AK - Samantha Koenig, 18, Anchorage, 01 Feb 2012 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's another thing that keeps going through my head.

IK has no record that is too evil, a DUI over 10 years ago is basically nothing - he was only 24 then himself. What has driven this man to all of a sudden be a robber, abductor, bank robber? If he does smoke weed I don't see that as a huge problem - I have seen way too many professional people that socially smoke weed (no I do not smoke it, last thing I need is a head messer lol)

So times are tough, for many people, and crime, usually petty, is up and has been for a while. His business is not huge. He seems to have been with the same woman for a few years although never married.

I have said I think there was more involved right from the start (no proof just my opinion) but have looked at the movie-type involvement - hard drugs etc ... what IF this started as a way to make ends meet and someone around him continued the over spending and it just got out of hand.

In a normal person's life things like vacations are often the first thing revamped - no more ski resort holidays, we will go to family instead, but the overspender will book the cheap cruise, a cheaper resort ..... sort of a reward for themselves for cutting back on spending. New cars are another thing that people that can least afford it seem to decide on.

It just doesn't make sense that he all of a sudden turned to a life of crime, and it doesn't make sense that he has gone all this time not being caught doing anything. So rather than the drug bust in Fairbanks relationship, maybe it was a much smaller drug problem in his own home that he thought he could handle with a one off type thing? Maybe he THOUGHT he could handle it but the extent of the debt was far bigger than first told, making him move from a coffee shiop theft to a ransom type deal to a bank robbery? just to get out of the debt.

I thought he was a middle man. I thought JK was in some kind of trouble and was being taught a lesson - pay up and you get your daughter back type thing. What if someone closer to him was being threatened and he decided to help himself ?

This made no sense to me, too many holes, but maybe someone can see where I am going.

Here's another thing that keeps going through my head.

IK has no record that is too evil, a DUI over 10 years ago is basically nothing - he was only 24 then himself. What has driven this man to all of a sudden be a robber, abductor, bank robber? If he does smoke weed I don't see that as a huge problem - I have seen way too many professional people that socially smoke weed (no I do not smoke it, last thing I need is a head messer lol)

So times are tough, for many people, and crime, usually petty, is up and has been for a while. His business is not huge. He seems to have been with the same woman for a few years although never married.

I have said I think there was more involved right from the start (no proof just my opinion) but have looked at the movie-type involvement - hard drugs etc ... what IF this started as a way to make ends meet and someone around him continued the over spending and it just got out of hand.

In a normal person's life things like vacations are often the first thing revamped - no more ski resort holidays, we will go to family instead, but the overspender will book the cheap cruise, a cheaper resort ..... sort of a reward for themselves for cutting back on spending. New cars are another thing that people that can least afford it seem to decide on.

It just doesn't make sense that he all of a sudden turned to a life of crime, and it doesn't make sense that he has gone all this time not being caught doing anything. So rather than the drug bust in Fairbanks relationship, maybe it was a much smaller drug problem in his own home that he thought he could handle with a one off type thing? Maybe he THOUGHT he could handle it but the extent of the debt was far bigger than first told, making him move from a coffee shiop theft to a ransom type deal to a bank robbery? just to get out of the debt.

I thought he was a middle man. I thought JK was in some kind of trouble and was being taught a lesson - pay up and you get your daughter back type thing. What if someone closer to him was being threatened and he decided to help himself ?

This made no sense to me, too many holes, but maybe someone can see where I am going.

Just to add to your train of thought....one of the news stations reported that Keyes said he was a single parent and the sole support of his 10 year old daughter.

I have heard from a few people in Anchorage that Keyes did great work. If he was really charging $35/hr, that is a very reasonable rate. My family and I own rental properties and we have a few handyman types we call when repairs are needed. These guys are constantly busy and charge more than $35. Summer is a busy season for outside construction type work but tons of people wait until winter to do inside remodeling. I just have a feeling that it wasn't due to lack of work that this happened.

My impression of his arraignment was that he was scard s**tless. Perhaps he didn't request bail because he doesn't want to get out!

Just to add to your train of thought....one of the news stations reported that Keyes said he was a single parent and the sole support of his 10 year old daughter.

