Aggravation phase #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was not a fan of the DT, not on a personal level, but the way they presented themselves and their client in court. But as time goes on, I think it will be apparent they were doing what JA told them. I for one would be interested in hearing from Wilmott after the trial.

With a client like they had to deal with, I really hope they take some time off after trial. If it was me, I would need it

Well maybe she just won't be there die the aggravation phase?? And will be back for the mitigation portion??

Previously she has not reacted well or in the best interests to her daughter when gruesome pictures are being shown of Travis and his family is crying and distraught. She has been seen snickering and rolling her eyes when TA's sisters have run out of Court when they saw a picture of Travis they were not prepared for. So it's possible her DT told her it might be better for Jodi if she wasn't in Court during this phase. But I'm just guessing.

I would however be SHOCKED if she didn't testify for her daughter in the mitigation phase. And frankly as a Mother she should. I don't care what Jodi did she is still her daughter and should support Jodi. But having said that it does not mean I don't think Jodi deserves the ultimate sentence it just means I think Sandy should at the least support her daughter until the bitter end of this process.

Honestly, I do not think Ms.. Arias owes her daughter anything, much less to perjure herself in court about nonexistant abuse in order to save the life of an abusive daughter who ssys she doesn't want to live. And, I say that as a mother.

There's one aggravating factor remaining (there were 2 others that were stricken in hearings at least a year or so ago by another judge). Especially Cruel/Heinous. The jury needs to find this crime met that aggravating factor to move forward into the next phase.

If they vote yes during this Aggravation Factor Phase: next phase is mitigating where JAs attorneys try to save her life.

If they vote no: the judge will then decide the sentence, either LWOP or Life with possibility of parole and the DP will not be an option. The judge will give her LWOP, no doubt about that.

So, as I predicted when this whole saga began.

The only mystery in this case will be if JA gets LWOP or the DP.

IMO, slicing a man's throat from ear to ear while he is still alive is cruelty.
I also read someplace, that JA asked to do an interview (I guess via Fox) if
she was found guilty. I also read that this was requested this past Sunday.
I do not remember where I read this so It may not be true.

Wouldn't be surprised if her aggravation speech includes a lecture to the jury about how they misunderstood her or something along those lines.

Absolutely and she will do so against the advice of her attorneys.

Personally I think she gave the interview last night thinking this jury won't be unanimous in the DP so she's hoping the interview will be seen by someone who would be on the next jury or that the news of her interview would be so widespread none of the sitting jurors could possibly miss it and they could be kicked off due to the exposure.

Wait a sec... No "Son of Sam" law in AZ? Is that correct?

And Jodi's mom flying home. I guess she has officially given up and will not speak for her daughter.

How sad, Jodi has ruined so many lives.

Maybe Arias mom is going home to take care of her husband?

A death sentence will allow Jodi to remain in the spotlight for many years to come--and all her appeals will be at the State's expense. She gets one automatic appeal if she receives LWOP--and AZ will pick up the tab for that. Then she's on her own to convince an attorney to take her case, raise money from so-called supporters, etc. Many people think that while she claims to want death, she really wants life. I'm not so sure. Jodi is an attention wh*** and she'll get more of that as one of four females on death row, then she will as one of 133 female inmates in Perryville's maximum security unit--alone in her cell 23 hours a days and limited to one hour of exercise, etc.

I couldn't agree more. The security surveillance camera caught Jodi Arias laughing apparently in delight when she was first brought in for questioning in Northern California. Told me all I needed to know.

I didn't even see his reaction but I saw him very quickly leave the courtroom right after the jury left and they briefly went up to the Judge. He mouthed something about "heading to my office" to the family then swiftly slipped out the door.

I later heard he , along with Flores, were the first ones out and went straight to the elevator.

I heard a LONG and AMAZING story from 4 regular court watchers (Katie Wick and Stacy Fairrington as two of them) about how they got kicked off the 5th floor (NO public seats were allowed in there) and they didn't go in the elevator but in the stairwell and how every single door was locked all the way to the bottom and they were losing wifi to see the verdict. They could have gotten out the very last door but didn't want to walk out in to the crowd so ran all the way back up to the 5th floor, banged on the door and the regular security guard let them back in so they could grab a wifi. He ushered them to the elevators and lo and behold there was Martinez and Flores who invited them in to the elevator with them so they rode up, then down with them all silent. But quietly crying. They said Martinez held each of their hands with both his hands thanking them for being there as he left the elevator with slight tears in his eyes.

They felt like this was the reason they got "lost" running around trying to find a place to watch the verdict on wifi...just to have that moment.

Amazing. I was captivated during the entire story.

I will add, as I said on Tricia's radio show yesterday that any reporters (as in one named Michael Kiefer) who have inaccurately reported how Martinez has sought the cameras during this trial can "kiss my a$$". There were hundreds of media there yesterday in the courtroom and mostly out front and he quietly escaped all of it and went back to his office.

Good morning, sweet KCL! This elevator incident with JM and KW etc., this was on the UP before the verdict was read? Or am I misunderstanding?

Either way, what an amazing experience.... just love all of these people.

You could see JA spinning her next moves in her head as soon as the verdict was read

All it means is that, since 1930, they haven't sent any women to death row until the last 15-20 years.

And did ya see what happened to the lady they executed in the 1920's?

The executioner didn't do the calculations on the rope length correctly -

When they dropped her from the gallows, she was immediately decapitated and her head rolled out into the spectator section!

:eek:

I was not a fan of the DT, not on a personal level, but the way they presented themselves and their client in court. But as time goes on, I think it will be apparent they were doing what JA told them. I for one would be interested in hearing from Wilmott after the trial.

With a client like they had to deal with, I really hope they take some time off after trial. If it was me, I would need it

Couldn't agree more.

Same here. At the very least he'll get a pleasant phone call. Hopefully a personal visit.

Can't help but feel that the twitter's name-initials are GS as in another GS we all know of. Wouldn't be surprised considering the BS that GS spewed after the verdict.

Absolutely and she will do so against the advice of her attorneys.

Personally I think she gave the interview last night thinking this jury won't be unanimous in the DP so she's hoping the interview will be seen by someone who would be on the next jury or that the news of her interview would be so widespread none of the sitting jurors could possibly miss it and they could be kicked off due to the exposure.

BBM. That thought did cross my mind as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csiapril77