AK, NY Israel Keyes - Who are all of his victims???

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.ktuu.com/israel-keyes-suicide-prompts-action-to-dismiss-charges-121312,0,7846030.story

Israel Keyes' Suicide Prompts Action to Dismiss Charges

A serial killer's recent suicide has prompted federal prosecutors to seek dismissal of charges in the slaying of an Alaska barista. Prosecutors in Anchorage said in a motion filed this week that the indictment against Israel Keyes "is abated by his death" by law. A federal magistrate recommends granting the motion and has forwarded it to the judge assigned to the case against Keyes, who confessed to the February murder of 18-year-old barista Samantha Koenig in Anchorage, as well as others across the country.

<snip> when he paid his lawyers.<snip>

SBM - when I read this part, it occurred to me that any money he used for that had to be bank robbery money from the azle texas robbery, so would the lawyer have to give it back and then he gets a public defender, or does the lawyer get to keep it and they figure they can't prove it was robbery money so oh well, or you know...

not really a question I'm asking anyone so much as something that sort of amused me when it all occurred to me.. certainly NOTHING with Keyes was simple, not even after he's long dead. JMO

SBM - when I read this part, it occurred to me that any money he used for that had to be bank robbery money from the azle texas robbery, so would the lawyer have to give it back and then he gets a public defender, or does the lawyer get to keep it and they figure they can't prove it was robbery money so oh well, or you know...

not really a question I'm asking anyone so much as something that sort of amused me when it all occurred to me.. certainly NOTHING with Keyes was simple, not even after he's long dead. JMO

Ironically, LE/FBI is releasing investigative info to the public now, and I am appreciative of this decision. If investigators had released his physical description/sketch & vehicle description asap after Samantha Koenig's abduction. The Azle, Texas bank robbery may have been prevented..

IK would have been located within 24/36 hours due to a tip from an aware citizen, imo. This opinion is based on years of research and the apprehension of 3 serial & spree killers over 3 months a couple of years ago..

http://articles.ktuu.com/2012-12-03/israel-keyes_35577303

Authorities: Israel Keyes Confessed to Vt. Killings, Texas Bank Robbery
December 03, 2012|By Rebecca Palsha, Chris Klint and Ted Land | Channel 2 News
<sniped & BBM>

ANCHORAGE, Alaska &#8212; Accused serial killer Israel Keyes, who was found dead in his Anchorage Jail cell Sunday morning, traveled across the country with the specific purpose of &#8220;kidnapping and murdering,&#8221; law enforcement told reporters in Vermont on Monday.

According to a story from the Azle News, the robber allegedly ordered tellers to give him money, and left after receiving an unspecified amount of cash. Nobody was injured in the robbery, which took less than two minutes. The branch was closed the next day as stunned employees recovered from the heist.

In a March interview with Channel 2, National Bank of Texas President Steve Parker said that the robber in the Azle incident was "very controlling," and that Keyes being behind bars in the Koenig case was a welcome development.

&#8220;We were just glad that as controlling as he was, that nobody was hurt -- that&#8217;s the only thing we cared about,&#8221; Parker said. &#8220;We&#8217;re elated that they&#8217;ve got the guy.&#8221;

Today's news..
bbm.
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2013/08/20/21061416.html

"As well as spending time in Montreal, where he picked up prostitutes, Keyes also travelled through Yukon and B.C.

"When he committed suicide, he took his secrets with him," Gonzalez said.

From March 1-9, 2007, he travelled the Alaska-Canadian Highway, making stops in Cache Creek, B.C.; Watson Lake, Yukon; Destruction Bay, Yukon; and Teslin, Yukon.

Assistant U.S. attorney Kevin Feldis, who participated in Keyes' interrogations, said police don't have an exact timeline for when Keyes went to Montreal"

SNIP

"Keyes also admitted to frequenting prostitutes during his travels, and it is unknown at this time if he met any of his victims in this manner. Keyes indicated the victims are male and female and range in age from late teens to the elderly," an FBI statement says.

