Aggravation phase #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK..

I heard that Sheriff Joe made the decision himself to put Travis's killer on SUICIDE WATCH I've not heard or seen anything saying he was involved in the interview.

Ive got something weird going on with my computer. java runtime update keeps opening along with internet explorer with all of these weird sites. I have norton but norton can't pick up anything wrong other than a cookie...how did you fix yours? are you having a similar problem?

Is Internet Explorer opening multiple pages on Start-Up? (Settings, General Tab, Set Home Page - make sure it's just your default one)

You can pick up annoying add-ons too. You'll need to change it in your Internet Explorer Settings. (Settings, Programs Tab, Manage Add-ons) Disable those you don't need.

In a last ditch effort to save their client, the Arias defense team asks for a continuance so they can find a latex glove that doesn't fit

Yes... and she misused "principle" for "principal" (idea) -- in just my quick scan of it -- but she does fairly well for a high school drop-out.
When speaking of Ryan's upward trajectory (and the uphill climb she faced), she wrote "verticle" instead of "vertical. I also think that she falsely attributed the "*advertiser censored* for the state" comment to her former lawyer (Victoria Jackson, IIRC). *advertiser censored* is one of Jodi's favorite words, and as we have seen throughout the trial, she is notorious for attributing her own thoughts/deeds/feelings onto other people.

It's just jail for crazies, not an upgrade. Plus now she has to wear a smock made out of yoga mats velcroed together.

Here's an example/picture of the "Suicide Prevention Smock" that most jails/prisons use:

http://www.preventsuicide.com/index.htm

It's known most commonly by the name of TACO SUIT. Don't you know how angry Jodi must be to have to wear one of these? They are next to impossible to sit down in, inmates either have to stand or lay down. They are not allowed any underwear or socks either. Oh Jodi, Jodi, Jodi... don't you wish you had kept your mouth shut now? This is quite a fashion statement! :)

Maybe Jodi will finally speak the truth.

Smack me LL. She won't make it that easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I fell asleep but I'm guessing things are as they were before I went to sleep except for the fact that this thread is now working. I'm going with the theory that JA threw a mega fit. I'm not buying that Sheriff Joe had anything to do with the interview but I can buy the idea that others in the jail pulled a sneaky for their little pal.

I don't know the legal side of things, but logically speaking she was evaluated by both DeMarte and Samuels using two similar tests that both arrived at a personality disorder. DeMarte clearly stated that she administered the MMPI to ensure that there were no competency issues.

Psych eval just does not make sense. IMO

Since I first posted this, there has been some clarification that competency applies to each phase of the trial. In light of her statements in her interview last night, evaluation would be appropriate.

JA may have been speaking the truth last night when she said that she would prefer the death penalty. Given her personality and need for control, she may very well waive the mitigation phase; in her mind, she may want to decide her fate, not others, and she sees the handwriting on the wall.

She's had five years in prison and where she has been is a cake walk compared to death row.

Court is scheduled again for next Wednesday and hopefully we will find out before then what happened today from a reliable source and not just more and more speculation.

Thoughts and prayers with Travis's family and friends.

She's just trying to waive her right to this portion. The Dr.s will examine, she'll be found competent and she'll take the DP sentence. Done deal.

I wonder if her lawyers went to see her after the interview and pointed out to her how damaging her interview was?

Jean says Jodi is in the psych ward under suicide watch and being constantly watched.

Now I'm feeling sorry for her.

IMO she's doing all this because she thinks the jury will for so bad for giving her first degree. She's looking for sympathy & she isn't getting it from me.
She is still trashing Travis & this should not be allowed. She is convicted lying murderer now.
I wish the Alexander family could do something about her doing this.

Just want to comment on the letter to Ryan....it's obvious she is trying to sweet-talk him in order to MANIPULATE HIM. THe whole letter reeks of manipulation. And I HATE the way she writes...normal people don't write letters like that...she pretends like she's in 18th century England or something.
Since she couldn't manipulate him with sex (due to the inconvenience of "where she's living", she could only do it through words. She's nice when she needs something from someone. Did you notice on the stand she reeked contempt for Ryan, because he had already testified, she knew she couldn't manipulate him into saying what she wanted. The damage was already done, he was useless to her now, and just like Demarte said, she either "loved" or devalued the person. She had thrown away Ryan like used piece of toilet paper, to use her own words.
When she set out to kill Travis, he was useless to her at that point. Because she knew finally that he would never marry her. Even though he had told her that before, she still in the back of her mind, thought there was a small chance. But after the whole May 26 text fight, she KNEW there was never a chance. At that point she discarded him and devalued him. It's so obvious how her simple mind works.

Jodi's letter to Ryan:

Dear Ryan, 3/20/09

Several months ago I read the transcripts of your conversation with detective Flores and that is what has prompted this letter, which I began to write thereafter but have not revisited until now. You really are a kind person. I know you probably think that I am a total psychopath and frankly that is among the lighter things I have been labeled in the preceding months.

I know you and I were in different places spiritually, so I don't know if any of the more spiritually toned thoughts, in this letter will be at all impactful to you, but that is not really my objective. I share these things with you because they are from my heart. I do know that all things happen for a reason. I do not care that this is one of the most clichéd sayings in the language when it comes to trying to understand that which seems so impossible to accept. Yet accept it, I have - mostly. I still indulge in a little resistance on occasion a bit of grinding my heels into the ground.

