aggravation phase #9 - VERDICT - Extreme Cruelty PROVEN

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would imagine Jodi has actually made Nurmi and Willmont reflect on their career choice. I actually feel bad for them both. It's bad enough they're defending a murderer but at every turn she sabotages their efforts....

Cracks me up they tried to withdraw, again. ... Like rats from a sinking ship...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't Nurmi try to remove himself from this case a couple years ago?

She may have asked her family not to take the stand so that she can enforce the damsel in distress routine. Look, no one cares about me, not my family, no one. I was abused and no one cared, first by my family and then by my boyfriends. All that to garner sympathy from the jury. I think she may try and I emphasize try to show remorse today. It will not come across as real remorse. It will be just words and come across as that, the jury has her number.

I don't see any other way. She's done IMO. Practicing my breathing exercises, in through the nose and out through the mouth to get through this. It's going to be hard to listen to today, it will be all junk.

Yesterday it appeared JA was drugged out - what if she stands up today in her drugged up state does the jury have sympathy for her?

Any confirmation on this?

I haven't seen Beth Karas tweet this or put it on her FB page. She is someone I trust to verify things before committing herself to it; she otherwise states things as a rumor.

Doesn't really make sense that Darryl Brewer would voluntarily testify. When he was subpoenaed, he would not allow his face to be shown on camera. He was extremely vague with a lot of his answers on cross, so that Juan kept resorting to "Don't you remember saying XYZ in your deposition?".

Although so much of this whole mess does not make sense, beginning with the murder of Travis, so I guess anything is possible.

BBM
Morning gcharlie, I feel the same way about Beth. Would you by chance know if she reported or tweeted about which of the Alexander siblings would give victim impact statements. Some have said Tanisha and Samantha and others have said Samantha and Steven TIA :seeya:

This was a CYA position for KN and/or JW. They knew they would not be removed but wanted it on the record when JA claims she wants a new trial based on ineffective counsel. And she will use that.

Not a fan of KN or JW but they have to earn a living and protect their futures and this was a 'for the record' deal just like KN always asking for a mistrial.

They could not control their client, maybe no lawyer can, but they did their job.

Posted at same time. Agree with you 100% I almost feel sorry for them, but just can't.

get better results for their clearly guilty clients by having them cooperate & express remorse, make amends etc instead of allowing/encouraging them to lie and disparage the victim of their crimes. Sorry, I have no respect for what the DT did here AND it has obviously NOT been beneficial for their client. If anything, their tactics may have ensured death. If I'm on that jury, there is no mitigation that will counteract the treatment of the victim and lack of remorse.

And, yes, Jodi may have been calling the shots. But that is their fault too. You have to stand up to your client too and then get "divorced" if necessary or get her a psychiatric assessment or anything other than just cave in to her. But I don't see why you ever have to follow your client in to the cesspool she wants to create. There is no such "obligation". No one "made" Nurmi put Jodi on the stand and question her about her every waking moment and sexual experience since childhood and let her claim abuse and pedophilia and convenient "amnesia".

The DT pretty much ensured a horrible outcome for their client. Maybe they took a gamble that the prosecutor would be bad and the jury would be stupid or easily swayed but those were bad bets as Juan is well known locally and his juries don't seem to be swayed by lying defendants and they had a defendant who was anything but sympathetic. I really don't know why they didn't insist on a different strategy or get off the case, although I did hear on HLN that they wanted off this week-a little late and no way the Judge is going to allow them to withdraw at this point.

thanks rose...the BBM above is what I can't get past. I believe one can be a good, effective Defense Attorney (I know a few) and still do it within the guidelines of truth. IMO they stooped so low it will take them a long time, if ever, for me, to look at them with anything less than disgust. (Not that they care of course)

One of the shows on HHN said something pretty similar to this the other night. How it could backfire if they put her mom up there.

Yeah I get the impression she doesn't emote very well either. I think she would come off as flat and insincere. It's apparent to everyone this was not a close, warm relationship at all.

All of Travis' friends and extended family will be watching and sending prayers and good thoughts, for Travis' siblings as they stand to give their testimony about what type of man their beloved brother was, the hole it has left in their family, and the anguish it has caused to have to sit through the lies of Jodi, perpetuated over five long years. So many people all over the world are praying for their strength as they try to put these unimaginable feelings into words.

I know it cannot happen literally, but out here , outside of the courtroom, standing ovation and applause for the TRUTH they will finally be able to release. As Katie says, "EXHALE!"

It doesn't really matter at all what Jodi tries to say. It will fall on deaf ears after we hear from Travis' family.

Going through these phases is purely perfunctory.
In my opinion the jury has been done with Miss Arias for quite some time.

I don't believe Jodi will ever, ever apologize since she doesn't believe she did anything wrong. I truly believe she thinks Travis pushed her to kill him and it was all his fault.

I agree. She probably won't apologize, because JA does not like being wrong, and admitting guilt would be admitting she was wrong. But Little Missy SO likes to be the super-center of attention. She may show remorse just to grab the spotlight by shocking the hell out of everybody!

i think KN and JW want jodi to get the DP....i mean why else in this world would you call an ex-inmate to save someones life?!

i suppose it could be worse,donovan could be up there,or mr carr wherever he has went :facepalm:

Someone posted yesterday about Scott Peterson, the only person they could get outside of the family to vouch for his character was his high school golf coach. I remember thinking it was sort of sad, but sociopaths tend not to have any close friends, their life is a facade.

Here is my perfect ending to this trial...

Arias takes the stand and simply comes clean with everything. I mean everything. Last ditch effort for her to save her life - tells everyone exactly how it went down, why she did it, all the things she did to cover up/lie, apologize to the Alexander family, the jury, the State, Mike, etc...and begs for her life.

If I were in her shoes, that's the angle I would take. She has no shot of LWOP otherwise.

Jury deliberates and comes back with DP anyway.

Ha - suckah

Ohmigod that was laugh-out-loud funny! (I'll probably go straight to hell for this comment).

I see you live in Oregon. I want to visit the coastline.

Beautiful coastline, for sure. Going in the winter is actually really neat if you're into storm watching. There are a lot of hotels with good ocean views so you can see some serious surf. It can be beautiful in the summer, but if you plan to do any swimming, it is generally cold. Wetsuits recommended for any notion of playing in the water beyond the casual dip.

I agree. She probably won't apologize, because JA does not like being wrong, and admitting guilt would be admitting she was wrong. But Little Missy SO likes to be the super-center of attention. She may show remorse just to grab the spotlight by shocking the hell out of everybody!

Odds are better pigs will fly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gumorning, frenns!! :wave:

I'm in a foul mood today. I'm hoping some of you can make me laugh, per usual, as I need it.

Besides that, it's going to be a rough day in the courthouse. I'm sort of dreading it. Praying for the Alexanders.

Me too. Didn't Mark call last night?

Posted at same time. Agree with you 100% I almost feel sorry for them, but just can't.

Always laugh at my own feelings regarding lawyers. Love/hate thing.

If I am for the defendant, I love the defense lawyer.

If I am against the defendant I love the prosecutor. Not always this simple but usually shakes out this way. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I have always told my kids, if you get into trouble - Shut up and get an attorney - together work it out. Just the world we live in. And yes, I ask them to be truthful.

Yesterday it appeared JA was drugged out - what if she stands up today in her drugged up state does the jury have sympathy for her?
Naaah. Probably the person she falls over on though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3