Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading news articles right now and I just read this:

Nurmi, meanwhile, argued that Arias had snapped in the "sudden heat of passion" in the moments between a photograph she took showing Alexander alive and taking a shower, and a subsequent picture of his apparently dead body covered in blood.

Not that I MIND in the least, but I wonder why they didn't argue "heat of passion" from the beginning.

No room for doubt JA killed TA in a vicious attack.
Per JM she killed TA 3 times. If not this admitted murderer then who for the DP. Someone who kills several people.....JA is as deserving of death as any murderer ever.

She could have stopped, called for help, went back after leaving..she has no remorse. DP for JA.

I think that's what I said. Or tried to atleast. :floorlaugh: That the felony in the felony of burglary can be "theft" or "murder" but the felony in felony murder is "burglary".

Sorry Nali :blushing:, guess my 02 level in the brain is low from puffing on the treadmill. :blowkiss:

BBM

I believe it. JA wants to be the centre of attention at all times. There's no way she'll sit back and let TA's family and Dr. Horn have the last word. She will continue to shovel her bs until she is in solitary confinement in prison.

She is a disgusting waste of oxygen. A psychopathic murderer.

ITA She will speak because she is Jodi. Jodi loves to hear the sound oc her own lies

I have a general question: if you were on this jury, would you be able to give Jodi Arias the death penalty?

As a person who finds it hard to even hurt an insect I say YES, I'd be able to give her the death penalty and never lose a moment's peace.

Good beautiful morning Sleuthers! :)
The sun is out, but it's raining here LOLOL I'll take that as a sign that the DP is on the way :)
On an even better note, I've now lost 4 of the pounds I gained watching this trial LOL My nervous eating and too much sitting on my butt really did add up!
I have to work today but will try to get back here ASAP to watch along with you all. I'm going to be at the park late this afternoon with my grandson but my cell will be ever present :)
I was talking on the phone with my daughter this AM as she was going thru the drive thru at Dunkin...I didn't know...of course I was talking a mile a minute about the goings on...I happened to get to the part where I think JA set up Travis with that phone tape...I repeated a few things that were said....OMG! LOL My daughter had a fit...apparently the girl at the window may have heard a few snippets of my rant...the look on her face must have been priceless...I got a 'thanks, MOM!' LOL My kids have their own cross to bear....she lives at the beach and has a big mouth :)

:genie::genie::genie::genie:

....been doing my DP dance all week....
:hot::hot:.....whoo....good exercise! :floorlaugh:

...waiting for the tolling bell again.....

Hey basilcat! :seeya:

I'm onto my third cup of caffeine (even a tiny shot gets me all active so imagine!) today and I'm ready to dance for Justice! :dance::skip::skip::loveyou:

Sorry Nali :blushing:, guess my 02 level in the brain is low from puffing on the treadmill. :blowkiss:

:blushing::blushing:
Oh_stop_it_you.png

It's my fault. I could've put that into words better lol

Good Morning WS,

Judging by the amount of people posting this early, I guess we are all excited at what is to take place today.
I see the twit has been tweeting again. Everyone elses fault but hers. When will she get a clue this is all her fault.
Waiting to see her demeanor today and that of her team. Should be enlightening. I hope there are more than one armed guard with their finger on the stun button. They just might need to push it today...unless she is heavily and I mean heavily medicated.

I have a general question: if you were on this jury, would you be able to give Jodi Arias the death penalty?

No, I wouldn't.*

I wavered from a long held anti-DP position during the course of this trial. There have been some truly excellent, deeply thoughtful and very persuasive posts on this very forum about it, but ironically Juan Martinez's use of the John Donne quote during his closing argument brought me back around to my original position.

Lock her up and throw away the key.

*Can someone explain what it means to be a 'Death Penalty Qualified' Juror? I have a feeling I would not have made the cut. ;)

I took typing way back my freshman year with old Remington typewriters that had blank keys. There was a large pull down like a map in front of the class that we had to stare at to figure out what keys we had our fingers on. Now that's cruel! I caught on pretty good and suggested it to my grandchildren who have been on computers since they were 3. They have a funky type of typing that moves there fingers just right. It's bizarre to watch but they are accurate and fast as heck.

Turn the lights off! Were you anywhere near an Ohio school back then?

:seeya:

If I had to lay money on Jodi's future, it doesn't look very good. I say premed, 1st degree, the death penalty. jmo

South St. Louis County -- Ya gotta 'Show Me'.

Jodi's problems with the jury are, in this order: The evidence, and herself.

No, I wouldn't.*

I wavered from a long held anti-DP position during the course of this trial. There have been some truly excellent, deeply thoughtful and very persuasive posts on this very forum about it, but ironically Juan Martinez's use of the John Donne quote during his closing argument brought me back around to my original position.

*Can someone explain what it means to be a 'Death Penalty Qualified' Juror? I have a feeling I would not have made the cut. ;)

I think it means that every juror has responded affirmatively to the question of whether, under appropriate circumstances, they could sentence a defendant to death. If they could never envision doing that, such a potential juror would be excused.

HTH

Great question. I think I'd go with what the Alexander's wanted. After enduring the hell that they have, I'd defer to them for the final judgement.

I do think that LWOP would be worse then DP for her. Once this story loses its steam in the media Arias will lose her sought after status with reporters and we won't hear from her until appeal/carrying out death penalty. I think making her spend every day of her life locked up in isolation til she's old and gray would be the worst sentence for her (although at the rate they execute people she could get old and gray even if she got the death penalty.. )

I have a question if anyone knows: If she didn't get the death penalty would she still be locked up 23 hrs a day?

Some of them were likely so taken to church by how powerful the truth Juan Martinez was proving was, they may have been like....whatever Juan Martinez is selling, I'll take two. He asked me to find for both....I'm with Juan, all day long.

uh huh

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Hi Nali87,

I am not a Death Penalty advocate....but in this case I would turn that decision over to the family. If they want her dead than so be it.

They say it will be 12 to 15 years before she is put to death. In that time she will live in complete isolation , unable to interact with anyone. That is how it should be, locked away in a dark closet with only Jodie and her other personalities for company.

No, I wouldn't.*

Prior to being selected as a juror for a capital murder case potential juror is asked a series of questions regarding their views on the DP.

Do they oppose the DP? Can they vote for DP is the facts are proven, can they overcome their opposition of DP if they come to a verdict of murder ....then they become death penalty qualified.

Lawyers for both sides can question the potential juror extensively regarding their DP view before accepting them or rejecting them.

I could vote to give Jodi the death penalty. There is no way that the Alexander family will ever get any peace with Jodi's tweets and interviews (which she will continue until the day she dies). She will not shut up! She will keep assassinating Travis's character. What is she going to say today? "Trust me. None of those stab wounds hurt. You want to talk about pain? I once nicked myself with a razor blade. Now that's real pain."

I don't know that much about the aggravation phase. I thought the prosecutor had to prove that she killed Travis in an extremely cruel way. Is the defense going to try to prove that what she did WASN'T extremely cruel, or is Jodi going to come back with her claims of self-defense and her "fog" and say again that she doesn't remember stabbing him at all?

If she acts like she has remorse, we all will know that she is lying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member