AK - Samantha Koenig, 18, Anchorage, 01 Feb 2012 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
not really LE, but I believe LE knows she will not be found with flyers, or by splashing her face on the tv screen...None of the FBI has said to look for Sam, but to call in if you know about IK. Its not a find Sam mission any longer, its a "who is IK" mission. Only ppl on FB seem to be looking for Sam, LE is looking for ppl who know IK,

KWIM? and just my feelings from the most recent presser.

Well if he did leave on the 2nd he couldn't have gone anywhere remote in time

As far as access, snowmachine and airplanes can be used all winter. They put skis on planes. Snowmachines will go through pretty much any depth of snow.

So the 8 ft or 20 ft of snow doesn't really limit any access

Thanks 907. I was reading about all the moose on the highways because they can't get in the woods and figured if a moose can't do it, a snow machine would have a hard time. :)

It has been shared. It is over 71,000

It hasn't been updated in a while, nor has it been on flyers anymore.

Kind of a big debate about the reward fund on the ADN comments of the last story.
http://www.adn.com/2012/03/27/2394159/man-linked-to-missing-barista.html
The highest amount on the fliers was $71,000 but the main commenter for the family (PG) kept repeating the reward amount at $50,000. JK admitted he's using the funds for bills, etc. and was supposedly seen buying computer equipment, so I would be surprised if the amount was still even $50K, even after the continued donations.

Kind of a big debate about the reward fund on the ADN comments of the last story.
http://www.adn.com/2012/03/27/2394159/man-linked-to-missing-barista.html
The highest amount on the fliers was $71,000 but the main commenter for the family (PG) kept repeating the reward amount at $50,000. JK admitted he's using the funds for bills, etc. and was supposedly seen buying computer equipment, so I would be surprised if the amount was still even $50K, even after the continued donations.

http://helpfindsamanthakoenig.com/Forum/index.php?topic=15.0

Here's the family's official website. On the forum it says [$70K] <--- <mod insert>
<modsnip>

February 20, 2012, 08:36:00 PM

There have been fundraisers since that date so it might be more now. Until a family spokesperson comes forward to update, we'll just have to assume that is the reward amount.

http://helpfindsamanthakoenig.com/ More articles about the reward amount and fundraisers are on the front page of the official website.

There was a "dead or alive" reward of $250,000 offered by another man. If they were trying to encourage someone to come forward, that would be a generous offer.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2012/03/03/2051857/for-the-right-tip-the-showboat.html

What is this all about? I'm sorry but I don't see that anyone bashing anyone. Bessie said that we could discuss fb again as long as we kept it respectful and I don't see that anyone has been out of line here.

Thanks isn't enough Snowbunny. Bessie said we could discuss FB and comments on articles as long as we only link and don't copy. I think most posters have been very respectful and kind.

Sooo...
Since IK is being held on a device fraud charge.. he will for sure be held until his trial on that charge, right? They couldn't hold him with just suspicion of kidnapping, or could they?

Sooo...
Since IK is being held on a device fraud charge.. he will for sure be held until his trial on that charge, right? They couldn't hold him with just suspicion of kidnapping, or could they?

Technically no they can't, that is why the fraud charges are what he is being held on, and probably why it is stated he is a danger to the public and flight risk.

The police can't hold without cause unless they present their case to the DA's office. IF that story is good enough (evidence etc) you can be held without bail on a misdemeanor (rarely happens but I have seen it).

Danger to the pubic is very handy, it can mean that the actual public is in danger or he is a target and someone taking the law into their own hands make hurt someone else in the public. (if some group decides to being public stonings back on a whim)

Since they know he has left the state during the time Samantha went missing and his arrest then he can be a flight risk.

Sure would love to know if that gun that was in his possession looks anything like this?
2269-suspect-single-1.jpg

Just looking back and saw this .... I think you would be pretty hard pressed to find a pair of those gloves in Texas. I have them but I lived in Oregon ... they look a tad warm for any cold we get down here.

I don't think it's been mentioned yet, but there was another vigil for Samantha on Wednesday night marking 8 weeks since her disappearance.