But back to those transcripts. There were a few glaring inaccuracies I simply could not let rest. One being that the detective said I was "giggling and smiling" after being "taken into custody". Sooo not the case. I was somber, calm and resolate, though shaking on the inside, but what good would it have done to freak out? Eventually I broke down and cried but the crying came and went as the hours rolled by. It was all on tape, so I don't know why detective Flores would lie to you about that. However, I discovered he does that a lot. Oh, and by the way, I never stopped at Sinclair's on my trip. You had mentioned that in fact, I've never even heard of that place. It was at Starbucks in Pasadena where I caught those kids acting silly and like they were up to no good. They give skaters a bad rap. But three things above all that I must clarify is no, Detective Flores did not "save your life", and no he will not be turning up any "missing ex-boyfriends" from my past, and no, I am not a "serial killer". My goodness, those things are so far from the truth. After getting over the initial shock and indignation the he would propose such notions and the realization that, wow, this detective really does play all the angles, I actually got a small laugh out of such ridiculousness and even cried out, "what a freaking bonehead!" in reference to him. (Jail has made me no less of a dork than I was prior to my arrest).

My lawyer called you a "*advertiser censored* for the state". Strong words I know, but by this she means that you were immediately willing to offer your testimony in the stat's favor. A testimony is a testimony under oath so I did not see the problem, but her strong personality lends strong opinions about everybody.

Yet in spite of all these things, what struck me was you still refrained from participating in bashing me with unkind words, and I do not know why. But it has only reinforced my opinion you: that to the core you are a good man with a strong backbone of integrity. Something you said to me during one of our many late night conversations has stayed with me throughout this nightmare. I do not remember it verbatim but I do remember the principle idea of what was conveyed to me, or at least how I interpreted it. You said, and I paraphrase that heavenly father must not think you are very strong. Such a thing to say I wondered. I asked you why and you joked that you have had it pretty easy most of your life and you have not been beset with many difficulties. He must therefore save all of that stuff for the stronger souls who can handle it. I do not know if that is precisely what you intended to communicate, but that's what I took from that conversation and I thank you for providing me with that perspective to consider. It helps me to believe that I am strong, that the world can do its worst and ultimately I will still be okay.

For the record, I never personally considered you a weaker soul, not for one second. I have no doubt that the blessings you enjoy are for deeper reasons yet unseen and I have no doubt that with the passage of time life is only going to become more and more amazing for you.

You know, he wasn't the first to say it, but Travis often quoted, "The cream always rises to the top" I guess it is a little difficult for me to ponder much on that concept right now because of my present set of circumstances, although this one abbreviated life by no means comprises of my entire journey despite the eternal implications it still carries. I may have quite the climb ahead of me, but I am still committed to a verticle path. That expression does remind me of you, however You have nowhere to go but up and I have admired you for that.

Ryan, you were never in danger with me. I hope you know that somewhere within, although what others think has gradually become less and less important to me. The only "danger" Travis was ever in because of me was "spiritual danger", and of that we were both guilty of endangering each other.

It is no longer important to me that you believe me. You will know for yourself one day. If this letter has found its way into your hands and you have read this far then I thank you. You are among so many who have enriched my life by just having ?????? a small piece of it.

Respectfully,

Jodi Ann Arias

http://www.scribd.com/fullscreen/140465751?access_key=key-199xeuczi6sh9ag41bvp

LOL!!

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/local_news/water_cooler/jodi-ariasverdict-did-she-flip-off-jurors

KNXV_jodi_arias_flips_bird_middle_finger_20130508154854_320_240.JPG

Posted: 05/08/2013
Last Updated: 35 minutes ago

By: abc15.com staff

PHOENIX - Did Jodi Arias intentionally "flip the bird" at the jury after being found guilty of first-degree murder?

An ABC15 viewer captured a screenshot of what she believes is Arias giving the middle finger.

Arias was found guilty of first-degree murder on Wednesday following a lengthy trail.

The sentencing phase will begin Thursday at 1 p.m.

Adam Longo ‏@adamlongoCBS5 4m

DEVELOPING #JodiArias defense motion asks for victim impact statements to be done on tape. Motion posted shortly on http://www.cbs5az.com

well, it's JEAN. the same jean who reported so positively 'THERE'S DISSENSION ON THIS JURY!!!!'

how does she have a job? how does JVM have her own show???

these are just a couple of the mysteries i can't figure out.

Excellent! Yep, the ijits at HLN have worn me thin. I thought her statement about dissension on the jury based on how one woman was walking with her head held high in a "defiant" position was about as stupid as Nancy Grace asking if the jury was going to acquit JA based on the fact that deliberations had lasted more than, gasp, TWO DAYS!

It is all show biz. JC and NG are on the right side, but sometimes it is better to have fools as adversaries instead of advocates.

but Joe wasn't the one being interviewed - was he? if he was on camera i missed it.

No he wasn't interviewed. He did have a presser scheduled but canceled it to address change of status etc. He has yet to reschedule that press conf.

They also made accomodation to allow JA family to see her last night.

In an effort of Full disclosure I for most part like Joe for his quirky crazy ways at times with that being said..

He very well could have been he at Estrella last night saying we won't change visitation rules especially for Murder 1 convicts during DP cases in front of family attempting to come visit with cameras rolling.. (that IMO would be being a media hound)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy