AK AK - Anchorage, 'Eklutna Annie' WhtFem 311UFAK, 16-23, unique jewelry, Jul'80

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
OMG! I had to go back and fact check to make sure I wasn’t misremembering. If I didn’t know better I would say this is Tiffany Sessions. :eek:

I’ll have to read more on Eklutna Annie, I’m not very familiar with her case. I have researched Aleca and she was from Alaska. Petite, other stats seem to fit. I hadn’t thought of her heading back to Alaska but it’s possible.

Thank you dotr! I saw a picture of Aleca today and read her details of disappearance. When I saw Alaska I immediately thought of Eklutna Annie. The picture of her in the burgundy purplish blouse looks a lot like Annie's recons. Robert Hansen's killings were from 1971-1983. Her remains her skeletal so could the timeframe be off a bit for her time of death? Or could Aleca have left her life behind in AZ for a couple of years prior if she is Annie?

Have placed flowers on her grave...I will keep trying to get her name back.
I hope this message finds you well. One of your fellow Alaskans asked about this case on the DNA Doe Project's Facebook page and Margaret Press gave this answer: ''We have not been contacted by the agency. Feel free to suggest us to them. We do occasionally get cases where the agency tells us a citizen called in about it.'' Since you are a longtime resident of the area and have a keen interest in this case, I suggest you contact the agency responsible for this case and suggest them the DNA Doe Project. They have solved a lot of cases through forensic genealogy, including one with a man who had been dead for more than a century! Emphasizing a case like that will surely attract interest of the agency.

Watched an episode of "Mark of a Killer" last night about Robert Hansen's crimes. Was not familiar at all with these cases and how he transported the victims on his own private plane to remote locations.

The story of his last victim really got to me. Thanks to her authorities were finally able to stop him.

Alaskan Serial Killer Released His Victims Into The Wilderness — Then Hunted Them Down Like Game

That June, Hansen abducted teenage sex worker Cindy Paulson and raped and tortured her in the basement of his home, according to the Anchorage Daily News. The next day, he drove her to an airfield to fly her off into the wilderness and certain death.

As Hansen loaded his plane, Paulson saw an opportunity to make a break for it. Barefoot and handcuffed, she ran to a nearby road and flagged down a trucker, who drove her to the Anchorage Police Department.

Investigators immediately recognized that Paulson’s abduction fit the MO of the serial killer they were tracking, and they asked Paulson to describe her abductor.

Having memorized Hansen’s address, car model, plane, and physical description, Paulson was able to lead investigators to the local hunter, who claimed he had never met Paulson. Hansen also had an alibi that checked out, but investigators were suspicious.

They questioned Hansen’s friends who said they were with him the night of Paulson’s abduction, and his alibi quickly cracked. He was arrested at Hansen’s Bakery, and authorities served a search warrant at Hansen’s property

Hope that new technology can finally identify "Horseshoe Harriet" and "Eklutna Annie"

Also posting this at Horseshoe Harriet's thread: AK - AK - Wasilla, 'Horseshoe Harriet' WhtFem UP12846, 19-20, SK victim, Apr'84

Did NCMEC's reconstruction of Eklutna Annie come out before or after Hanson died? I'm curious if he was ever shown it so he can clarify if it was accurate.

Aug 26 2020
Anchorage cold case office joins 6 others across US focusing on missing and murdered Indigenous women
''Ida Rose Jacomet, 37, was last seen Oct. 2, 1975, at the Circle M Bar on an old highway near Fairbanks. The only clue left behind was that her purse was found in the parking lot. If she is alive today, she would be 82.

Valerie Sifsof disappeared from a campground about 65 miles southeast of Anchorage, last seen by her boyfriend about midnight on July 7, 2012. Search teams tried in vain but never found Sisof or her body. She would be 51 years old, if she's alive.

In the village of Fort Yukon, located just above the Arctic Circle 400 miles north of Anchorage, 62-year-old Lorraine Juanita Ginnis was spotted walking near her home Oct. 4, 2018. She hasn't been seen since.
These women are among the hundreds of Alaska Native or American Indian women who have gone missing over the years, and in many instances, their cases have gone cold.

Now the Bureau of Indian Affairs Office of Justice Services is opening seven Operation Lady Justice Task Force cold case offices across the country to concentrate on the number of missing and murdered Indigenous women.''

From link, thanks.
''In the ID special, retired Anchorage PD officer Maxine Farrell said that it was Eklutna Annie’s body that put her on the scent that there may be a serial killer working in the area. When she examined Annie’s body, Farrell “immediately” thought she was a prostitute, based on her clothing and jewelry, which is what sent up a red flag when another street prostitute went missing shortly thereafter.''

“I got the missing persons reports and I began to get information about relatives and information about jewelry they wore. I was a psychology major, so I knew a lot of these serial killers kept souvenirs. I finally made a spreadsheet of it … By the time I got finished, I had about 10 girls. I went to my superiors, advised them that there was a serial killer because of the number of girls I was collecting as missing persons and they laughed at me and said no, you’re wrong. They thought I was stupid. Stupid woman thinking there’s a serial killer. I wasn’t stupid.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrina
Back