"ANCHORAGE, Alaska The family and friends of a woman abducted two months ago have held another candlelight vigil in Anchorage to remind people that 18-year-old Samantha Koenig is still missing."

"Israel Keyes pleaded not guilty to a charge of access device fraud. Federal prosecutors say he made cash withdrawals from a stolen debit card, which was not Koenig's. They have not said why they think Keyes is connected to Koenig's disappearance.

KTUU-TV (http://bit.ly/Hln8Af )

I saw that they were hanging out at intersections all over the city ... didn't think to mention it.

Sometimes I think you lot are all in my computer and know what I have read and what I haven't lol

Thank you. That was what I was trying to figure out. None of those charges explain why they can detain him by themselves.

Any chance he is known with LE for pot use. Maybe became a minor informant for a reduced sentence? It was a strange document. Maybe when the police searched the house they found more then the amount of personal pot one can have in AK and the SO said it was his?

The big drug bust up there keeps popping into my head and gnaws away. You mentioned finding stuff in the house, he wasn't the only one that lived there.
I can't help but wonder what KA knows about this. Money coming in, trips here and there ... obviously from no where.

I'd have to wonder ....

KTVA Channel 11 News
about a minute ago (9:50pm AK Time)
Major police presence at Keyes' Anchorage home, previously searched the night before his arrest.

Hope THAT's ok to post.

You're fine mate. When you are some time have a look at all the rules and regulations (it may take you a whole weekend lol) but they really are worth reading :)

Don't be getting all paranoid, there are enough long time members that can tell you if you are getting too close to fine lines. Even people that have been here a while sometimes wander off the track.

KTVA Channel 11 News
about a minute ago (9:50pm AK Time)
Major police presence at Keyes' Anchorage home, previously searched the night before his arrest.

Hope THAT's ok to post.

They must have got word on something, which makes me ask again, surely someone else knew or at least had an idea of something being wrong.

One thing that every does is post a link to what you have read/commented on. That way we can all just click on it :)

You're fine mate. When you are some time have a look at all the rules and regulations (it may take you a whole weekend lol) but they really are worth reading :)

Don't be getting all paranoid, there are enough long time members that can tell you if you are getting too close to fine lines. Even people that have been here a while sometimes wander off the track.

Thanks. I do include a link whenever I can. I just didn't realize a public reward fund should be such a scandalous topic, I guess. Given that many others have commented on it in recent days, I'm not sure why my being concerned about the loss of community support because of the handling of the fund in this case was censored.. but ok..

Hello, all. I've been tied up with work and family matters the past couple of days, so I'm just catching up tonight.

I had to remove several posts because members were bickering. Once again, if you read a post that you think is in violation of the rules, don't take it upon yourself to correct the poster. Use the alert function (triangle outlined in red in the top right corner of each post box) so the mods can handle the situation. If you are uncertain whether a post is allowed, pm a mod for clarification. Do not disrupt the thread by arguing back and forth.

In most instances, it is permissible to reference a comment following an MSM article. Do not copy and paste, but use the date and time or post number as a means to direct readers to the comment. It's also good form to include a reminder that the comment is a rumor. BUT...remember to use good judgment. Consider the credibility of the comment. Was the commenter's intent to inform? Or to create controversy? To harm? If either of the latter apply, then leave the comment right where you found it. Do not mention it here.

Regarding JK's statements about the reward fund, we can discuss them within the context of what was published by MSM. We can question and disagree with his statements respectfully. We cannot use his statements as a reason to bash him.

Good posting requires three main ingredients: common sense, courtesy, and respect. :)

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65798"]Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91915"]Best Practices Dealing with your fellow posters - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97021"]Threadiquette- Questions about rules welcome here - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

One more thing to remember -- if you quote another post within your post, and the first post has to be removed by a mod, your post might end up being removed as well.

Thanks. I do include a link whenever I can. I just didn't realize a public reward fund should be such a scandalous topic, I guess. Given that many others have commented on it in recent days, I'm not sure why my being concerned about the loss of community support because of the handling of the fund in this case was censored.. but ok..

Probably a misunderstanding :) The reward fund has been raised a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem