wilt away piece by piece. Her looks and her brazen personality. She needs an audience to survive. With the DP she will be so isolated and will no longer be the "Queen of the Cell Block"

:rockon: :rockon:

Hmm.

Here is my stance on the DP because I am not always for it.

There must be no doubt that person was the perpetrator of the murder. Even if you feel pretty strongly about it, there must be no reasonable doubt in your mind. Jodi admits she did it, so no problems there.

After that, the person should demonstrate a certain level of remorse or shame for what they'd done. What were the circumstances and is the person truly sorry and remorseful for what they'd done? Even if they demonstrate this remorse, is it believable? Is it passive aggressive in nature?

Is the person able to be rehabilitated? Is what ever caused the person to be able of murder going to be there forever? Will this person ever contribute to society? Will they ever not be a danger? Basically, are they a psychopath?

I used to be against the DP, but now I see the value in it. What is the point of keeping a murderous psychopath alive? They'll never not be a danger, they'll never not be a psycopath, they will never not be a drain on society. They work in such a way that if push comes to shove, they can manipulate and dupe people, leaving misery and distruction in their wake, and they are capable of killing and moving on with their lives like nothing ever happened. Killing is like watering the garden for them. It's a reasonable means to an end. Sure, keeping them in prison forever is a good option. But, like I said, what's the point of even bothering with them? They are like a rabid dog. There's no fixing that so just get rid of them.

That's my take and that's why I would have no problem giving Jodi the DP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dp203dumpspdf