Aggravated waiting for the aggravation phase #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I once had a 7 year old foster child come to me with very distinct finger marks on her neck. Thumbs in the front and fingers in the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only thing worse than being wrong, is being wrong with this example.
Hate hearing this. So sad. Hope life's treating this little one better now.

With the exception of the mother...who went to the national enquirer with faked letters from Travis.

I am probably going to take alot of flack for this, but here goes. Jodi's mother was CRYING as she handed the letters to the NA. I don't think her mom actually believed them to be true, but was afraid of Jodi's wrath. Here is the what I read in January.

“Jodi wanted me to get these let*ters out to the public. I am only doing this because she asked me to,” her mother tearfully told an ENQUIRER reporter.

According to Mrs. Arias, only electronic copies of the letters exist.

“Jodi told me that the originals were destroyed,” she said.
(This is all that her mother said)

“These letters are quite literally the only card Jodi has left to play,” noted the source. “Getting them out to the public is her strategy to be acquitted of murder and escape the death penalty.

“That’s how desperate and evil she is. She’s manipulating her own mother from behind bars.”

I feel sorry for her mother, and her entire family actually. MOO

Does anyone know if Nurmi is done with her after this trial, or does he have to stay on as her lawyer through appeals? And if he's allowed off, can he discuss Jodi and the case, as in write a book?

As with all things Nancy Grace (and, imo, friends of Travis) you have to listen to what they actually say versus what's implied. Nancy says it was supposed to be "Jodi-free weekend." Then the friend says that he met Travis at the event, had lunch with Travis and Jodi the day before the pic was taken and thought that they were finally just friends. They both knew she was at the event and had all had lunch together at the event. :eyeroll:

LOL We are Graced with the version that jibes with the BOMBSHELL announcement at the top of the show...

I'm glad she's getting a bit of solitary confinement - it must be driving her mad. 23 hours in her cell and one hour to take a shower and make phone calls.

I guess we're in for some tweets!

MOO

Mel

I'm glad she is finally confined away from other inmates, too. It seems likely that no matter what sentence she gets (DP, LWOP, or possible parole after 25 years) that Jodi has years and years of solitary confinement ahead of her. She is so incredibly high profile that if she doesn't get sentenced to death row solitary confinement, she will end up being in administrative segregation for several years for her own safety-- till her notoriety fades. If she gets LWOP, it will be YEARS (maybe 5-10) before she is even potentially qualified for general population. Once she is transferred to state prison, (if not sentenced to DP), she will undergo a period of intake and evaluation that takes several weeks. She will be segregated during that time, and typically inmates aren't allowed visitors during intake. And BTW-- I doubt Donovan will be allowed to visit her in state prison, since Donovan has at least one felony conviction, right? And Jodi's family live in California-- realistically, how often will they make the trip to AZ to visit? Jodi has a lifetime of loneliness ahead of her, and few she will be able to manipulate on a daily basis.

At this point, Jodi should relish every second she is in court and out of her isolation cell-- as well as the eventual van ride to prison. It's likely to be the only time out of prison she will ever have, beyond the final trip when she dies.

The Troy Hayden interview was likely her last for a long, long time-- maybe forever. State prison seldom allows TV reporters in to interview convicts.

This week Jodi begins the long process of adjusting to her new reality-- 23 hours a day in a 11' x 7' cell, with only her thoughts for company, and her hair as a distraction. But that said, she has nothing to lose, now-- so I expect her to pull some kind of manipulations this week in court. I fully expect to see her take the stand again-- she won't be able to pass up the chance to be center attention again, IMO.

Here's my misc. potpourri of thoughts/questions on the case. I'd love some feedback!

1. I have wondered why Dr. Phil hasn't done any interviews (that I'm aware of) with Travis' friends, etc. If not, why not?
  2. Also, I was wondering if OTHER people can profit from Jodi's image even if she can't. For example, selling dolls that look like her on ebay, etc. Does a criminal need to grant permission for their likeness to be used?
  3. The "she's truly evil" nail in her coffin, for me, was when she called Travis a hypocrite last week for basically having relations WITH HER (so who's the hypocrite?) and trashing him in his grave. Before that, I thought maybe she had totally lost her mind five years ago and been mentally sick sick sick back then BUT perhaps she was not full-on evil. For me, the comments about him being a hypocrite sealed the deal--yes, you are evil. What was your ah-ha moment if you DIDN'T see the crime scene photos (which I haven't been able to do other than briefly glance at a 1 cm by 1 cm photo).
  4. Lastly, the other day, I measured the miles that Jodi drove (around 2800, I believe) in her 5 day crime spree. Do you realize how far that is??? It's 2900 miles from SAN FRANCISCO, CA to NEW YORK CITY!!!! She pretty much "drove all the way across the country" to kill him! That absolutely blew my mind.

I wish I could remember where I saw or heard that Jodi had someone handling her art and stuff. Could that be something like an agent? It wouldn't be the first time someone in jail has sold stuff. I wonder if she's getting offers for deals? If she is, she must have someone she's appointed as her representative.