The FBI asks any Yukoners or British Columbians who remember seeing him to contact them at 1-800-CALL-FBI."

Regarding the BC/Yukon/Alaska trip when IK moved from Neah Bay to Anchorage....

This is the timetable I come up with for the trip, base on FBI info and plugging the dates and locations into google maps:

March 1/07 - left Neah Bay (or possibly crossed the border into BC)

March 5 - hotel reservation in Cache Creek, BC (393 miles; 8 hrs 30 min from Neah Bay) [where was IK between Mar 1 and Mar 5?]

March 7 -- hotel reservation in Watson Lake, Yukon (1,033 miles; 20:22 from Cache Creek) [He must have stopped somewhere in between the night of March 6]

March 8 - hotel reservation in Teslin Lake Yukon (170 miles; 3:38 from Watson Lake)

March 8 - hotel reservation in Destruction Bay, Yukon ( 263 miles 5:32 from Teslin Lake) [two reservations for the same night. Which place did he stay at?]

March 9 - crossed border between Yukon and Alaska.

link to google map:

http://goo.gl/maps/oA8dB

"But Keyes' relationship with the media was odd, said Bell. Before his arrest he would comment under news stories about the kidnapping of Samantha Koenig, and the murders of Bill and Loraine Currire, a Vermont couple that he admitted to slaying.

&#8220;He enjoyed seeing the media reports on all the crimes he did, and knowing he did it, and nobody else knew he did,&#8221; said Bell.

On March 3, 2012 Keyes left the following comment under a KTVA story: &#8220;I hate to say this, at this point there is no hope. And I would also like to point out innocent until proven guilty. Stupid people like to blame others because he sounds like a prime suspect without any proof that they actually did it. And she wasn&#8217;t so innocent either, the dumb b**** played with others emotions, and with this guy, and she has a boyfriend, so you have to wonder about the consequences. I really wish she is found, learned lessons.&#8221; "

http://www.ktva.com/home/top-storie...nt-than-everyone-else-219586601.html?strypg=1

more at link

"He spoke of several &#8220;kill caches,&#8221; stuffed with guns and things like Drano, that would help dispose of bodies, and he told law officers he never took trophies, but used other caches, caches that &#8220;weren&#8217;t his.&#8221; They were stuffed with victims' belongings.

But he only gave the location of two of those.
"

more at link - http://www.ktva.com/home/top-storie...nt-than-everyone-else-219586601.html?strypg=2

Im' not sure I understand what they're saying there, caches that weren't his, and were stuffed with his victim's belongings? what?

"He spoke of several “kill caches,” stuffed with guns and things like Drano, that would help dispose of bodies, and he told law officers he never took trophies, but used other caches, caches that “weren’t his.” They were stuffed with victims' belongings.

But he only gave the location of two of those.
"

more at link - http://www.ktva.com/home/top-storie...nt-than-everyone-else-219586601.html?strypg=2

Im' not sure I understand what they're saying there, caches that weren't his, and were stuffed with his victim's belongings? what?

GGE, he stated he never took trophies,I do not believe this for 1 single minute, what would be the purpose of breaking in houses???...maybe he didn't take trophies off his dead victims, but he broke in the homes to steal what he could or what he wanted for himself and would then burn the homes so no prints and etc.would be found...IMO I think he probably buried a lot of items he stole because he definitely could not pawn or sell by it being too risky for him getting caught...Remember in the released article and also at his Act of Random Blog, he confessed that he started breaking in houses as a child, said it was easy for him and his buddies to break in (I take that to mean that no-one would think of a small child breaking and entering) also said he carried a gun with him about everywhere he went and that would have to be a stolen gun...so don't let things said by him make you think it is written in stone....He was a chronic Liar as much as he was a killer.....To prove that I can say I bet if you were friends with the GF in his life...He has told her tons of lies about his trips and etc....He admitted after he got caught, it was getting hard to control his urges, so therefore he said he had many stories made up for reason's he had to take a trip............I'm hoping they will find these cache's in time and I'm sure if they do, there will be many things that will not be even connected to murdering items, probably tons of items would be known of houses broken into...all this as I say is moo but I feel he had murder kits, plus after each robbery that will be found out, I feel he may have buried items taken also but I feel he either mapped each place or marked each place these was buried at so at some time in the future he could go back and I guess he would have had tons of money and fancy items and by the time he done this, the cases I feel would be long forgotten about (arson's that is)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Fort_Lewis#Suicides_etc_at_.22a_deeply_troubled_base.22

