Aggravated waiting for the aggravation phase #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Rose:seeya: I haven't seen the movie, but it sounds like it's showing part of the story only. Have you watched Deadly Women with Candice Delong? It was one of the shows Candice appears on...anyway, Candice presents both sides of the story. Betty's ex husband and new wife Linda tormented Betty. Linda as much told Betty she was ugly, old, fat and stupid. I believe they drove her over the edge and Candice says as much. I feel sorry for Betty, in that I don't believe she would have gone crazy if Dan had handled the affair/divorce a different way. Not an excuse to kill in any way, but definitely a mitigating factor towards receiving 2nd degree.

Hey Blue water Girl. :) I'll have to disagree with you. Being called ugly/old/fat/stupid and having an ugly divorce cannot be considered mitigating factors. More like motives to murder someone in this specific case. If Betty did premeditate the murders then even being 'abused' cannot change a first degree murder into second degree. Mitigating factors come into play only during sentencing. Reading about all the violent things Betty did to her ex husband's property etc....Yikes! Betty could not, would not move on. I shudder to think about what this woman will do once she gets out of prison. No remorse to this day which is why parole is denied to her. Sorry but I feel no pity at all. If everyone who is called nasty names and goes through an ugly divorce murders their ex then... :scared:

I have a basic catch up question after re watching the interviews today. I thought the old saying was that after you confess anything can and will be used against you in a court of law. How did they bring in the tape of her in the interview room before she was arrested. sorry for the backtrack but I have been here since the beginning and I am second guessing and trying to figure that one out right now

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Are you talking about the interview with Flores where she is in street clothes? I believe she is under arrest at that point. She arrived in the interview room in handcuffs and it's the reason she's barefoot.

Someone tell me I'm not crazy. JA's verdict was handed down on Wednesday, May 8th. After the verdict she gave the interview. Later that night she was transferred to Lower Buckeye. How could the Sheriff's office send out a press release on May 8th stating that she has been released from suicide protocol and has been transferred back to Estrella? Have I not had enough coffee this morning?

A lot of times with releases to press pools, the same website/page is used without changing the date. I saw this happen with the CT State Police updates on the Newtown School shootings.

Because this was tweeted by a familiar reporter, it appears legit to me.

Hi Rose:seeya: I haven't seen the movie, but it sounds like it's showing part of the story only. Have you watched Deadly Women with Candice Delong? It was one of the shows Candice appears on...anyway, Candice presents both sides of the story. Betty's ex husband and new wife Linda tormented Betty. Linda as much told Betty she was ugly, old, fat and stupid. I believe they drove her over the edge and Candice says as much. I feel sorry for Betty, in that I don't believe she would have gone crazy if Dan had handled the affair/divorce a different way. Not an excuse to kill in any way, but definitely a mitigating factor towards receiving 2nd degree.

ITA, Dan provoked her every time he could. Of course he shouldn't have died, but the way he tormented the mother of his children in front of them made me sick. Dan got some kick out of tormenting Betty and he paid for it big time.

The way both of them used those children as pawns against the other was sickening & criminal. For that alone Betty deserves prison.

I think the book I read was Forsaking All Others and the way Dan, big time lawyer, manipulated the courts at Betty's expense made me want to take a few shots at him myself, it wasn't even close to fair.

Just think of the outcome for him, his wife and his kids if he had taken the high road. No, he wasn't required to, but that's what makes someone a family hero, not a dead guy with a hateful wife.

Thanks, I agree as I chose NOT to watch it. I KNEW it would pizz me off. Never have and won't watch it. Nope. Never.

I haven't watched it either Really. Maybe in a few years if I even still remember her and she's been sitting on DR for a bit I will bring myself to, but not now. I don't really care what she has to say.

It really bugs me that https://www.facebook.com/Justice4Travis
is targeting JA's sister.

I would post, but there's no way I'm gonna let my name be tracked there.

:moo: That site has been very reliable, IMO ...

JMO and MOO ... but they are NOT "targeting" JA's sister : Angela put herself in the "limelight" with her remarks ...

:waitasec: Obviously, seeking attention runs in this family ...

:moo:

He's a reporter for pete's sake, not a social worker or censor.

While I agree a lot of that stuff was offensive, the choice is not to watch it, not demand people censor the news so it's pure pablum.

The jury has not seen or heard it. Give them some credit.

Jodi's hanging herself. It's not the job of a reporter to stop her.

I agree. His job is to get information out and increase his stations ratings, not be a social worker. If we knew he had a interview but was holding it for the appropriate time, we'd be complaining. It just provides confirmation that she totally believes her own lies.

Hey Blue water Girl. :) I'll have to disagree with you. Being called ugly/old/fat/stupid and having an ugly divorce cannot be considered mitigating factors. More like motives to murder someone in this specific case. If Betty did premeditate the murders then even being 'abused' cannot change a first degree murder into second degree. Mitigating factors come into play only during sentencing. Reading about all the violent things Betty did to her ex husband's property etc....Yikes! Betty could not, would not move on. I shudder to think about what this woman will do once she gets out of prison. No remorse to this day which is why parole is denied to her. Sorry but I feel no pity at all. If everyone who is called nasty names and goes through an ugly divorce murders their ex then... :scared:

My take on Dan Broderick was that he developed a plan of action with Betty that involved trying to get her to behave better (not leave threatening messages or call people names, including the kids). You can say he was controlling or even manipulative, and there's an argument to be made for that. My own opinion is that he tried something that didn't work, but nevertheless kept doing the same thing over and over. It was not helpful to the situation. In the end, though, I'm not sure there was anything he could do.

I did get annoyed with Dr. Drew on this one last night. Been a couple of times over the past week where Mike Eiglarsh and another lawyer on the panel had more insight into mental health issues/corrections protocol. Drew does operate in a vacuum a lot of the time.

Seems like Dr. Drew is really confusing a 5150 psychiatric hold with what happened to JA. I may be wrong, but I don't think that a prisoner has the same protections in psychiatric holds as someone in the general population. Her 72 hour period that Sheriff Joe announced would have ended on Saturday, or a weekend. Keep her in that padded cell for the 72 hours (or longer) and if there was no need for a bed/cell in Lower Buckeye, wait until Monday to transfer her back to Estrella.

One other reason that they may have kept her a bit longer is the suicide of Milo Stanley, an Arizona DR inmate, this past Friday, 5/10/13. No way Arizona wants another suicide on their record, especially with the high visibility of this case.

Yes and Jean C. and Beth K. clearly pointed out that in the whatever statute regarding this, it says words alone can make it necessary to put them on suicide watch.
I think Arpaio heard the interview, where she used WORDS indicating she didn't want to live, and took the precaution b/c if she actually tried to do it it would be his responsibility at that point.

ITA, Dan provoked her every time he could. Of course he shouldn't have died, but the way he tormented the mother of his children in front of them made me sick. Dan got some kick out of tormenting Betty and he paid for it big time.

The way both of them used those children as pawns against the other was sickening & criminal. For that alone Betty deserves prison.

I think the book I read was Forsaking All Others and the way Dan, big time lawyer, manipulated the courts at Betty's expense made me want to take a few shots at him myself, it wasn't even close to fair.

Just think of the outcome for him, his wife and his kids if he had taken the high road. No, he wasn't required to, but that's what makes someone a family hero, not a dead guy with a hateful wife.

I don't think he enjoyed tormenting her, but mostly I agree with you. He didn't behave well at all. But in the end, he was up against somebody who was irrational, and the best behavior in the world was never going to resolve HER issues.

I did get annoyed with Dr. Drew on this one last night. Been a couple of times over the past week where Mike Eiglarsh and another lawyer on the panel had more insight into mental health issues/corrections protocol. Drew does operate in a vacuum a lot of the time.

Seems like Dr. Drew is really confusing a 5150 psychiatric hold with what happened to JA. I may be wrong, but I don't think that a prisoner has the same protections in psychiatric holds as someone in the general population. Her 72 hour period that Sheriff Joe announced would have ended on Saturday, or a weekend. Keep her in that padded cell for the 72 hours (or longer) and if there was no need for a bed/cell in Lower Buckeye, wait until Monday to transfer her back to Estrella.

One other reason that they may have kept her a bit longer is the suicide of Milo Stanley, an Arizona DR inmate, this past Friday, 5/10/13. No way Arizona wants another suicide on their record, especially with the high visibility of this case.

I've watched Dr Drew maybe 5 times and the other night when he was literally screaming that Jodi must have a true mental illness because mental health professionals must have ordered her on suicide watch, I was ".....um dude, ever hear of CYA?"

He just refused to even consider the concept that yes, she was on suicide watch, and yes it's because she's a high-profile inmate who can't keep her mouth shut and she has as much intention of committing suicide as Beyonce does, but they're going to keep her there. End of discussion.

Why he thinks that such an offense to the mental health profession, I just didn't get.

Thanks, I agree as I chose NOT to watch it. I KNEW it would pizz me off. Never have and won't watch it. Nope. Never.

Smart decision. It's time I will never get back and all it did was make me furious.

:moo: That site has been very reliable, IMO ...

JMO and MOO ... but they are NOT "targeting" JA's sister : Angela put herself in the "limelight" with her remarks ...

:waitasec: Obviously, seeking attention runs in this family ...

:moo:

Angela is seeking attention?
I don't see it.
The Arias' have very carefully avoided the media.

GAH!! How did I miss that?? I watched DD last night! Thanks for pointing that out. She is soooo creepy.

More and more I feel like I am watching some horror movie while following this case. So many strange, spooky things.

I am trying to find that pic or the clip from DD, not located anything yet. I even tried to pull it up on ONDEMAND to take a pic with my cell, but last nights show isn't there yet.
If I find it tho, I will share!

RE. B. Broderick.

I blame the antagonistic, adversarial family court system. Betty was a psycho b**** who was constantly harassing the ex & new wife. They struck back with their own harassment and utilized the family court system in a way only people with $$$ and insider knowledge could, to *advertiser censored* with Betty and take away what she was entitled to.

I totally agree with you.

I used to say, why don't people just get a divorce? Now having known many people who have suffered and the children have suffered horrible experiences with the family court system... It's really a wonder murder doesn't happen MORE often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't watched it either Really. Maybe in a few years if I even still remember her and she's been sitting on DR for a bit I will bring myself to, but not now. I don't really care what she has to say.

I watched it for two reasons... curiosity and because I was hoping she would say things that Juan could use....and she did. It only confirmed what I think of her.

I saw Deadly Women on ID last night and Juan was on it talking about the Wendy Adriano case. No wonder why that woman is on death row.

I have a basic catch up question after re watching the interviews today. I thought the old saying was that after you confess anything can and will be used against you in a court of law. How did they bring in the tape of her in the interview room before she was arrested. sorry for the backtrack but I have been here since the beginning and I am second guessing and trying to figure that one out right now

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Jodi waived her right to counsel.

At one point in the interview when it sounds like she's going to confess, she tells Flores that maybe she should talk to a lawyer first. (On Law & Order, where the mere mention of an attorney would have shut the interview down) Just to get it right, what she's going to say (paraphrasing here)

Then Jodi asks what will happen when she talks to a lawyer and Flores says that their relationship would be at an end because an attorney wouldn't let her talk to him and he's not hanging around Yreka once she has a lawyer.

Guess who decided she'd rather continue to try to seduce Flores with her patented pelvic thrusts than talk to a lawyer?

It was a very interesting sequence in the tape.

Oh my gosh! Were you my neighbor? My youngest liked to do that too! I run into those neighbors from time to time, and they always bring up the fact that Jennifer was the neighborhood streaker! Everybody took it for what it was.....cute! Nothing pedo about it, just cute childish behavior.

I had a thing for ice cream as a child. Still do. According to my parents... I ran out after the Ice Cream truck naked on more than one occasion. Once Mom said I jumped out of the tub covered in Mr Bubble and ran out the door to get my Bomb Pop. I don't recall this... but my feelings for ice cream run deep so I have to believe it's true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member