AK - Samantha Koenig, 18, Anchorage, 01 Feb 2012 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the mask showed up enough in the video to show that it matched the masks used in the various bank/ATM card uses. And that is why LE did not want to show the video and said it would be a matter in a trial. Also it kept this guy from tossing the mask, although it was still stupid not to get rid of it...MO

My thoughts exactly!!!

Obviously this guy is not the brightest. He could also have been under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol which makes people do really stupid things.

Thanks! I hadn't seen that one before. So James says it's not a friend or customer, but rather a friend of a friend. I wonder what makes him think so.

James has said different things depending on who he has spoken too, but he certainly sounded like he was talking to someone he knew or knew about during his pleas on FB.

I think the mask showed up enough in the video to show that it matched the masks used in the various bank/ATM card uses. And that is why LE did not want to show the video and said it would be a matter in a trial. Also it kept this guy from tossing the mask, although it was still stupid not to get rid of it...MO

How would LE know that the mask is what would be good in a trial? And why did they think they would find the mask on the people ..... in Texas? lol

That whole protecting a future jury was a crock.

I guess it's just coincidence that the second place Keyes used the card was at the bank that holds the reward money.

Neat little timeline chart of the case here: http://articles.ktuu.com/2012-03-22/debit-card_31227486

Why did Keyes wait a month to begin using the card? And the same question again, why was the credit card still active a month after being reported stolen? With the same PIN? How can Person A afford to have $3598 in an account that's been compromised?

How would LE know that the mask is what would be good in a trial? And why did they think they would find the mask on the people ..... in Texas? lol

That whole protecting a future jury was a crock.

My thought is that they had this guy, with this mask, on other videos and kept getting more of them as he continued to rob his way south. Maybe he looks and acts exactly the same way in each video. That would be something they could show in a trial, especially if they have the mask, and it is hard to tell who the person is otherwise. Also, if they knew he used it in AZ, for instance, there would be a good chance he would still have it by the time they caught up with him.

I guess it's just coincidence that the second place Keyes used the card was at the bank that holds the reward money.

Neat little timeline chart of the case here: http://articles.ktuu.com/2012-03-22/debit-card_31227486

Why did Keyes wait a month to begin using the card? And the same question again, why was the credit card still active a month after being reported stolen? With the same PIN? How can Person A afford to have $3598 in an account that's been compromised?

I don't get that at all. FIRST thing one would do, imo, is close their account or move the money somewhere else. And I still do not understand why the bank let it keep on going. We have had our account 'skimmed;' twice in the last year, and both times the bank closed it down immediately upon confirming that we were not in another state making large purchases. Immediately. I cannot imagine them allowing the thieves to continue taking out 500 bucks a day for so long. The only way I can see them doing so is if they were told that it might lead to finding Sam.

IF Keyes was the one that actually stole the card wouldn't the indictment include breaking into the car and CC theft?

You really want me to say again why he waited ? lol

I don't get that at all. FIRST thing one would do, imo, is close their account or move the money somewhere else. And I still do not understand why the bank let it keep on going. We have had our account 'skimmed;' twice in the last year, and both times the bank closed it down immediately upon confirming that we were not in another state making large purchases. Immediately. I cannot imagine them allowing the thieves to continue taking out 500 bucks a day for so long. The only way I can see them doing so is if they were told that it might lead to finding Sam.

This bugs me too...doesn't make much sense. Also, why would the person that stole the card wait so long to use it? Generally speaking, I would think you would be trying to use it before the person it was stolen from realized it was gone....usually after almost a month the card owner would realize it was missing and have shut it down and replaced it, even if they didn't see you break into their car. :waitasec:

IF Keyes was the one that actually stole the card wouldn't the indictment include breaking into the car and CC theft?

You really want me to say again why he waited ? lol

I'd like to hear it again. Maybe I missed it.

The only reason I can think the card was still active, is if there were a rash of burglaries that night and somehow LE took control of those accounts to see where it led. The ATM said there was $3598 balance, but in reality it was a dummy account set up to watch. Meanwhile Person A has his real money in a new account. Dunno.

This bugs me too...doesn't make much sense. Also, why would the person that stole the card wait so long to use it? Generally speaking, I would think you would be trying to use it before the person it was stolen from realized it was gone....usually after almost a month the card owner would realize it was missing and have shut it down and replaced it, even if they didn't see you break into their car. :waitasec:

I don't think that IK is the one that stole the card. I think he received it second hand either as payment for something, or found it, or stole it from someone else. The affidavit doesn't say that the SAME unknown person committed all of the crimes listed, and he isn't charged with theft, just with fraudulent use of the card.

Snipped from the Criminal Complaint document:
Offense Description
Access Device Fraud - Knowingly and with intent to defraud effects
transactions with an access device issued to another person to receive
payment and a thing of value during any one-year period the aggreagate
value of which is equal or greater than $1,000

My opinions...

I am not sure whether the owners commented on the lengths he went to not be seen (with no mention of a mask) or whether someone here wrote it (not as a guess - I was guessing it was either one of those ways lol)

The owners definitely made the statement. I've posted the link in previous threads but I don't have it right this second. I'm positive this came from the owners.

There was no sign of a struggle, he said. Soon after, when the Duncans watched the surveillance video, they saw something that made them call police immediately, he said. The couple would not elaborate on what triggered the call but said the video was obscured somehow.

"This perpetrator took obvious and deliberate means to avoid being captured on video," Tyler Duncan said.

http://www.adn.com/2012/02/08/2307318/police-report-some-progress-in.html#storylink=cpy

I don't think that IK is the one that stole the card. I think he received it second hand either as payment for something, or found it, or stole it from someone else. The affidavit doesn't say that the SAME unknown person committed all of the crimes listed, and he isn't charged with theft, just with fraudulent use of the card.

Snipped from the Criminal Complaint document:

My opinions...

I agree...I don't think he stole the card either. I feel like he must have "received" it on or sometime really close to the 28th, which IIRC, is when the card was first used.

I'd bet good money his trip was about drugs. As far as leaving the rolled up cash in plain sight, my guess is he had just finished a drop off/pick up and did not have time to secure the cash just yet...had to drive away for a little bit (which would account for him driving fast or making mistakes and getting pulled over by DPS).

I still have no idea where Sam fits into all of this.

Hmmm I am just sitting here thinking, wondering how all of this case ties in to eachother. I can't help but think imo somebody close to Sam had an outstanding drug debt. She was taken to prove a point and unfortunately I don't think she is here anymore. Why would IK be down South with rolls of cash? Who does that? The person I would think of is a drug dealer. Also, as someone mentioned before Jerry Perdomo was.running up and down the.east coast...why couldn't IK? I remember someone telling me a story of two friends in Philly they said bye to eachother and the girl was kidnapped down an alley. Her mom had an outstanding drug debt and they took her kid...gruesome yes but very probable and realistic when we we look into the minds of drug dealers and criminals.

I thought LE said when they first made the arrest something about not expecting other arrests or not really expecting other POI's-did I imagine that?

note the indictment only includes enough info to provide the grand jury enough for indictment..

It only has info for ONE card... It also does NOT include all the uses or the whole time frame..

Some articles say that the card was used hours after the abduction and the theft of the card....
The indictment does not say this. However, IK left AK right after the abduction and didn't return for over two weeks. That info is from the house/dogsitter.

I have also noted that when they mention it was used again on the 28th, that correlates to the day that the "rumor" that JK was spending reward money.
Then, continues to use it.
IMO, if the first withdrawl showed a low balance, and the card was kept, and then LE put $5,000 into the account, has the "spending reward money" rumor put out there, as in 'Hey, there is now more money in the acct..fyi"... Then withdrawls are made, a balance is checked and now there is $3,200+ in the account. IK took the bait and leads them all over the place. Letting them build up charges, and a reason to follow and arrest him...

This is my first post, so let me know if i posted something "incorrectly"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member