WOW, the base he was at seems to have tons of BAD Problems going on there
#1 base for suicide's....and much more at the above link

Hope someone can help, when he was caught and told authorites he was 2 different people, that no-one really knows me and etc..and then he was asked how long he had been 2 different people and he responded 14 years....Given the time he went into the army and up to that date would it not almost be exact to the time he 1st entered the army???

and from Lucky 1's post back on the geographic location, I'm sure he trained on lots of various grounds from highly wooded, almost desert type land, and high rocks...

I'm not trying to get off course here, but when I went in last evening and read some of Lucky1's posts..as I read some, it ran chills up my back.....there is something in the army time that truly bothers me in some WEIRD WAY....can't explain it yet, but have thought about the Why's How's a lot all last evening....Maybe I need some caffeine ...lol

Could the location in the base somehow be tied to all the murders believed to be in Washington State in some weird or odd way???.....Could he have trained in some of the WATER locations, therefore making it easy for him to travel via boat to several locations after he started murdering???...Just can't put my finger on why this bothered me so bad

Quote:
Joint Base Lewis-McChord is a training and mobilization center for all services and is the only Army power-projection base west of the Rocky Mountains. Its geographic location provides rapid access to the deep water ports of Tacoma, Olympia and Seattle for deploying equipment. Units can be deployed from McChord Field, and individuals and small groups can also use nearby Sea-Tac Airport.

Also it says when this base was started in the early 1900's it took some of an Indian Tribe's land???....and it went to the Federal Government so they could start construction on the 1st base there
Could this perhaps been some of IK'S grandfather's, great grandfather's land and he somehow wanted revenge by the land being taken from this Indian Tribe??
IDK.....but it truly bothers me for some reason and I can't get the correct words to type as to how or why it bothers me.............Oh well maybe some more thinking and etc.

Fort Lewis was originally established in 1917 with the passage of a Pierce County bond measure to purchase 70,000 acres (280 km2) of land to donate to the federal government for permanent use as a military installation. A portion of the initial land was taken from the Nisqually tribe's reservation. In 1927, Pierce County passed another bond measure to establish a military airfield just north of Fort Lewis. The airfield, called Tacoma Field, opened in 1930 and was renamed McChord Field in 1940. McChord Field separated from Fort Lewis when the U.S. Air Force was created in 1947 and was subsequently renamed McChord Air Force Base. The two bases operated independently of one another for more than 60 years before merging in 2010.

-------------------------------------------

O/T: The US Air Force was created in 1947? Wow I guess it never occurred to me that flying was "new" and we wouldn't have a whole military branch dedicated to it until so "recently". My dad was in the Air Force in Korea and I never got to know him so have no knowledge of this sort of history, I guess I should spend some time reading wiki and see what I can find out.