I have heard from a few people in Anchorage that Keyes did great work. If he was really charging $35/hr, that is a very reasonable rate. My family and I own rental properties and we have a few handyman types we call when repairs are needed. These guys are constantly busy and charge more than $35. Summer is a busy season for outside construction type work but tons of people wait until winter to do inside remodeling. I just have a feeling that it wasn't due to lack of work that this happened.

My impression of his arraignment was that he was scard s**tless. Perhaps he didn't request bail because he doesn't want to get out!
BBM I agree. I read somewhere that the threat to society reason can also refer to the threat to society that someone will try to play judge and jury and do harm to the suspect. I think that is what is going on here, flight risk (but no cash so not much of one I would think, can't drive out of state without leaving the country) and his own safety.

I've seen many MANY people's brains get fried after long term alcohol and marijuana use. It takes it's toll in time. Many do go on to harder drugs. If he has an addictive personality he very well could have gone to something more.

Just because he hasn't been caught doing illegal things doesn't mean he hasn't been doing them.

For brevity I won't quote but just continue the conversation. IK seem the type that has always lived beneath the grid except for his stint in the Army. He lived near a rural Indian village building trails and outhouses. If his daughter is 10ish, it would have been about this time that she was born. He's reported to be a single father raising his daughter. Then in 2007 he moves to Anchorage and starts up a one-man construction business. He drives an older truck. His partner is said to work in a respectable profession that requires licensure. She owns the home and has done extensive remodeling to make it nice in appearance. Neighbors report favorably that they are a pleasant quiet family. They say he's a busy guy always working. His photos looks like a normal guy, not a meth head druggie type. No court filings in small claims court for nonpayments. Nothing draws attention to IK. Nothing. Just a guy.

What is going on?

We used to have a dream thread. Is it off TOS to talk about dreams of this case?

If he had requested bail more information would have been released too. I can't find the story about that at the moment but it has been posted here before.

JK
or IK
??

For brevity I won't quote but just continue the conversation. JK seem the type that has always lived beneath the grid except for his stint in the Army. He lived near a rural Indian village building trails and outhouses. If his daughter is 10ish, it would have been about this time that she was born. He's reported to be a single father raising his daughter. Then in 2007 he moves to Anchorage and starts up a one-man construction business. He drives an older truck. His partner is said to work in a respectable profession that requires licensure. She owns the home and has done extensive remodeling to make it nice in appearance. Neighbors report favorably that they are a pleasant quiet family. They say he's a busy guy always working. His photos looks like a normal guy, not a meth head druggie type. No court filings in small claims court for nonpayments. Nothing draws attention to JK. Nothing. Just a guy.

What is going on?

We used to have a dream thread. Is it off TOS to talk about dreams of this case?

I've seen many MANY people's brains get fried after long term alcohol and marijuana use. It takes it's toll in time. Many do go on to harder drugs. If he has an addictive personality he very well could have gone to something more.

Just because he hasn't been caught doing illegal things doesn't mean he hasn't been doing them.

Ohh I have seen many a person go down the drain on drugs too! It is usually THAT obvious BUT I have also been caught, just recently, with someone very close to me that has been doing meth for EIGHT years! (they admitted that, not a guess) They certainly did not look like a drug addict, not the usual scars, sores etc ... nearly killed me, and never been in trouble with the law. I am not an idiot and I honestly had no idea - even the person living with her didn't - addicts are very good at covering up.

But maybe it isn't him ... maybe someone close to him.

For brevity I won't quote but just continue the conversation. IK seem the type that has always lived beneath the grid except for his stint in the Army. He lived near a rural Indian village building trails and outhouses. If his daughter is 10ish, it would have been about this time that she was born. He's reported to be a single father raising his daughter. Then in 2007 he moves to Anchorage and starts up a one-man construction business. He drives an older truck. His partner is said to work in a respectable profession that requires licensure. She owns the home and has done extensive remodeling to make it nice in appearance. Neighbors report favorably that they are a pleasant quiet family. They say he's a busy guy always working. His photos looks like a normal guy, not a meth head druggie type. No court filings in small claims court for nonpayments. Nothing draws attention to IK. Nothing. Just a guy.

What is going on?

I am wondering about the whole single father thing. KA had a listing in Neah Bay too, I am under the impression he met her there. I wouldn't doubt she is the mother or at least has been in the child's life since she was a baby.

