Aggravation phase #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet Troy Hayden's wife made him sleep on the sofa last night...

A death sentence will allow Jodi to remain in the spotlight for many years to come--and all her appeals will be at the State's expense. She gets one automatic appeal if she receives LWOP--and AZ will pick up the tab for that. Then she's on her own to convince an attorney to take her case, raise money from so-called supporters, etc. Many people think that while she claims to want death, she really wants life. I'm not so sure. Jodi is an attention wh*** and she'll get more of that as one of four females on death row, then she will as one of 133 female inmates in Perryville's maximum security unit--alone in her cell 23 hours a days and limited to one hour of exercise, etc.

The thing is the DP will be especially harsh for her bc of the isolation aspect. Yes, she may get attention every time an appeal is considered, but those moments will be few and far between. Plus, other than the initial appeal, I'm not sure how much coverage it would get outside of AZ. And that's not a big enough audience!

Sitting alone in her cell for what amounts to 24/7 will be worse than death for her, bc she won't get any attention, except for 3x a day when her meals are delivered at her cell door. and she certainly won't be able to manipulate her fellow "pod-buddies" either, which will be huge for her!

From this perspective I believe she was being truthful about wanting the freedom death will provide her.

Bringing this from the closed thread-

Anyone have info on this?

Inmates on suicide watch at our local jail aren't allowed to go to court until they've been evaluated and released by a psychiatrist.

Anyone know the policy in Sheriff Joes crossbar motel?? :)

Gruesome as that sounds, she probably had a much quicker/less painful death than she'd have had by hanging.

I thought it would be a death befitting JA....

Kinda makes up for slitting his throat ear to ear.

But of course this is NOT how the DP is carried out anymore...

Good morning sleuthies! I feel so at peace & uplifted since the verdict. Can't describe how happy I am for the family & Napolean! :) Let's hit another grand slam today!:rockon:

Jodi Arias knows she told Det Flores she would beg for the death penalty if she killed Travis Alexander which at the time she was still insisting she did not ....yet in the FOX interview last night she doesn't beg for DP out of guIlt or even the tiniest bit of remorse. She begs for death saying it will set her free. PLEASE

I was not a fan of the DT, not on a personal level, but the way they presented themselves and their client in court. But as time goes on, I think it will be apparent they were doing what JA told them. I for one would be interested in hearing from Wilmott after the trial.

With a client like they had to deal with, I really hope they take some time off after trial. If it was me, I would need it

No one caught a screen shot of nurmis reaction yesterday?

Please tell me Jodi will not only be wearing stripes today, but "jewelry" for her wrists and ankles as well. PLEASE…:praying:

Jodi Arias knows she told Det Flores she would beg for the death penalty if she killed Travis Alexander which at the time she was still insisting she did not ....yet in the FOX interview last night she doesn't beg for DP out of guIlt or even the tiniest bit of remorse. She begs for death saying it will set her free. PLEASE

Free to go to Hell I guess.

Her eyes would have been lined up to the right, not the left, if she was looking at her mother or grandmother.

Yes KCL I agree, she was NOT looking at the mother or grandmother, that would mean her head would only need to be turned slightly, and looking more towards the middle of the room. She did the same head swivel and looked in the same direction she constantly looked throughout the trial...not sure who she was looking at. I've seen her sneak glances at her grandma before, and it is a different direction.

I heard two different reports last night...can't remember who, but one person said after the verdict Wilmott went over and stood in a huddle with Jodi's mom and grandma, but Jodi wasnt with them, and then another person said Jodi was there in the huddle with them too. So not sure which is the case.

Please tell me Jodi will not only be wearing stripes today, but "jewelry" for her wrists and ankles as well. PLEASE…:praying:

She's a convicted felon now, so she will certainly be shackled.

Speak for yourself! My mother is 70 years old, 4'11", goes to church every week and reads the bible everyday. Cut her off in traffic and she'll go full on two-handed bird.

:rockon: My mom too! She is 71, and dammit don't drive stupid or she will let you know!

I think it's risky to go by "averages" when it comes to women on death row. The last woman executed in Arizona was Eva Dugan in 1930. The US Supreme Court put a moratorium on capital punishment in 1972, so DP was off the table for a period of time. Arizona reinstated capital punishment in 1976. Since that time, 34 men have been executed. Of the three women currently on AZ's death row, Debra Milke has been there for 23 years. Her conviction was recently overturned, however she's still there because the State's AG plans to appeal the decision to overturn her conviction to the US Supreme Court.

Thank you for clearing that up for me!

im hoping for this too.

but i thought i seen a poster said that she will still be in civillian clothes but i can only hope she isn't:please:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csiapril77