Not so O/T: You mentioned Sea-Tac which got my interest because I"ve always found it interesting that of all the airports he flies into and out of, he's hands down at that one the most. Was at that one the most. Before he killed himself, or whatever. I realize it was "simply" the closest airport to make sense for him most of the time but we're talkign about IK here - "simple" is NOT the best explanation for ANYTHING he did. IMO

http://amishamerica.com/why-dont-amish-serve-in-the-military/

Why don&#8217;t Amish serve in the military?
Amish refuse to fight in wars, serve on police forces, or sue in a court of law

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amish

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ordnung
BBM
Examples of Practices Prohibited by the Ordnung:

air transportation
central heating in houses
divorce
electricity from public power lines
entering military service
filing a lawsuit
jewelry, including wedding rings and wrist watches
joining worldly (public) organizations
owning computers, televisions, radios
owning and operating an automobile
pipeline milking equipment
using tractors for fieldwork
wall-to-wall carpeting

&#8212; Donald B. Kraybill , The Riddle of Amish Culture, Revised Edition p.115

I think his military service was just another rebellion against his parents religion, but it also fit with his personality and goals. He seemed to be trying to violate as many of the ordnung as possible IMO.

His attorneys are public defenders. Rich Curtner is a federal public defender in Alaska and I believe Jacqueline Walsh from Seattle was contracted because of her expertise in death penalty cases.

His attorneys are public defenders. Rich Curtner is a federal public defender in Alaska and I believe Jacqueline Walsh from Seattle was contracted because of her expertise in death penalty cases.

TY for posting this... do you know if they are still working on IK's behalf ? If so,why ? TIA

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/serial_killers/notorious/bundy/11.html

Ted Bundy
BY Rachael Bell
The Great Escape

Almost seven months later, Bundy again attempted an escape, but this time he was more successful. On December 30th, he crawled up into the ceiling of the Garfield County Jail and made his way to another part of the building. He managed to find another opening in the ceiling that led down into the closet of a jailer's apartment. He sat and waited until he knew the apartment was empty, then casually walked out of the front door to his freedom. His escape would go undiscovered until the following afternoon, more than fifteen hours later.

By the time police learned of his escape, Bundy was well on his way to Chicago. Chicago was one of the few stops that Bundy would make along the route to his final destination, sunny Florida. By mid January of 1978 Ted Bundy, using his newly acquired name Chris Hagen, had settled comfortably into a one-room apartment in Tallahassee, Florida.

Ted Bundy enjoyed his new found freedom in a place that knew little if nothing about him or his past. Bundy was stimulated by intelligence and youth and felt comfortable in his new environment nearby Florida State University. He spent much of his free time walking around F.S.U.'s campus, occasionally ducking into classes unnoticed and listening in on lectures. When he was not wandering around campus, he would spend his time in his apartment watching the television he had stolen. Theft became second nature to Bundy. Almost everything in his apartment was stolen merchandise. Even the food he ate was purchased from stolen credit cards.

Ted Bundy enjoyed his new found freedom in a place that knew little if nothing about him or his past. Bundy was stimulated by intelligence and youth and felt comfortable in his new environment nearby Florida State University. He spent much of his free time walking around F.S.U.'s campus, occasionally ducking into classes unnoticed and listening in on lectures. When he was not wandering around campus, he would spend his time in his apartment watching the television he had stolen. Theft became second nature to Bundy. Almost everything in his apartment was stolen merchandise. Even the food he ate was purchased from stolen credit cards.

This is EXACTLY how I would have seen IK in future years....I still feel he probably buried a lot of items he stole while breaking into homes or there is a storage unit that has not or may never be found with items in it...I really 100% believe this.....NOTICE....about everything in Bundy's apartment was stolen merchandise???.....I can see IK while still somewhat in his younger years robbing banks and stashing some for his older years, buying a home somewhere and then decorating it with stolen items and I'm sure he hid some cash in a place un-known....He sure didn't work much that is for sure...sending the daughter to college and then I can see him sitting back in a big recliner laughing and thinking of the many bad things he done to have and own his own home...and I would dare say he would have had money to retire on since he robbed banks and houses...That just seems to be his LAZY way of doing.....and to be perfectly honest.....I feel they should interrogate the GF just as they did him, she was either the dumbest woman on the face of the earth or just didn't care what was going on....Taking in and believing the lies about his many trips....HELLO...how many trips would be required for a Construction Worker??...Not many for sure...and as he worked very little it seems...Where in the world did she think the money for these cruises come from???.......I have heard from a friend of mine that lives in Anchorage, she did a radio show interview, cried and said she didn't know anything about his crimes nor did she know he would be the type that would kidnap and kill...but that is supposed to be all that is known her to say and IMO.....He was not home much at all, I feel IK used her to be his baby-sitter since his daughter came to live there...she literally became a Mom in a matter of a night...I know I sure would not want to be used like this....makes me kinda wonder if he loved her or used her like a piece of garbage...remember the house they lived in was in her name..so Keyes literally
had nothing but maybe his truck??? WOW

