AK - Samantha Koenig, 18, Anchorage, 01 Feb 2012 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OT, but just thought this was kind of interesting.. the Google view of IK's house from August '09 shows his green tool racks on the back of this other truck
Spurr Lane, Anchorage, AK - Google Maps
Then if you turn the street view around, next door to IK's house is a white Silverado 4x4 in the driveway that looks a lot like his. Maybe he bought his neighbor's truck?
Spurr Lane, Anchorage, AK - Google Maps
540115_365367813507880_328733013838027_1134627_1143346542_n.jpg

That's a FORD in the neighbors driveway...

Lowes and Home Depot right there by CGE? They would have parking lot cameras. Are they close enough?

Home Depot and Lowes are a few blocks away. I would think The Alaska Club would have cameras since car break ins at gyms are frequent. There isn't really anything else close enough to have cameras pick anything up.

Ok.. sorry. Guess I'm no truck expert. :(

No you are a expert.

I tried to load the image of he's old green ford yesterday and didn't know how.

The door seals on the window of the door on a chevy go straight and the fords well for the newer ones have that weird drop down by the mirror.

Thanks Gliving!
This was interesting!
I remember DadinAK saying it looked like the shed was not full because the LE were able to adjust the shed with their own strength when needed. I hope I understood you correctly, DadinAK?)
I am so curious to find out what they are looking for...and what they find!

Lowes and Home Depot right there by CGE? They would have parking lot cameras. Are they close enough?

Short answer, no. Long answer, Tudor, which separates CGE and Home Depot, is a 4 lane busy road with a median. The side of Tudor with CGE is actually higher than the side with Home Depot, and there is a large parking lot with a Dairy Queen separating Home Depot and the road. There were and are also LARGE snow piles in both parking lots, and deep snow burms on either side of Tudor.

Just another interesting fact, Channel 2 (NBC affiliate) is located right next door to Home Depot/Dairy Queen.

No i dont. I only know how to get to a few places in anchorage. The only reason i mentioned Northern lights is because it's close to IK's house.

If you want to go that route, IK could go North from his house through the neighborhood and he would hit the coastal trail then the inlet. He wouldn't even have to go on Northern Lights to get to water. My husband grew up on Spurr and his mom just sold her house there a few years ago. We used to walk with the kids down to the water all the time, but never out on the mud flats :)

My opinions.

Why only remove the shed now? This case is beyond confusing...

Is it possible this shed was purchased with money from the debit-card/fraud and is evidence for that reason?

If you want to go that route, IK could go North from his house through the neighborhood and he would hit the coastal trail then the inlet. He wouldn't even have to go on Northern Lights to get to water. My husband grew up on Spurr and his mom just sold her house there a few years ago. We used to walk with the kids down to the water all the time, but never out on the mud flats :)

My opinions.

I never said anything about water it crossed my mind but when i looked at the map it seemed harder and less unlikely unless the body was in pieces, If he drove there with her to the house then i don't see him walking around with the body or driving through town with one,, By the looks of the map seems a quick drop would be easy enough for him on Northern lights.

Is it possible this shed was purchased with money from the debit-card/fraud and is evidence for that reason?

It's got the same amount of snow on the roof as the house does in the first pic.

Thanks Gliving!
This was interesting!
I remember DadinAK saying it looked like the shed was not full because the LE were able to adjust the shed with their own strength when needed. I hope I understood you correctly, DadinAK?)
I am so curious to find out what they are looking for...and what they find!

They hauled it down to the FBI building where the Major Crime Scene van was waiting. They'll probably go through it with a fine tooth comb looking for trace evidence, just like they did with his truck. I'm curious if they found any evidence in his truck. Would he take the risk of having her in his truck? I think every one knows about trace fibers and such. Same thing if he used a tool from the shed. Surely he'd toss the tool in the ocean and not put it back in the shed. I guess it could be a duct tape match like CA. And I really don't think he'd hide her in the shed. That would be incredibly stupid.

Then again, when I think of some of the stupid stuff other criminals have done, nothing would surprise me.

I haven't been to this thread in awhile. But I have to say that my :heartbeat: sunk when I read that they took the shed in to the forensics lab. I really think that is a very bad sign for Sam,imo. :rose:

I haven't been to this thread in awhile. But I have to say that my :heartbeat: sunk when I read that they took the shed in to the forensics lab. I really think that is a very bad sign for Sam,imo. :rose:

Agreed. Given the placement of the shed I think it's highly unlikely that he kept her captive there. So that really doesn't leave much they could be looking for except blood and such. :(

Doing a google search for the latest, this video pops up. Don't know why it would be google-tagged with Samantha:
Teenage girl car prowlers anchorage - YouTube

This is probably nothing, but the same Youtube user has other closed caption videos of Anchorage. The last one seems to be of an apartment below him that has cars coming and going every three minutes. Drug dealer? Why is this guy putting security videos on youtube?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8ADW-VU0UE&feature=autoplay&list=UUDXFc5V8Sy9AQ4qxXdBnjDA&lf=plcp&playnext=1"]Teenage girl car prowlers anchorage - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKF_SmQUvA4&list=UUDXFc5V8Sy9AQ4qxXdBnjDA&index=31&feature=plcp"]IdiotsDownstairs - YouTube[/ame]

Doing a google search for the latest, this video pops up. Don't know why it would be google-tagged with Samantha:
Teenage girl car prowlers anchorage - YouTube

Then looking at a google map of CGE, I see there's a Hooters across the street. I didn't know that. Not that it means anything, only interesting.

630 E. Tudor Road anchorage alaska - Google Maps

If you click on the title and go to the youtube page, it reads:

"These are the two teenage girls that are prowling car in Independence park in Anchorage, Alaska."

I wonder if they are stealing things, i.e. credit cards, from unlocked cars?

http://www.adn.com/2012/03/31/2401114/fbi-police-examine-shed-taken.html

Updated article with a bit more information.

The Anchorage Police Department and FBI are collaborating on the Koenig case, said FBI spokesman Eric Gonzalez.

"Obviously we're processing the shed with APD. This is obviously tied to the abduction of Samantha Koenig," Gonzalez said. "This is a joint investigation. We're working very closely with each other."

AND

"Paul Adelman said he hired Keyes in 2008 after seeing an ad on Craigslist to help build an apartment building just off the Delaney Park Strip. Keyes was a hard worker who talked about bringing his daughter to Alaska from somewhere in the Lower 48, Adelman said.

Adelman described Keyes as "absolutely honest and reliable and a person who was, in my opinion, utterly trustworthy."

"As far as I'm concerned, Israel is as honest as the day is long," said Adelman, who recommended Keyes to others because of his good work."

Read more here: http://www.adn.com/2012/03/31/2401114/fbi-police-examine-shed-taken.html#storylink=cpy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem