aggravation phase #9 - VERDICT - Extreme Cruelty PROVEN

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She already knows the Jurors don't believe her or even like her. She is calculating but her calculating days are OVER. We will see tomorrow.....She doesn't even have any saving qualities that I know of.

I don't believe she'll take the stand. The defence made no effort in the aggravation phase as she is now in her 'I'm above all this martyr persona'. She has to pretend she really wants the DP, so how can she go on the stand & try to convince the jurors not to give it to her?
She'll leave that to her 'supporters' & I feel her Mum will be on the stand.

furthermore, in juans closing he repeatedly called her a liar and the defense team never once objected. to put her on the stand during this part of the trial would be laughable

Juan must've had a good reason for calling ALV a liar in open court. She obviously did something more than what we saw in the courtroom. There was a closed hearing that ALV had to come back for and since the Judge didn't admonish Juan and the defense team didn't object something had to happen. I wonder if she's facing any perjury charges.

Good Morning All :)

JW and KN did move to withdraw, I thought so. Motion denied.

As a mother of 4 good, successful children (ages 28, 24,20 & 16) I want to address the issue of Jodi's mother. Also, please note, I have some experience dealing with family members with mental disorders, including BPD. Though none of us know 100% how we would react in any given situation, I can tell you, with NO RESERVATIONS, that I would NOT laugh in a court of law in which my child was being tried for a brutal , capital murder. That is NOT supporting your child, nor is it nervousness. It is a blatantly inappropriate and extremely disrespectful to the Judge and the victim's family, at the VERY least. If this woman does not know this, SHE needs some help and probably a pill.

I imagine being the mother of such a child is a horrible thing and has been for most of said child's life. JA did not become what she is overnight. It was probably a relief to the parents when JA was living far away and not causing havoc and pain for them in their daily lives. I imagine a lack of money and an (not untypical) unwillingness to face the reality of JA's problems as a child and teen, helped them minimize the severity of her issues in their minds. No one wants to think their child can do such a thing as JA eventually sunk to. One hopes things like "maturity" and the passage of time will resolve some issues. Sadly, JA only got worse, left unchecked.

I sometimes have some sympathy for this mother, but only in the broadest terms, and when I feel a twinge of it, she does something that is so utterly wrong in the courtroom that I quickly lose that emotion. I would like to hear a kind word from her for the victim's family, but it would be too little, too late. This situation is tragic in every way, but one could respond with dignity and compassion and THAT I have not seen. Her behavior has been shameful and THAT is on her.

MOO

I am not surprised that Nurmi and Wilmott wanted off the case. I can not blame them and I think that this case has been horrendous for them trying to defend this narcissist and hideous person.

I don't agree with people that have criticized them as I feel they have done their very best to defend this person who is a vicious calculated murderer.

This aspect of the case is fascinating to me. I only became aware of this case a couple of weeks ago having heard, and I paraphrase: Attractive woman viciously slays boyfriend in Mormon community. Controversial DP ruling expected, i.e. first pretty woman ever to get DP.

I read about it online in an English/Irish newspaper. It's seems the level of attractiveness does not dictate the crime but, perhaps, the sentence.

Throughout her life, it appears that Jodi may have relied on her looks to get what she wanted and to manipulate. Given that, I doubt it's been easy for her to get her head around her current reality and until recently was still standing tall on her self-made pedestel.

She has lost that 'attractiveness' I first saw when I read that article. She looked the part yesterday, appearing quite frightening and evil looking in court. Some of the looks she threw at the jurors - and particularly - Mr Martinez, were very ugly. I think since the Murder 1 verdict, she is now very aware of her public image. She didn't appear to have this awareness during the post-verdict interview, imagining a 50/50 split. I think that her own perceived image is now more aligned with her actual public image. It shows on her face. Enter Jodi the monster to the courtroom in Aggravation Phase.

Every human alive shows bias. A well-known study (2004) on infants show that even newborns show a preference for faces that are deemed attractive. Despite the fact that an attractive face happens to represent the prototype for a human face, this preference appears to be hardwired at birth.

A face is a record of a life lived. I think Jodi's has really begun to show on hers.

BBM

I agree with you completely. She now realizes that no one buys her act. She thought once she told her "story" on the stand, the whole world and of course the jurors, would fall in love with her....oh poor abused Jodi. In fact she got the exact opposite reaction.

Even after M1, she thought she still had a chance...when the jurors were walking out after the verdict, she did her usual side-step and kind of smiled as they were walking out. Did you notice yesterday, when the jury walked in to announce their aggravation verdict, she turned away from them? And when they were leaving, she didn't do her usual thing...just started talking to JW. I think it's pretty clear she hates all the jurors now and is NOT "praying" for them.

Good Morning all,

I'm really wishing the Alexander ...
snip

ickyukiepukeyickymuckyyuckieblech :puke:

Quick quick somebody trade mark it quick trade mark it!

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Good thought. Without a sponsor or the name of some legit non-profit, I would probably assume the wearer was a fan of the TV show.

Who would even WEAR a T-shirt that simply says, "Survivor."? It's like wearing a shirt that says, "Victim."

YES!!! I was thinking that this earlier! This shows how disconnected, completely, Jodi is from reality and from the mentality that a true DV victim has. They don't wear the abuse they suffered like a badge of honor, like a cancer survivor would. They typically want to, you know, forget it ever happened. A shirt like that would just ellicit painful conversations. The girl is special but she knows how to double down on a lie, that's for sure.

I am not surprised that Nurmi and Wilmott wanted off the case. I can not blame them and I think that this case has been horrendous for them trying to defend this narcissist and hideous person.

I don't agree with people that have criticized them as I feel they have done their very best to defend this person who is a vicious calculated murderer.

I think it's just another stalling tactic--one probably initiated by their client. It would slow things down considerably if CMJA had to get new counsel at this point.

Good Morning All :)

JW and KN did move to withdraw, I thought so. Motion denied.

I really have wanted to feel sorry for them, but I can't. They agreed to trash Travis and tried to tarnish the man he was. I feel no pity for them.

Wow just heard a report on CNN that one of the recent closed door hearings was
regarding her attorneys wanting to quit. It was denied.

Suddenly I have sympathy for Nurmi and Wilmott

My guess is because of the interview she gave. She must be a bear to work with.

So confused as to who and what we will hear today. I am sure her family will speak but other than that I'm at a loss. Her witnesses were horrible and if they bring back ALV that would do more damage than good IMO. Dr. S was useless and Dr. G doesn't know her, he said so. So who? JA will likely speak but ....

Is there a witness list for today that I missed? TIA

Gumorning, frenns!! :wave:

I'm in a foul mood today. I'm hoping some of you can make me laugh, per usual, as I need it.

Besides that, it's going to be a rough day in the courthouse. I'm sort of dreading it. Praying for the Alexanders.

YES!!! I was thinking that this earlier! This shows how disconnected, completely, Jodi is from reality and from the mentality that a true DV victim has. They don't wear the abuse they suffered like a badge of honor, like a cancer survivor would. They typically want to, you know, forget it ever happened. A shirt like that would just ellicit painful conversations. The girl is special but she knows how to double down on a lie, that's for sure.

or that they got it from a destiny child's concert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member