I followed and posted a few times on the Bill and Irene Currier threads here on WS. I remember reading an interview given by a friend of Irene. At the beginning of their disappearance. Irene's friend said that shortly before the couple disappeared Irene told her about a certain guy that she felt was stalking her. The friend states that Irene felt he was "becoming obsessed with her ". Supposedly, this was the reason that Bill bought a gun. This was discussed quite a bit on the Curriers' threads.

What are the odds of it being someone other than IK who was stalking Irene ? Yet, we have been told that he chose their home based on logistic factors.And that he never knew them before he abducted them ? That they were random victims ...?

jmo

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/t/tyler_giovanna.html

missing person with ties to Neah Bay, not sure if related

I have been trying to find any missing "pairs" of a male and female, probably unmarried but could be friends, bf/gf, described as a "couple" that went missing in WA/OR/ID but I guess he could have gotten them from farther, supposedly buried in WA, indicating that bodies haven't been recovered. I wonder if LE has any good leads they are investigating.

Also I think BS on his reasoning not wanting his "daughter to know when she looks him up", I mean why do any of those horrible things in the first place, why have a daughter and family and just be his lone sick murdering self? Lots of single guys in the PNW/AK wouldn't be too weird. IDK, I hate watching his videos must be do frustrating to interview, him constantly asking about his "situation" and "wanting to know whats in it for him", ummmm life in prison for murder buddy what do you think, I wish he just wrote down all his victims, what a coward.

the fact that he commented on articles about the curriers makes me wonder..... but no, surely he wouldn't have posted here.

Eyeopening...

1970s & 1980s - AK Serial Killer Robert Hansen ; The Butcher Baker (Documentary)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SZvAXKdt_s"]Robert Hansen ; The Butcher Baker (Documentary) - YouTube[/ame]

Eyeopening...

1970s & 1980s - AK Serial Killer Robert Hansen ; The Butcher Baker (Documentary)

Robert Hansen ; The Butcher Baker (Documentary) - YouTube

WOW Foxfire.....this has so many things that are almost IK instead of this man...Maybe Keyes studied this serial killer also and the fact it was in Anchorage also....Social Misfit, getting angry easily over small things, just an average Joe and owned a bakery, but when he got or choose a victim, it shows his treatment was very mean, said he liked to taunt and hunt those he choose and in the end he ruled the authorities similar to Keyes, he would tell names if his family was left out of it but a BIGGIE to me was "He wanted to be confined outside of Anchorage"!!!!!!!!!!!!...He was a control freak almost identical to IK and he always took a prize from his victims----very hard for LE to find but after time they found his black box full of PRIZES.....My thoughts only....I truly believe if they keep working on this IK Case....they will find some type of prize from IK victims also..no matter what he told authorities, he knew in his mind how this would end (in his mind) so I personally feel he lied a lot during the last interviews...I know that investigators say they have no reason to believe he did lie...but looking closely at how he looks through his eyes when asked a question he don't like, how he squirms or at least he makes a small move to the left...I definitely believe lies were flowing from his mouth on some questions..but is all moo

maybe that is why I can't get the supposedly suicide from going through my thick skull...could IK be confined somewhere out of AK???....OH MY time for me to quit...just my own thought
Thanks Foxfire for this post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member