Wait WHAT? Are you saying a reporter who skews an interview by editing out things that may be offensive gives him INTEGRITY? I know I heard you wrong.

What I am saying is I think AC might not give her yet another platform.
I guess I should have left out the part about editing her vile. I also guess I could not be a reporter because I likely would do the interview and leave out the part about the "chasing the little boy pic" and just tell the audience that unproven allegations had been removed. Probably why I will never be a reporter.
And I will stand by my opinion that AC has integrity, when he was covering the bomber tracking he repeatedly stated that he would not speculate until he was given comfirmation from police, unlike so many that just spewed every rumor flying around that night/day.
BTW, if I objected to "offensive" I sure as heck would not be following THIS trial!

Here's a new one. Wants to make sure all donations go to her family!

Jodi Arias ‏@jodiann_arias 5h
Please make any donations to me or my family at ************ …... As mentioned any other source is fraudulent. Thank You #JodiArias

Barf --

Mel

BBM

Per usual with the murderer "me" comes before all others. It is her family having to raise quid to stand by her sorry arse, but...

"The only "danger" Travis was ever in because of me was "spiritual damage", and of that we both guilty of endangering each other".

Quoted from the letter to RB from Jodi.

The only thing worse than being wrong, is being wrong with this example.
Hate hearing this. So sad. Hope life's treating this little one better now.

Me too....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JA deserves the DP but I want her sentenced so that there is NO CHANCE of her ever getting out. LWOP is most likely to do that. DP is not as secure in that regard, IMO. My reason for thinking this way is that with how many years it takes to actually carry out a death sentence, the laws in AZ could change. The DP could be abolished sometime within the next 12-15 years, which would commute all those on death row to life. But would it automatically be LWOP? Or could it possibly be life with possibility of parole? That's what happened in Cali with the Manson gang. They got death sentences and then the DP was abolished and their sentences were commuted to life with possibility of parole. Now, they have always been denied parole...and maybe Arias would be denied too. I just do not want her to ever have any chance at a parole hearing.

All JMO.

I am probably going to take alot of flack for this, but here goes. Jodi's mother was CRYING as she handed the letters to the NA. I don't think her mom actually believed them to be true, but was afraid of Jodi's wrath. Here is the what I read in January.

“Jodi wanted me to get these let*ters out to the public. I am only doing this because she asked me to,” her mother tearfully told an ENQUIRER reporter.
MOO

Jodi is evil. She doesn't care about what happens in courts. She wanted to destroy Travis Alexanders reputation to the public. I think those letters will be made public soon. I can see JA and Donovan tweeting them or posting them online. The mother could have and should have refused though.

Please Jury, :please: I want this woman on deathrow.

Rumour (no link) is the person who saw the bruises was Matt McCartney. This is from a site, that I'd prefer not to list here -- so take it for what it's worth.

I personally witnessed the purple finger shaped bruises on her neck. She originally claimed was from a seat belt. Later, after much debate, she admitted they were from him. She assured me that: “He is a good man” and “He didn’t mean it”.

There was much angst between MM and JM, who after finding out about the forged letters, said if he testified he would be impeached before his butt hit the witness chair (or words to that effect).

MOO

Mel
Yea but in this latest interview, she claims there were others, including her sisters, who saw bruises....and "they chose not to come forward."
Uhm, hello jodi, it's called a subpoena, there is no "choice" in the matter.

For someone who thinks she's Einstein, girl ain't too bright.

"Finger shaped bruises" usually occur around the upper arm, as you say, it's kind of hard to grab someone around the next like that

My ex lifted me off the ground by my throat...only my toes were still touching. I did have finger shaped bruises on my neck from that.

Just sayin' it can happen. But not the way JA described things.

Can you include the context of that photo please?

Is the person alive? Is it makeup or real bruises?

I just did a search on Bing for neck bruising. The person is very much alive. She has two black eyes also, which can happen when your strangled. There is no text, just the photo. I didn't want to searching the more gross sites for photos.... but a search for strangulation marks would work probably. When I worked in the Emergency Room, I'd see 3 to 5 of these types a marks a month. They could be on males or females, but you can clearly see where the fingers were if enough force is used.

According to Mrs. Arias, only electronic copies of the letters exist.

“Jodi told me that the originals were destroyed,” she said.
(This is all that her mother said)

“These letters are quite literally the only card Jodi has left to play,” noted the source. “Getting them out to the public is her strategy to be acquitted of murder and escape the death penalty.

“That’s how desperate and evil she is. She’s manipulating her own mother from behind bars.”

I feel sorry for her mother, and her entire family actually. MOO

No flack from me! I think her Mom is another in her string of victims.

That said ... I wish I could say honestly that I wouldn't do anything crazy if my child were accused ... or even proven to have committed such a crime... but the fact is .. I can almost guarantee that I would stop at nothing to protect my child. Not proud of that... but willing to admit it to make my point.

I wasn't paying close attention, but I don't recall seeing Jodi's sister in the audience at the trial after Juan threw up that picture and asked if that was her "dumb sister" in the pic with her. Does anyone know if she ever returned to the trial?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3