AK - Samantha Koenig, 18, Anchorage, 01 Feb 2012 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if Samantha was working for Keyes by stealing cards for him?

Wonder if Samantha was working for Keyes by stealing cards for him?

Possible I guess. I still think JK knows who Person A is, if it isn't him. Yes I know he said it wasn't but he is not high on my trust list.

the card not being used, then money appearing in it (safe to assume money was added after the theft otherwise why didn't IK use it earlier) At that time questions asked about the reward money. Then wihdrawls made up to the daily limit. Some on here did the math and it was a couple of cents short of $5000 - nice round figure.

At the same times posts on facebook started sounding like they were aimed at someone in particular (most have been deleted now) which leads me to believe contact had been made with JK OR JK had been sitting on his hands keeping mum about it but hit boiling point.

I doubt they will find much in the shed though. maybe a coat he wore that may have had trace evidence on it - like a hair - jacket removed so they do the fine tooth comb search. The whole shed being taken is not unusual for things like that. When evidence is taken, and those of you that have seen it happen, there are usually bags and bags and bags taken - not all of that ends up in the court room = they take it to be safe.

People have said Sam would have/could have/ should have screamed and fought - I agree she didn't seem to have the personality of a wallflower - my thoughts would be she may well lean towards being a bit of a smartarse (in the nicest possible way). She could have been saying things like "you won't get away with this" "I will tell the police all about you" then IK snaps and duct tapes her? uses chloroform? ... drugs her? Panick sets in cause he is leaving town the next morning on a rumoured family vacay so he has to get rid of her quick.

later on he makes contact with JK - somehow ... could not have been a phone call because there is no doubt in the world that all phones were bugged. maywell have been in the mail ... I dunno ...

OR maybe my imagination is just running wild tonight. I ran all these theories by my 2 year old grandson today, he was no help, been itching to share with big people lol

The snow ought to start to thaw in AK pretty fast now and people will start to get out and about more and that's probably when they will find Samantha. It just about broke my heart when one of the news articles referred to the shed being taken in connection to the homicide/kidnapping of Samantha. I take it that APD is now considering this a homicide? Prayers for Samantha!

Not ONE person has come forward to talk negative about IK?
There are pages bashing JK's behavior re: the reward fund.
There are pages bashing CB and a few dedicated to TMC.

Anyone else find it totally bizarre that the one guy the police are honed in on has zero enemies and has been called a hard worker and honest more than a few times by people who paid him and not one complaint? <modsnip>

Seems really really odd.

The snow ought to start to thaw in AK pretty fast now and people will start to get out and about more and that's probably when they will find Samantha. It just about broke my heart when one of the news articles referred to the shed being taken in connection to the homicide/kidnapping of Samantha. I take it that APD is now considering this a homicide? Prayers for Samantha!

Unless she was disposed of in water. I believe there are a few places closeby where water and ice and flow of that water would just ... destroy her (hate saying that)

Locals will know what I mean or tell me what I saw was just different to the norm :(

Not ONE person has come forward to talk negative about IK?
There are pages bashing JK's behavior re: the reward fund.
There are pages bashing CB and a few dedicated to TMC.

Anyone else find it totally bizarre that the one guy the police are honed in on has zero enemies and has been called a hard worker and honest more than a few times by people who paid him and not one complaint? <modsnip>

Seems really really odd.

I thought it was odd too, which is why I am leaning towards him being peripherally involved in the kidnapping.

snipped from ADN article today:
****** said he hired Keyes in 2008 after seeing an ad on Craigslist to help build an apartment building just off the Delaney Park Strip. Keyes was a hard worker who talked about bringing his daughter to Alaska from somewhere in the Lower 48, ****** said.

****** described Keyes as "absolutely honest and reliable and a person who was, in my opinion, utterly trustworthy."

"As far as I'm concerned, Israel is as honest as the day is long," said ******, who recommended Keyes to others because of his good work.

Read more here: http://www.adn.com/2012/03/31/2401114/fbi-police-examine-shed-taken.html#storylink=cpy

http://www.adn.com/2012/03/31/2401114/fbi-police-examine-shed-taken.html

I starred out the man's name.

Having family who work in the construction business your trustworthiness is all you have. Bad workers, or workers that have bad habits don't get hired anymore. IMO, if Keyes were into illegal activities the comments sections of these news articles would be flooded with people putting in their two cents. Like it has been said before, everyone knows everyone who knows someone else in Anchorage, and we are a bunch of gossipy old women too :)

I am not convinced IK was the kidnapper, or even had contact with SK. I am leaning towards him being a lookout, and his truck being pictured on the abduction video. If this is the case, then the smartest move would be for the kidnapper to not tell IK anything more than he needed to know, so he didn't roll over on him.

Hopefully, if this is the case IK has told LE everything he does know and LE is following up on it. Maybe the kidnapper handled something in the shed, and LE is looking for evidence of them, not necessarily SK. Maybe IK didn't know a real name?

My thoughts and opinions only.

What's the latest and is IK the only suspect in this case?

Unless she was disposed of in water. I believe there are a few places closeby where water and ice and flow of that water would just ... destroy her (hate saying that)

Locals will know what I mean or tell me what I saw was just different to the norm :(

When I lived in Anchorage things were pretty frozen solid during that time of the year except for the ocean. I guess its possible that he may have drove south down the old Seward Hwy heading for Portage Glacier. There's a few places a person could pull off the Hwy. This case is so sad.