Claiming single father status has its benefits - especially when you are a sole business owner of a small business - tax wise.

The fact that she purchased the house in her name only could also be a benefit to them. And that fact actually has a million reasons why you might - all legit.

I know they renovated but didn't the neighbours say that he had made the house nice and neat looking? The fact that his previous neighbours said he often did work in the front yard using machinery to me means he is not out there making the mega bucks. They all had to be small projects to be completed in a yard.

He doesn't strike me as the bank robbing, abducting, fraud type guy either, but he apparently he is - the fraud for sure.

Is it really an addiction if no one knew? I tend to consider them a drug user, maybe an abuser... but a junkie:waitasec: that NO ONE knew about?
I am offended at people who lump marijuana users into the same barrel as narcotic addicts. Nicotine and caffeine are mind altering "drugs" yet no one seems to think they could be the motive for a kidnapping.

a
Ohh I have seen many a person go down the drain on drugs too! It is usually THAT obvious BUT I have also been caught, just recently, with someone very close to me that has been doing meth for EIGHT years! (they admitted that, not a guess) They certainly did not look like a drug addict, not the usual scars, sores etc ... nearly killed me, and never been in trouble with the law. I am not an idiot and I honestly had no idea - even the person living with her didn't - addicts are very good at covering up.

But maybe it isn't him ... maybe someone close to him.

Went and did the street view for northern lights blvd Looks like a road that needs to be searched. I clicked a ways down it looks like all woods.

Went and did the street view for northern lights blvd Looks like a road that needs to be searched. I clicked a ways down it looks like all woods.

The bike trail on Northern Lights and the Coastal Trail bordering Earthquake Park are both heavily trafficked, even in tons of snow. It wouldn't be impossible to take a body down there but it would be very difficult without being spotted. There are also tons of dogs around there, it is unpleasant to think about but I don't think it would be a likely place for a body to be.

The bike trail on Northern Lights and the Coastal Trail bordering Earthquake Park are both heavily trafficked, even in tons of snow. It wouldn't be impossible to take a body down there but it would be very difficult without being spotted. There are also tons of dogs around there, it is unpleasant to think about but I don't think it would be a likely place for a body to be.

Even late at night lets say midnight in February? There is some kind of pull off not that far down the road.

I missed something. What's going on with Northern Lights Blvd?

Even late at night lets say midnight in February? There is some kind of pull off not that far down the road.

Which pull off are you referring to? Point Woronzof is kind of a makeout spot so people are there late at night, and people also go there to watch for northern lights or take pics. There is a 24 post office, FedEx terminal etc on Postmark drive plus its a short cut to the airport. People who live in Turnagain would take that route to go to the airport. I know it was snowing hard many nights after she was abducted so it's hard to say.

Which pull off are you referring to? Point Woronzof is kind of a makeout spot so people are there late at night, and people also go there to watch for northern lights or take pics. There is a 24 post office, FedEx terminal etc on Postmark drive plus its a short cut to the airport. People who live in Turnagain would take that route to go to the airport. I know it was snowing hard many nights after she was abducted so it's hard to say.

Not sure what the pull off is called but it's in the green of earthquake park.

I am not from anchorage so I don't know the area, I was just looking at the old pic of the shed after the first raid of the house and kinda looks like finger print dust all over the door by the knob and above, Thought if he did take the crime there he wouldn't go driving all over town with the body.

FBI Removes Shed From Keyes' Home in Koenig Investigation

http://www.ktva.com/home/top-stories/Keyes-Home-Stripped-by-Law-Enforcement-145312645.html

By Kirsten Swann
Bio | Email

Story Created: Mar 30, 2012 at 11:53 PM AKDT

Story Updated: Mar 31, 2012 at 1:34 PM AKDT

UPDATE 3/31/12 - The Anchorage Police Department confirms the shed was seized in connection with a homicide or kidnapping investigation.

ANCHORAGE - More than a dozen FBI agents paid a late night visit to Israel Keyes' Turnagain home Friday.

<modsnip>

Around 10 p.m. Friday, FBI agents used shovels and sawhorses to remove a white storage shed from the driveway of Keyes' residence on Spurr Lane, loading the structure onto a flatbed truck with a forklift and leaving with it about an hour later. The truck was followed by several unmarked law enforcement vehicles.

<modsnip -- read more at the link>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member