AK AK - Anchorage, 'Eklutna Annie' WhtFem 311UFAK, 16-23, unique jewelry, Jul'80

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
With the amazing news of Horseshoe Harriet's identification as Robin Pelkey, this article has a brief mention of Eklutna Annie:

bbm
One of Hansen’s victims, known colloquially as “Eklutna Annie,” who authorities believe to be Hansen’s first victim, remains unidentified, Alaska Department of Public Safety spokesperson Austin McDaniel., told the Empire.

He sad ABI is utilizing genetic genealogy in an attempt to identify her remains as well.
I guess it's just a matter of time before Annie also gets back her true name :)

I have been looking through NamUs and wondering if the below have been suggested?

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Mary C. Robinson was last seen in Rochester, New York in June 1976 at the age of 22 - which puts her a little bit over the estimated age range at the time Eklutna Annie was found, depending on the post-mortem interval. She is listed as being 5’2 and weighing 115 lbs, with auburn coloured hair.

Phyllis Eleanor Berry was last seen in Terlingua, Texas in November 1975 at the age of 21 - again, this puts her slightly over Eklutna Annie’s estimated age range. Her race / ethnicity is listed American Indian / Alaska Native and was enrolled with The Chickasaw Nation. This may explain a possible link to Alaska? Her height is specified to be between 5’3 - 5’7 (quite a big range IMO, but the shortest height of 5’3 coincides with Eklutna Annie’s tallest estimated height) and weight between 110 - 10 lbs.

I am interested in hearing your opinions :)

Last edited:
I have been looking through NamUs and wondering if the below have been suggested?

Mary C. Robinson was last seen in Rochester, New York in June 1976 at the age of 22 - which puts her a little bit over the estimated age range at the time Eklutna Annie was found, depending on the post-mortem interval. She is listed as being 5’2 and weighing 115 lbs, with auburn coloured hair.

Phyllis Eleanor Berry was last seen in Terlingua, Texas in November 1975 at the age of 21 - again, this puts her slightly over Eklutna Annie’s estimated age range. Her race / ethnicity is listed American Indian / Alaska Native and was enrolled with The Chickasaw Nation. This may explain a possible link to Alaska? Her height is specified to be between 5’3 - 5’7 (quite a big range IMO, but the shortest height of 5’3 coincides with Eklutna Annie’s tallest estimated height) and weight between 110 - 10 lbs.

Very interesting, Ws thread..
TX - TX - Phyllis Berry, 21, Terlingua, 1 Nov 1975

They both seem possible. I wouldn't let a slight height difference stop you from submitting Phyllis. It sounds as though no one is really sure how tall she was, so they're giving a best guess based on memory of her being an "average" size compared to people they knew?

They both seem possible. I wouldn't let a slight height difference stop you from submitting Phyllis. It sounds as though no one is really sure how tall she was, so they're giving a best guess based on memory of her being an "average" size compared to people they knew?

This is very true. I have emailed Eklutna Annie’s contact on NamUs with both Phyllis and Mary as potentials for comparison, so I will update on here if I receive a reply :)

Been looking into this recently. Does anyone know if Janet Kramer has been ruled out?

3709DFMN - Janet Kramer

A possible runaway from a minnesota girls home in 1971 age 14. Fits the description pretty much of Annie. She wasn't reported missing until 2015 when her sister went looking for her - there were no reports made or kept in the home she was in.

Janet Kramer

Do we know who exactly is taking on her case for Alaska Bureau of Investigations? I'd love to know any updates.

Thank God Robin was able to go home. Let's hope Annie will go home soon too.

Lisa Rene Sprague looks so much like her and is wearing a HEAR PENDANT in her photo. Not the same but a similar style. I just can't get over the height. Lisa was 5'10 and Eklutna Annie was 4'11 - 5'3 according to Doe Network. So much lines up but I don't know if I should call it in... Should Lisa be excluded just on height?
Digital image created from study of morgue photographs to depict an estimation of the victim in life
Original

Eklutna Annie UP10217Lisa Rene Sprague MP61421
SexFemaleFemale
RaceWhite/CaucasianWhite/Caucasian
Age16 - 2517
DLC/DOD1979 - 1980Fall 1978
Height5'11 - 5'35'10
WeightUnknown130 - 155 pounds
Hair ColorLong, light brown with red tint.Blond/Brown hair.
Eye ColorUnknownBrown.
CircumstancesPossibly picked up from CaliforniaLast seen in Ventura, California.
DistanceValencia-Eklutna3,335 miles (58hr)
Height seems to be the only thing really off with this match. Should we exclude her on just this? Just saw that exclusions list and Lisa in not an exclusion.

Lisa Rene Sprague looks so much like her and is wearing a HEAR PENDANT in her photo. Not the same but a similar style. I just can't get over the height. Lisa was 5'10 and Eklutna Annie was 4'11 - 5'3 according to Doe Network. So much lines up but I don't know if I should call it in... Should Lisa be excluded just on height?
Digital image created from study of morgue photographs to depict an estimation of the victim in life
Original

Eklutna Annie UP10217Lisa Rene Sprague MP61421
SexFemaleFemale
RaceWhite/CaucasianWhite/Caucasian
Age16 - 2517
DLC/DOD1979 - 1980Fall 1978
Height5'11 - 5'35'10
WeightUnknown130 - 155 pounds
Hair ColorLong, light brown with red tint.Blond/Brown hair.
Eye ColorUnknownBrown.
CircumstancesPossibly picked up from CaliforniaLast seen in Ventura, California.
DistanceValencia-Eklutna3,335 miles (58hr)
Height seems to be the only thing really off with this match. Should we exclude her on just this? Just saw that exclusions list and Lisa in not an exclusion.
Oddly in your link, Ekluntna Doe is listed as 5'11 - 5'3 leading me to think that it is always possible that the 1 and the 0 could have been mixed up for either or both females. Wouldn't hurt to send it in, imo, speculation.

Oddly in your link, Ekluntna Doe is listed as 5'11 - 5'3 leading me to think that it is always possible that the 1 and the 0 could have been mixed up for either or both females. Wouldn't hurt to send it in, imo, speculation.
Ohhh.... The 5'11 to 5'3 seems to be on my part. I meant 4'11 - 5'3. For me, so few details are available in Lisa's case that height could have been an estimate but that's just IMO. 5'10 is a perfect 70" so it may have been an estimate.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back