4 hours since a post on facebook. This time of night is usually pretty active. It stopped like this once before when the man's body was found ... I wish a reporter was camped outside watching activity and relaying it. You can always tell by activity at the house what is happening :(

I am not convinced IK was the kidnapper, or even had contact with SK. I am leaning towards him being a lookout, and his truck being pictured on the abduction video. If this is the case, then the smartest move would be for the kidnapper to not tell IK anything more than he needed to know, so he didn't roll over on him.

Hopefully, if this is the case IK has told LE everything he does know and LE is following up on it. Maybe the kidnapper handled something in the shed, and LE is looking for evidence of them, not necessarily SK. Maybe IK didn't know a real name?

My thoughts and opinions only.

I am sure he had contact with sam, being a lookout doesn't make sense when LE says they found evidence in the car linking him.

Did we ever find out about Sam's phone wallet purse etc?

IK knows stuff for sure. He could have been an accessory but they would have said that, and if he knows no names or anything they could release that information. Moo

When I lived in Anchorage things were pretty frozen solid during that time of the year except for the ocean. I guess its possible that he may have drove south down the old Seward Hwy heading for Portage Glacier. There's a few places a person could pull off the Hwy. This case is so sad.

But then we have the time window. Could he have driven down there after getting the debit card and back to catch a flight out for his holiday?

I was up there for 4 months of winter, just can't remember when I saw the icy water but it was kind of running, and can't remember the name LOL (I was too enthralled by moose, moose poop ear rings and snow banks bigger than houses lol)

The melt has started just now? is that correct? because I was sure I saw the snow starting to melt (pitifully) when I was there. I know this winter has had record snow though, were there record lows temp wise? That would keep things pretty frozen hard

I do not think Sam is haphazardly disposed of in a snow bank. What could be in that shed now, that was left there the first time the house was searched? Is it possible that James Koenig is a police officer?

I am sure he had contact with sam, being a lookout doesn't make sense when LE says they found evidence in the car linking him.

Did we ever find out about Sam's phone wallet purse etc?

IK knows stuff for sure. He could have been an accessory but they would have said that, and if he knows no names or anything they could release that information. Moo

IMO, the evidence was the debit card, and it is linked to SK somehow.

I do not think Sam is haphazardly disposed of in a snow bank. What could be in that shed now, that was left there the first time the house was searched? Is it possible that James Koenig is a police officer?

I feel that they are looking for something linking another person. I think it is evidence that has come to light after interviews with IK. I think he is spilling his guts right about now; unfortunately if SK hasn't been found I think he doesn't know where she is.

MOO

You may be referring to turnigan arm. That is down towards girdwood. I eluded to that earlier. It has ice in it. Slush and explorer sized chunks. The large tides keep it moving all the time. When we go down that way in winter we always stop and watch it. The sound it makes is cool. The chunks banging into each other, the slush etc it is impressive.
I told my wife once that next time my dinner wasn't cooked or cold she would swim with the fishes there.
In an hour and a half round trip it would be feasible to do. And IMO the best place close. Especially in winter, and dark. Cars travel that road but no many that late at night in the winter. And there are always people stopped at pullover along that road, so it wouldn't be strange to see someone parked there.
If. If that is the location no one will ever find anything now. The ice,, the tides, no boats out there, nothing to see from a plane. And months later, it would be gone.

IMO it seems that alot of criminals go somewhere they are familiar with and feel comfy at. And that is their undoing. Security in a stressful time clouds judgement. The pshcopaths have such better crimes because they don't get flustered and remain calm and rational. Maybe IK kept his head about him and thought it out logically and quickly and kept calm and used what he figured was best place. IMO.

Maybe LE has some result (DNA?) from his car and want to check against the shed? I mean, he could possibly explain Samantha having been in his car, for example, in some crazy way, but not in his shed...I don't know...just wondering why it took so long to remove it.

Yes, IMO it would be difficult to dispose of anything in the ocean in Anchorage. For those of you who haven't been to Anchorage, you would have to walk out onto ice or mudflats to attempt to throw something in the ocean and even then it would be shallow. Here is a shot of the coast from Earthquake Park in the winter, you can see how difficult it would be: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1b/Anchorage_from_Earthquake_Park.jpg

There are no bridges (that I can think of) over deeper water where you could toss something in Anchorage.

Maybe LE has some result (DNA?) from his car and want to check against the shed? I mean, he could possibly explain Samantha having been in his car, for example, in some crazy way, but not in his shed...I don't know...just wondering why it took so long to remove it.

That's what I'm wondering. The shed was left unsecured for over two weeks. A defense attorney would have a field day with that.

High tide that night was at 3:48 am approx., so still very dark. However, it wasn't a "high" high tide, so I am not sure how easy it would be to get a body out to deep enough water. If it involved the mud flats at all I would rule it out. It is dangerous enough with just your weight, not to mention adding another 120 pounds.

On Wednesday February 1st there were intermittent closures on the Seward Highway south of Anchorage due to avalanches. There was quite a bit of snow south of Anchorage that day and night. I would bet that there were road crews out all night monitoring avalanche danger.

My opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member